The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Church of Satan

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:19 pm

event_horizon wrote:
humphreys wrote:Congratulations greeney, that's just about the most biased and ignorant post I've ever read on here, and that's saying a lot.

By the way, I didn't say militant atheists do not exist, I said I don't classify myself as one. And militant atheists do not want to destroy religion, or do anything else by force, force is something those of your religion might be more familiar with, eg the crusades. Militants prefer a world without religion, but the means to those ends are by education, not violence and hate. I chose the wrong word with "eradicated", which you have obviously jumped upon as my meaning some sort of genocide.

You're pathetic sometimes.

Tell me about it man. He's got real issues with blowing things out of proportion like a big time drama queen. In fact I think he gets off on it, probably because his real life is so dull and uneventful.

Yeah I have no idea where it even came from in this thread, you'd think a Christian could find a bit of common ground in a thread attacking Satanists...but no, he chooses this as the right moment to compare me to the KKK :wtf:

It was a true WTF moment I must admit.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Speaking of politics, orangetom. As far as I'm concerned, the one ethical, honest and morally responsible candidate running right now is constantly attacked by the other front runners and blacked out all together by the media. I wonder why that is. It wouldn't have anything to do with supporting the constitution would it? Instead of recognizing this particular candidate for his views, the other Christian politicians (a laughable term, I know) they seek to demonize him as do their church going constituents.

Instead of praising this candidate for standing up for the constitutional rights of every man, woman and child of this great nation, they view it as an attack on their religious freedoms. Their version of religious freedom, by the way, seems to be making all children in public schools pray to the one God and ostracizing anyone who is non-compliant. Leaning on the constitution seems to be a popular tool for Christians as long as it only applies to them.

Politicians running for president on religious values and morals, vowing to ban or legislate anything that goes against scripture is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. Period. That's not what they are there for. How is that separation of church and state? Also hilarious to me, is that these other Christian front runners lie so often and in public for all to see.

Yet their constituents rally behind them at any cost to push a religious agenda, yes the churches that sponsor these guys have no problem with the fact that they are obviously pawns of big corporations. They have no problem whatsoever supporting a known adulterer, a liar, a bigot as long as they get some religious legislation passed. Seems to me the church is more interested in the political arena these days than sorting their own house. I guess anything is better than dealing with your own problems.

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:35 pm

greeney2 wrote:I guess anyone opposed to the KKK, is just being a bigot to twards their beliefs and freedom too.

Again, the IG site does not promote violence. They do not promote the hanging of Christians, like the KKK promotes the hanging of black people.

greeney2 wrote:I believe most people would regard doing things just to "blow off steam" as you put it, are the same as "doing it for kicks". Whats the difference?

And here is the crux of your problem. The way you interpret text is ridiculous. Those two quotes are not synonymous (meaning the same or similar) with each other at all. To "blow off steam" is to vent anger or frustration. "Doing it for kicks" is something done as a joke, or for no other reason than to relieve boredom. Jeeeeezus I feel like I'm talking to a child in middle school.

greeney2 wrote:I personally see your IG site and your postsing it no better than anti-semetic agendas

It's no wonder you see it that way, considering you have the intelligence of a 12-year-old, as I've just proven.

greeney2 wrote:but as you can see not a single word has been edited, or deleted, or not a single person banned due to it. Including you!

Not yet, but it sure seems like you want to head in that direction in your other post:

greeney2 wrote:The IG site is no better than equalilant anti-semetic literature and as far as I'm concerned should not be allowed here. We have banned several people for anti-semitism, I do not know why the same is not done here.

greeney2 wrote:your links are bigotry and trash.

You can think that all you want...doesn't make it true. As I've demonstrated, your interpretation of the English language leaves much to be desired, so it's not surprising that you'd think the IG site is something it is not.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Island_Girl » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm

IG... :wtf: :?

Until I looked at Events tag line
I thought ya'll were talking about me. :oops:

I need to get a life and realize that life
is not totally defined by music. Or should I? :think:
Island_Girl

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Some might say reality is a musical composition of some sort.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am

Island_Girl wrote:IG... :wtf: :?

Until I looked at Events tag line
I thought ya'll were talking about me. :oops:

I need to get a life and realize that life
is not totally defined by music. Or should I? :think:

It's not ALL about you ALL the time, Island Girl!!! :evil:

Geez o' Pete are you self-centered!!! :evil:

:wave:

:thumbup:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 am

Threadkiller

at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am

The KKK is about intolerance, bigotry, and hate, and what is more bigoted than discrimination against race or religion, if its against Jews or Christians, hating them, and spreading open hostility, and provoking? What you call debating, comes off alot more like provoking, with the atheism attitudes. You are not exactly embracing the rights of others in a free country, you are intolerant of it, and you do not need to hang someone, or commit a violant act, to be a bigot in life. They do all of it(KKK), but not even every KKK member commits crimes. If your bigotry is limited to verbal expression and attitude, it is none the less still intolerant, prejudice, and bigoted twards religion, KKK or otherwise. There are plenty of white sepremisists who do not go the distance of crimes, but are just as much sympathizers and support the concept. They go though life hating jews, African Americans, other minorieties, Gays, even if they never commit a crime, they are bigots.

I side steped nothing in my Allah answer, you just do not get it. You just want me to give you some test or event that is acceptable proof you can further twist around. It is a different culture, it is not my culture, nor my question in life about God. You talk about hypotheticals if Greeney was born in a Muslim culture, the overwhelming common link in religion is that those born into one, usually are raised within it by their parents. That is normal! Even you and Mrs. H are raising your child within your beliefs, which includes no religion. You even said you would do whatever you had to to persuade him from religion if he found it. If you debating here is example how you would do that, being relentless, God help him is he finds a girl who lets him find religion. EH says if a Christian raised a child within a church, or my Mother had me Baptisted I was brainwashed and religion was shoved down our throats. In some cases its probably true, maybe his grandmother was like that he talked about, and even in my case what kid never had a day, he didn't want to sit and listen to a sermon. But what kid would have never brushed his teeth, or eated vegatables, if it was the kids decision? There is a difference between brainwashing and education.

The only thing we will all agree on is neither side is going to sway the other. We have all dug in our spurs why we believe the way we do, and we have all shown how set in our opinions we are. We only know one thing for sure, nobody gets the proof of God in Life, either way, we only get clues, where some do not see any of them, others see many of them. Nobody is in a hurry to leave this life to find out for a while, that may be the only thing we agree on.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 am

greeney2 wrote: We only know one thing for sure, nobody gets the proof of God in Life

This is untrue and it seems like folly to believe there is a God without proof and to believe there is no God without proof.
at1with0

Postby humphreys » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:43 am

Greeney, the person who most displays the type of KKK attitude you're ridiculously going on about is...you.

Your biased rants are starting to border on the hysterical, and as Event says, you twist everything everyone says, no wonder you see hate and intolerance from us when I have displayed nothing of the kind.

You're so prejudiced you see us all the same, and get the things we say muddled up as if we're the same person! KKK indeed.

You still haven't answered my question regards Allah either, but that was some impressive handwaving.

Care for a career in politics? Keep this up, and you'll wind up president :lol:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts