The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Bible ~ spiritually inspired?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 pm

shadowcass wrote:But this is YOUR Quest and you need to find your OWN answer.

If it's that simple and frankly irrelevant; then no one "need" find any answer. We should just do what a famous prince once said, though I forget the man's name.

"Just party like it's 1999."

His vast wisdom was obviously before its time, but hey, add a couple decades or so and it still works.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby event_horizon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 pm

shadowcass wrote:Oh, to answer your question horizon...yes everything is a hologram


That's nice, but it still doesn't answer the question.

The question was whether or not you think the rest of the universe is just a holographic illusion, and we're the only conscious holograms, or if there are millions or billions of other planets with holographic inhabitants, in this "holographic universe"?

Or do you think aliens are actually "demons" sent by "Satan"?

To me the "Hologram Universe" theory is just a new fad for the techno-age. It'll eventually fade out like everything else. BTW, I think the idea is kinda creepy...to think that we aren't really real...that we're just digital projections in a video game made to please the XBOX "gods", and that someone could just turn us all off at any second......whoa, creepy. :shock:

I don't think Buddha is the right one to be referring to on this subject.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby event_horizon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:I'd still like to know what the hologram fans think about the concept of other holographic beings existing on other planets. Are we the only ones?...and if so, is the rest of the universe just an illusion?...made by the "creator" just to trick 20th century humans into thinking the universe is indeed a physical reality?

I believe there are beings that live on other planets. I don't know what their purpose is, but I suspect that most if not all of them are those who serve God's arch nemises. The fallen angels as it were and perhaps even other raced of beings created through the use of technology, i.e. "planet seeding."


Yeah but if that's the case...why don't the "omnipotent" creator of this hologram simply "delete" the evil?...

An "Agent Smith" virus? :ugeek:

If "god" can't delete the evil, then "god" isn't "omnipotent".

I think the main reason you believe in "hologram theory" is that it can get away with saying the universe was made 6,000 years ago. Am I right? Then that would mean "god" sure went out of "his" way just to fool 20th century humans into thinking the universe is much older -- isn't deception on this scale drastically counterproductive to "his" cause?
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby frrostedman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:11 pm

event_horizon wrote:Yeah but if that's the case...why don't the "omnipotent" creator of this hologram simply "delete" the evil?...

Is it really that subtle that He just doesn't want to? He'll do it in His own time. Like He said many times.

An "Agent Smith" virus? :ugeek:

More childish babble.

If "god" can't delete the evil, then "god" isn't "omnipotent".

True. Obvious, but, true.

I think the main reason you believe in "hologram theory" is that it can get away with saying the universe was made 6,000 years ago. Am I right?

If maybe you'd spend less time concocting theories on why people believe something instead of just being reasonable and accepting that they truly believe it, I think you'd probably be a lot happier. You'd certainly be less hostile and have a lot more time on your hands to do something constructive.

No. There's no sinister plot as to why I believe in the Holographic Theory. I read about it and became fascinated with it before I was reborn.

Then that would mean "god" sure went out of "his" way just to fool 20th century humans into thinking the universe is much older -- isn't deception on this scale drastically counterproductive to "his" cause?

You're so far off track I really don't feel like making the effort to get you back on it. Can you quote me on my belief in a 6,000 year-old universe? Since you know me so well, how about explaining my belief on the age of the universe and the nature of reality?

You see, Mr. Predictable, what you are constantly guilty of doing is making up strawman arguments. Calm down... chill out.. stay on point and ask sincere questions, for Pete's sake. Do you have it in you?
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby event_horizon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Whoa, calm down, dude. For some reason when I was reading your post it sounded like Keanu Reeves was talking to me from "Bill and Ted". Bogus man! :lol:

I was just curious as to how or why you believe in it man. Don't take it so personal. You believe in the bible and you believe in "hologram theory"...very odd for a Christian. So I kinda put 2 and 2 together (especially after your latest post, saying how we could have been put here at any time) you know. That's why I asked you, "am I right"?

Dooood take a "chill pill". 8-)
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby frrostedman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:34 pm

I was just curious as to how or why you believe in it man. Don't take it so personal. You believe in the bible and you believe in "hologram theory"...very odd for a Christian. So I kinda put 2 and 2 together (especially after your latest post, saying how we could have been put here at any time) you know. That's why I asked you, "am I right"?


You've got a serious habit of taking anything someone says and then later referencing it as though you remember them saying they believed it (i.e. your false claim against greeney regarding tele-evangelists, your false claim that I think we're all part of a Sims program, your false innuendo here that I believe our memories are false and we were recently created, etc.)

Furthermore, I have always tried to be careful not to suggest that though I believe certain things are possible, even probable, that I think they are absolutely true. I don't know that the universe is a hologram. I don't know the brain operates like a hologram. I don't know that our reality is an illusion. But I've read enough about the theories and seen enough written argument and scientific backup to form an opinion in support of it.

I wish--though it's your choice obviously--that you'd quit bothering yourself with why I believe things and instead concern yourself with what it is I believe.... minus all the cracks aimed at it to make it sound so absurd. When you go to all that trouble making fun of others' beliefs and dumb them down and paint them as absurd, it reminds me of the people who automatically argue that anyone who believes in extra terrestrial life "believes that little green men from Mars are invading the planet." A few silly, un-called-for jabs like that at someone's beliefs and paradigms eventually convinces that someone you are not serious, you have no respect for others, and you're not concerned with the truth at all.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby rath » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 am

frrostedman wrote:
shadowcass wrote:But this is YOUR Quest and you need to find your OWN answer.

If it's that simple and frankly irrelevant; then no one "need" find any answer. We should just do what a famous prince once said, though I forget the man's name.

"Just party like it's 1999."

His vast wisdom was obviously before its time, but hey, add a couple decades or so and it still works.


no thats wrong ........

What you term A party ....... Jack the ripper might find otherwise.

If we all just did as we please it would still lead to the same question's.

What about your soul.
Last edited by rath on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:21 am

event_horizon wrote:
shadowcass wrote:Oh, to answer your question horizon...yes everything is a hologram


That's nice, but it still doesn't answer the question.

The question was whether or not you think the rest of the universe is just a holographic illusion, and we're the only conscious holograms, or if there are millions or billions of other planets with holographic inhabitants, in this "holographic universe"?

Or do you think aliens are actually "demons" sent by "Satan"?

event_horizon wrote:To me the "Hologram Universe" theory is just a new fad for the techno-age.



No it not ....... The Holographic Universe has always been part of the string theory,
& the parallel Universes / multiverse theory.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am

event_horizon wrote:
shadowcass wrote:Oh, to answer your question horizon...yes everything is a hologram


That's nice, but it still doesn't answer the question.

The question was whether or not you think the rest of the universe is just a holographic illusion, and we're the only conscious holograms, or if there are millions or billions of other planets with holographic inhabitants, in this "holographic universe"?

Or do you think aliens are actually "demons" sent by "Satan"?

I don't think Buddha is the right one to be referring to on this subject.


The Universe is real ....... we are just not a part of it.

The Universe is what happens when your sleeping ....

You life is just another beings Dreams.

Your a programme within a smart phone .... your a show on another beings T.V.

I tryed to find ..... Futurama Episode 408 - Godfellas. it talkes about this issue.


Family Guy - Second Coming of Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQHm7oItkdA

Family Guy - It's Jesus Christ!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIK3GXdkxL0


Family Guy - Dinner with Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkPgYbdQ1kQ


'The Fourth Kind'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcDN2Q-d-E4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU6jv4WQA2A
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby shadowcass » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 am

Wow. Okay, to begin. The "Hologram" Theory---the idea that the universe is all illusion---is hardly a new one. One finds it (or something very similar) in the ancient teachings of Hinduism. Where "all that we see or seem is but a manifestation of Vishnu's Dream."

I will quote from the writings of the late Joseph Campbell on Hinduism:

"Vishnu is pictured as the divine dreamer of the world dream. Vishnu sleeps on a great serpent, whose name is Ananta, which means "Endless." The serpent floats on the universal ocean, called the Milky Ocean. But this Milky Ocean and the Serpent and the sleeping God: these are all the same thing. They are three inflections of the same thing,, and that thing can be thought of also as the subtle substance that the wind of the mind stirs into action when the universe of all these shifting forms is brought into being. Vishnu, the God, sleeps, and the activity of his mind stuff creates dreams, and we are all his dream: the world is Vishnu's dream. And just as, in your dreams, all the images that you behold and all the people who appear are really manifestations of your own dreaming power, so are we all manifestations of Vishnu's dreaming power. We are no more independent entities than the dream figures in our own dreams.

Hence, we are all one in Vishnu: manifestations, inflections, of this dreaming power of Vishnu; broken images of himself rippling on the spontaneously active surface of his subtle mind stuff. Moreover, this sleeping god's divine dream of the universe is pictured in Indian art as a great lotus plant growing from his navel. The idea is that the dream unfolds like a glorious flower, and that this flower is the energy-or, as the Indians say. the shakti or goddess-of the god. I hope that some of you are recalling the counterparts of some of these images in the Biblical tradition. The waters that are stirred into action when creation takes place are comparable to those of the first verse of the Bible, where it is said that the wind or breath of god blew, or brooded, over the waters.

This metaphor represents the miracle of creation, bringing the world into being as a multiplicity out of the stillness of an unstirred sleep. And the bride of the divine being, coming forth in the Indian myth from the navel of a dreaming god, is drawn in the Biblical myth from the rib of a dreaming man. What was originally one has become two. And how delightful it is to see such an image-reflection of an aspect of one's own being-which was not present to consciousness before, and yet was there, nevertheless! So it is with Vishnu's dream. The god becomes aware of his own power and is delighted by the charms of his own power, as represented in the presence derived from him: the presence of his own dream, which is the universe. Thus, the universe is the dream-bride, or dream-goddess, of God."

It is interesting how the latest theories mirror the teachings of the ancients, isn't it?

Do you want the Hindu Vrsion of the Big Bang Theory?

"Just think, Vishnu sleeps in the cosmic ocean, and the lotus of the universe grows from his navel. On the lotus sits Brahma, the creator. Brahma opens his eyes, and a world comes into being, governed by an Indra. Brahma closes his eyes, and a world goes out of being. The life of a Brahma is 432,000 years. When he dies, the lotus goes back, and another lotus is formed, and another Brahma. Then think of the galaxies beyond galaxies in infinite space, each a lotus, with a Brahma sitting on it, opening his eyes, closing his eyes."

---Joseph Campbell, speaking to Bill Moyers on the progam JOSEPH CAMPBELL AND THE POWER OF MYTH.

Ok...that's my contribution for this time...next?
User avatar
shadowcass
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest