The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Thorium, an alternative nuclear fuel?

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby SmokinJoe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 pm

ted.com is a great site where, instead of just words posted on a site about a subject, they post short videos from those who are generally experts in their field. If not experts, they are really well informed.

I do not know anything about thorium. This short video really talks in layman's terms so that dummies like me can even understand what they are talking about. Great video about a safer alternative fuel that is possible in place of nuclear fuel.

http://www.ted.com/talks/kirk_sorensen_ ... _fuel.html
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby rath » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:25 am

rath

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 am

Thorium is used in TIG welding electodes. 2% is added to the pure Tunsten to raise the melting point, and retain a sharp point for welding control. It is radioactive, and my company did a test of the grinders uses to sharpen tunsten to see of we were getting any particals emited from it. It was determained to be safe for us to grind.

Very interresting possible use for thorium.
greeney2

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts