The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Bible ~ spiritually inspired?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby humphreys » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 am

I have heard that quotation from C. S. Lewis dozens of times, and I still think it's shallow and unimaginative. It's typical of the Christian's black and white view of the world.

Madman, conman, or the son of God? Which people ever fall so neatly into a category like that? Take any modern "prophet" or claimed "Messiah", and you'll find they do not fall so neatly into such a box.

This is not to mention the fact he leaves the alternative that perhaps he was inaccurately reported on by the Bible, or that we are misinterpreting his comments.

Anyway, can one not be a conman as well as a great moral teacher? Can one not be a madman yet have great insights into the morality of man?

Lewis needs to open his mind a little, I think!
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby event_horizon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 am

humphreys wrote:
event_horizon wrote:
humphreys wrote:The kind of abduction events shadowcass is talking about involve far more than faster than light travel, though. To highlight just a single example, they are said to communicate telepathically.

Telepathy would seem to fall directly into the realm of the supernatural, at least as far as common scientific knowledge is concerned.

I don't believe these beings have telepathy. I think if you were scared out of your gorge by some creature that clearly had the edge on you, you'd be able to think you could read its mind. For instance if you were in Africa on a safari...and you came across one of the biggest baddest lions, and it started chasing you...you'd know what's on its mind, but I wouldn't call it telepathy. :lol:

I wonder if this is what is really happening with the constant molesting and anal probing of the aliens.

Human being gets captured by alien, falsely reads his mind, panics, and due to watching too many movies thinks the alien is telepathically telling him he's going to get probed.

So, the human instantly gets on the table and whips his pants off.

Then, the alien rolls his eyes at yet another strange sex-obsessed human who insists on getting molested, and merely does it out of courtesy. See, just a big misunderstanding.

:lol:

As far as I know I don't think these abductees are being submissive. They're getting tied down and violated.

Although, if I saw a gorgeous female alien with 3 nice boobies, I might be taking off my clothes. :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 am

qmark wrote:
event_horizon wrote:"Fallen angels" need machines to get around in? :?

I thought the "devil" and his "minions" went around possessing people and were invisible to the human eye...floating through walls in the "spirit realm" and all that. :shock:

Hmmm, "Father of lies". In other words, deception. Whatever it takes to draw someone away from God, whether it is "age of reason" atheism, New Age philosophy, or UFO's, all is good.

None of the above. It's science that has driven me away from your "god".
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby qmark » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Like I said, it's all good. :lol:
qmark

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 pm

qmark,

by event horizon,

As I keep trying to say...science is the new religion among some. The religion to be worshiped.

In Science and other disciplines you do indeed find philosophy and new age thinking. And Politics finances much of science. Thus tainting it with political philosophy of those paying the bills. I will translate that for the learning challanged. Much of science is hijacked by political expediency. By occult religion operating in secret..privily for political purposes as evidenced by the hacking of that enviornmental institute in the UK.

It is enviornmental science which has shut down very fertile fields in California because of a small fish. Thus raising costs to the public for foods. Very interesting to me. Science and politics in bed together against the public need for food.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby qmark » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:45 pm

For me, anything, ANYTHING, that requires a certain set of beliefs is a religion. The only difference is the object of worship.
qmark

Postby humphreys » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Very strange definition of religion you have there then qmark, and, indeed, of worship.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby event_horizon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:qmark,

by event horizon,

As I keep trying to say...science is the new religion among some. The religion to be worshiped.

In Science and other disciplines you do indeed find philosophy and new age thinking. And Politics finances much of science. Thus tainting it with political philosophy of those paying the bills. I will translate that for the learning challanged. Much of science is hijacked by political expediency. By occult religion operating in secret..privily for political purposes as evidenced by the hacking of that enviornmental institute in the UK.

It is enviornmental science which has shut down very fertile fields in California because of a small fish. Thus raising costs to the public for foods. Very interesting to me. Science and politics in bed together against the public need for food.

Thanks,
Orangetom

For starters, I'm not a politician, nor do I subscribe to the left or right side of politics.

I don't meditate, worship, or kneel at an altar of science. I don't wear a chain around my neck with a symbol relating to science. I don't go to a service every week to meet with scientists and talk about science. And I don't believe in an invisible robot watching over me all the time.

I seek truth. If science is the avenue that gives me truth, so be it. But I don't live every day of my life worshipping science. You can babble all day till you're blue in the face, calling science a "religion", if that's what makes you feel better, but...

The definition of religion is:

1. beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
2. system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine
3. personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by

It can't be #1 or #2.

There isn't a scientific set of "beliefs, values, or attitudes" that I live my life by every day, so that rules out #3.

Like I said before...as far as religion is concerned, science has proven the biblical "god" to be false. Science has shown me what NOT to worship...not WHAT to worship. If you still can't understand that, Mr. Simpson, then I can't help you any further.

I'm sure you'll go on yet another meaningless rant about your job and/or life experiences at Wal-Mart or whatever public camps you visit, and that it somehow proves science as being a religion. Whatever dude.
event_horizon

Postby qmark » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 pm

humphreys wrote:Very strange definition of religion you have there then qmark, and, indeed, of worship.

Not really. Everybody worships either the Lord or something else, like science, politics, man, money, or the earth, etc. Anyone who has invested themselves in such things, it has become a religion to them. It is either science that will save them, or politics, or man, or money, or good old mother earth . . .
qmark

Postby humphreys » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:11 am

qmark wrote:
humphreys wrote:Very strange definition of religion you have there then qmark, and, indeed, of worship.

Not really. Everybody worships either the Lord or something else, like science, politics, man, money, or the earth, etc. Anyone who has invested themselves in such things, it has become a religion to them. It is either science that will save them, or politics, or man, or money, or good old mother earth . . .

I do not worship science, and I do not expect it to "save" me. I have no religion. You are really stretching these definitions way beyond their intended meaning when you describe atheists as religious.

I expect to die and then cease to exist, just like you.

A big difference between the atheist and the believer is that the atheist, having not been offered false hope, is perfectly okay and able to accept the reality of the matter.

Religious people have such a great need to level the playing field in this manner, but it's just wrong, qmark.

There is no scientific statement or creed or belief I would die for.

Here's another difference, I can blaspheme agaisnt science without guilt, watch:

The Earth is flat! Evolution is false!

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts