The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The End Is…Slowly Taking Some Time to Fade…

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Eldensword » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm

The End Is…Slowly Taking Some Time to Fade…

Preparers, Twenty-Twelvers, Zombie Death Squad Members, Rapture Rooters, Post-Apocalyptics and End of Worlders in general, hear me! The balloon…The bubble of the thousand year trend of disillusioned, brain-washed, hyperactively synergized play on your feeble minds is about to BURST! The end of the world and the panic and pandemonium you seek and pray for is very simply put, your deepest desire for “The Norm” to end. You don’t fit, you don’t belong – Therefore you long for a Science Fiction induced religious cleansing and “reset” button to be pushed via zombies, nukes, God and invasion. But alas, at the end of the day, the masses won’t change. Comfort is King. The real “apocalypse” is the day the fads, trends, jokes and hopes of the people begging for an epic ending either die of old age, waiting for it or the next, hugely powerful inspiration occurs. It should be technology by my guess, we’ll see.

The true end, the apocalypse, is the realization that the predictions, the prophesies and the hopes for the fall of mankind become proven wrong so many undeniable times that we start actually making movies without antagonistic themes and villains, joking about a “sea of zombies at your door step” isn’t funny anymore and we’re left with constant media streams and information, opening our minds to a beautiful future, stretching out for millennia.

The bubble will pop. Do you know what Moxy is? We’ve still got it, even though that bubble popped almost a century ago. Like all trends and culture changes, we’re caught up day dreaming of an end and our media and entertainment recycles it over and over and over…We’re going to get sick of it. It’s happening already.

When we’re done being entertained by “The End” and when the future generations rebel against the idea of it, the world will be “reborn” and the future of humanity will be given hope.

No Messiah, No Savior, No disease…Just culture and the power of information, imagination and social science.

I believe in God and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior – It has NOTHING to do with how SH!T is actually going to go down though. Each human is on their own plain, their own level of challenges here. This planet, this reality is a permanent staging area where all levels interact for a myriad of possible outcomes, lessons and growth opportunities.

The information you have is different from the information you are GIVEN. What proof do you have that we landed on the moon? That information is given. What proof do you have that OJ is innocent or guilty? That information is fed to you. Like all of the information, it is what you either know or are told. We can refer to logical collections of evidence, presented by highly flawed humans – Egos tainting the information for a constant manipulation. Manipulation for gain or for sport.

The "proof" of the moon landing and of OJ's innocence isn't the argument - Here's a fun fact to make my point. You can "prove" you are sitting here reading this post, correct? But how deep does that fact go? I mean, you aren't actually sitting since the particles that make up your body aren't touching the particles that make up your chair, so you're in every quantum sense, suspended in space.

So how do you really, absolutely and unequivocally prove a darn thing?

The end is near – If you are about to die, sure (But even that has its implications). The end is near – Only if you believe the pop-culture phenomenon of post-apocalyptic thinking is on its way out.

It will cycle back – And go away and cycle back…

Spend each day thinking on the big picture. You’ll die. Your time here is limited. What should you actually be doing? What should you actually be hoping for? How can you get more of your own answers? How can you collect more data, to support your beliefs? Seek the answer to the question, “Why should I care?”

Spend less on zombie merchandise, less zombie merchandise will be created. Stop going to movies with an “End of The World” theme, fewer movies will be made with it.

We create our future. The people, we determine the truth for our reality. Well, actually…You can sit up all night waiting for the zombies to come…The only thing that will happen is that you’ll experience disappointment. Do it again the next night and the night after that. You’ll find something else to hope for.

My hope is that, that hope will change to something as ridiculous as a hoping for new battery technology in our lifetime. Tens of millions of teenagers and college students spending millions of hours, collectively, on solar technology instead of spending that time on Call of Duty, slaying virtual zombies, wishing they could be as heroic in real life as they are online or whatever perverted, twisted sense of accomplishment we’ve all gotten from that “glory”.

We’ll shift briefly to a time when all of that is boring and the trend is to contribute.

Just watch…
Last edited by Eldensword on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Eldensword
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby qmark » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Eldensword wrote:I believe in God and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior –

Praise the Lord.

Eldensword wrote:Each human is on their own plain, their own level of challenges here. This planet, this reality is a permanent staging area where all levels interact for a myriad of possible outcomes, lessons and growth opportunities.


However, where do you find that in the Bible?
qmark
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Eldensword » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 am

qmark wrote:
Eldensword wrote:I believe in God and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior –

Praise the Lord.

Eldensword wrote:Each human is on their own plain, their own level of challenges here. This planet, this reality is a permanent staging area where all levels interact for a myriad of possible outcomes, lessons and growth opportunities.


However, where do you find that in the Bible?


Qmark - I'm not here to denounce or criticize what billions consider the Word of God. I don't subscribe to it, personally. And in my journey and through prayer, I've discovered some of the truth without leaning on manmade doctrine. It's probably temporary. Unfortunately, I think too many humans reject the idea of creation and a higher authority because it forces them to beleive in scribes written over many centuries by various people telling tales and stories from eras sometimes hundreds of years in the past. I don't know about you, but I know a 3 sentence story passed around a room of ten people changes dramatically in 60 seconds...So asking me to beleive in stories about sacrificing lambs and talking, buring bushes is a bit of stretch. It doesn't keep me from seeking God though. And common sense dictates that if I can name Jesus as my Lord and Savior then I might have a chance of learning the truth. Not beleiving - Well, there's no chance to advance with that attitude.
User avatar
Eldensword
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby event_horizon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:08 am

If you wanna seek the truth then you first have to start with facts and evidence.

What are the facts?

The fact is there's no evidence that a creator exists, period. And until we can get some shred of evidence, then we should think that there isn't one. Just my opinion.

Then maybe we can start holding ourselves accountable for all the mess we've created.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby Eldensword » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 am

The evidence is given when it is not demanded. Perspective is everything in this argument and journey. The point of faith is that, if we humbly stop demanding "proof" and just believe, we are rewarded with the answers in our hearts. Your staunch, logical mind may save you from ridicule from other people, but who cares? Live for 80 years with your arms crossed and your nose up at the idea of God to avoid being laughed at? It comes down to a dysfunctional relationship with "authority", first of all. Secondly, it comes down to uncrossing your arms, relaxing, breathing in life and asking, humbly, to receive the truth. And hey, don't take my word it will happen. I'm no clergyman. I'm sharing what happened to me in hopes that it brightens someone else's life. I'm a scientific minded person, I read up on physics and astronomy regularly. If you want "proof" (which is EVERYWHERE with the right understanding by the way) you need to look no further than the question, "What proof do you have that God DOESN'T exist?" - With that question you can follow your nose...Quantum Mechanics, not jiving with the Laws of Nature and so on. There's a hexagon on the surface of Saturn. Can you prove it? You can scour the internet and find pictures, articles and theories but even the most brilliant minds on the planet can theorize. There's no proof of it being this or that. Just like gravity, time and now even Einstein's Theory of Relativity is being challenged by more and more groups as "disprovable". As science advances, it moves to disprove "facts" all day, every day. So to summarize, it is evident to billions of people, that there is a purpose for our cognitive minds and an unknowable source of complex design and love that "monitors" it all. That seems to bother people the most. Being watched, having to answer to something...Again, faith isn't for everyone. But ironically, most people change their minds at death's door. Maybe you will! Personally, I just choose to walk with an understanding that - For the same reason I don't smoke or do drugs, I'd rather live with as high a quality of life as possible. That quality for me includes being grateful for having had been created.
User avatar
Eldensword
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 am

Maybe by December 23rd of 2012 people will finally shut up about the 'End of Days". Maybe. :lol:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby Eldensword » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 am

En-Lugal wrote:Maybe by December 23rd of 2012 people will finally shut up about the 'End of Days". Maybe. :lol:


Well, what would you rather talk about?
User avatar
Eldensword
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Waffles, I like waffles. Burritos too! Oh and beer!
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
User avatar
En-Lugal
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Postby Eldensword » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

En-Lugal wrote:Waffles, I like waffles. Burritos too! Oh and beer!

Deeply profound...Well, the beer part...
User avatar
Eldensword
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby event_horizon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Eldensword wrote:The evidence is given when it is not demanded.


What "evidence" have you got?

Eldensword wrote:Perspective is everything in this argument and journey. The point of faith is that, if we humbly stop demanding "proof" and just believe, we are rewarded with the answers in our hearts.


I hear that kind of thing a lot from believers..."look inside yourself"..."answer is in our hearts." But I don't think that kind of thing is healthy. Next thing you know, any sort of coincidence or moments of bliss, you're attributing to some imaginary friend...and then, all of a sudden all aspects of your life are being controlled by this imaginary/invisible friend. Then, further down the road you may want to start your own cult (look what you're doing now: "I'm sharing what happened to me in hopes that it brightens someone else's life"), because you truly believe that this imaginary friend is speaking to you telepathically to do so. Next, who knows, a brand new religion may be born, causing people to go on rampages in the name of it.

Looking inside yourself is fine for discovering who you are, but looking for imaginary beings there can lead to problems -- mainly grandiose type delusional disorder.

Looking inside yourself for "God" simply overinflates your own self-worth and personal beliefs.

Eldensword wrote:Your staunch, logical mind may save you from ridicule from other people, but who cares? Live for 80 years with your arms crossed and your nose up at the idea of God to avoid being laughed at? It comes down to a dysfunctional relationship with "authority", first of all. Secondly, it comes down to uncrossing your arms, relaxing, breathing in life and asking, humbly, to receive the truth.


You've got it backwards. It's much easier to be a believer in this world because most people are believers. Don't confuse me with what you may have felt yourself prior to your belief. I could care less what other people think about me, and that's why I don't mind telling anyone that I'm an atheist when asked about my beliefs. I'm not one of those people that craves acceptance and feeds on it to be happy.

Eldensword wrote:I'm a scientific minded person, I read up on physics and astronomy regularly. If you want "proof" (which is EVERYWHERE with the right understanding by the way)


Yes I know, the universe appears to be specially engineered for life to exist. It only appears that way because given the zillions upon zillions of universes that exist in the highly probable multiverse, chances are that a very small percentage of them will have these conditions. Just like only a very small percentage of planets will exist in the habitable zone.

Eldensword wrote:you need to look no further than the question, "What proof do you have that God DOESN'T exist?" - With that question you can follow your nose...Quantum Mechanics, not jiving with the Laws of Nature and so on. There's a hexagon on the surface of Saturn. Can you prove it? You can scour the internet and find pictures, articles and theories but even the most brilliant minds on the planet can theorize. There's no proof of it being this or that. Just like gravity, time and now even Einstein's Theory of Relativity is being challenged by more and more groups as "disprovable". As science advances, it moves to disprove "facts" all day, every day.


Why stop at "God"? Why don't we all start believing in purple mechanical pterodactyls that exist in the Oort Cloud, just because we can't prove otherwise? Where does it end? This is the problem with the world today and why it is so divided. Everyone has their own whacky ideas about their own invisible friends.

Eldensword wrote:So to summarize, it is evident to billions of people, that there is a purpose for our cognitive minds and an unknowable source of complex design and love that "monitors" it all. That seems to bother people the most. Being watched, having to answer to something


That's got nothing to do with it. I don't set out to do harm to people so I've got nothing to fear about being watched. If "God" is all-knowing and all-good then I'd have nothing to worry about, because it would know that I'm not a wicked person. My lifestyle wouldn't change if I found out there was a "God". Sure I'd have a new perspective on things, but that's it.

And just because billions of people believe something that doesn't make it true. Most of these people were indoctrinated at very early ages, just like their parents, and their parents' parents.

Eldensword wrote:Again, faith isn't for everyone. But ironically, most people change their minds at death's door. Maybe you will!


Nope. Won't happen. Barring some "miracle" that happens to me while I'm alive I will take my atheism to my grave.

I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.

Eldensword wrote:Personally, I just choose to walk with an understanding that - For the same reason I don't smoke or do drugs, I'd rather live with as high a quality of life as possible. That quality for me includes being grateful for having had been created.


Sounds like a desired belief.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests