The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Bible and Homosexuality

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm

greeney2 wrote:They have a zero tolerance policy for discriminating like any other American Company.

Ironic that discrimination is decried in one breath and called-for in another breath.

orangetom1999 wrote:
at1with0 wrote:
orangetom1999 wrote:As long as they are not breaking any laws or hurting anyone else it is none of our business and we don't speculate on that.

Then you aren't opposed to same-sex marriages?

I am opposed to it on the grounds that it is confusion. I am not into such confusion.

By that rationale, you would be opposed to normal marriage.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm

at1with0,

By that rationale, you would be opposed to normal marriage.

Not quite sure what you are calling normal marriage/marriages now days...for that too is under alot of confusion.

I know people ..heteros for whom I do not look upon their relationships with favor...because of confusion.

Homos are not that special here.

Although there are others...without giving names...I will give one example.

One fellow ..though he is one of the best mechanics/machinists I have ever seen....both him and his woman are serious drinkers. I think this is an awful standard by which to raise a family.

Don't get me wrong here...I am not against drink. I am against drunkenness...particularly as a career move.

In this light I do not look with favor upon their marriage. But that does not stop them from carrying on so. I do not tell someone else how to conduct themselves on their own time nor spend their monies. That is their business and responsibility. I do not want to know about their financial business nor their sex lives.

I know others for whom I do not look on their relationships with favor..but this will suffice...because of what I call confusion. Others for drugs etc.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DIss0n80r » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:53 pm

The Bible is very clear that homosexuality is an abomination. Christians have no choice but to accept that as fact, or they would be ignoring what God has told them to be true.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby sandra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 am

Hello, I kind of see where everyone is coming from in this discussion and just wanted to add my own little bit.
First of all, there are a lot of people in general (not just what we call Christians) that have associated
with the gay movement for many different reasons. People often have their own initiatives. I agree with humphreys on the basis that there is a lot of hypocracy in mainstream Christian relations with homosexual people, however; that does not mean that there are not individuals who could justifiably oppose further cultivating homosexuality in our societies and governments. I don't care how people want to choose to interpret the word of god within the contexts of biblical scripture but here is the deal- God does not support homosexuality in the same way he does not support relationships of complacency. God supports a continued search in life for all individuals.

You know I was reading through some of freud's work the other day and he was on to things he never seemed to have moved entirely through... One of the greatest psychological and otherwise problems of all time that is imbedded in our cultures and societies, is - No one seems to find innocence in mature love and sex.

It is as if we are all still little children. I do not believe that God disapproves of gay people any more than God disapproves of heterosexual couples that turn their eyes hearts and souls from experiencing life with other people and being open to rolling with changes. We become stagnant people often in personal relationships out of selfishness.

Also included in the debate of being gay as a natural phenomenon; people have argued that because homosexuality in other ecologies exist, that this is just as original as anything. Do we know all of the laws of how and why and what gets spread from one ecology to another? No.

Lets talk about some functionality for a moment. Through the movement of homosexuality, we are seeing a spread of "beliefs". The homosexual communities have given rise to more ideas about love, about acceptance, about individual freedom. Because the issue is centered in the freedom to choose who you want to love, has come some great psychological feats. The idea of freedom in individual sexuality and expression of sexuality as well.

So there are some mental images that have hitched over in our times, that serve important functions. My point in responding is to say- that like all things and all types of human relationships, God supports first a permanency in the willingness to change for the sake of growing love. Most people would look at the culture of the young people in the United States here as very bad in Gods eyes... who said being a little out of control in this world was such a bad thing?
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby humphreys » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:23 am

sandra wrote:I agree with humphreys

I stopped reading after that bit, something about free-love and orgies? Doesn't matter, I concur with your agreement of me.

Very well said.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:28 am

I agree with myself.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:53 am

DIss0n80r wrote:The Bible is very clear that homosexuality is an abomination. Christians have no choice but to accept that as fact, or they would be ignoring what God has told them to be true.

DIss0n80r,

In like manner to many out here you tell only half the story.

The Bible is clear in that it considers more than just Homosexuality to be an abomination. Much more.

Like many out here...you have only one tack in mind..one course..homosexuality...or the flesh. Look further at the Bible...and the nations which surrounded Ancient Israel. Also in the New Testament times the cities where the Christian Churches were to be found. Many of them were cities of great abominatoins of which the Christians were warned not to become a part of this... to be in this world but not of this world.
All of these abominations were of the flesh..not just homosexuality.

This is why this topic is so deceiving and misleading...for many cannont get past this as the holy of holies. It is none of these.

This is also why Amendment One as used or misused by many is so deceiving in that they try to separate the issues under Amendment One into separate categories as if they are not related....when they are in fact related.

Sandra,

God supports first a permanency in the willingness to change for the sake of growing love.

Biblical love is obeying God...

Many places in the Bible it states that God does not change.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby sandra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 am

humphreys wrote:
sandra wrote:I agree with humphreys

I stopped reading after that bit, something about free-love and orgies? Doesn't matter, I concur with your agreement of me.

Very well said.

:angel:
lol humphreys.

(and how did I know Mr. orange would gripe)
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sandra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 am

orangetom1999 wrote:
DIss0n80r wrote:

Sandra,

God supports first a permanency in the willingness to change for the sake of growing love.

Biblical love is obeying God...

Many places in the Bible it states that God does not change.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Everything is "this" or "that" with you! Life is messy!
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby at1with0 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 am

I don't think God, whatever that is, cares how you have sex or with whom. (Rape is a much different story.)

The people who wrote in the Bible that it is an abomination, at best, were divinely inspired yet inserted their own swing on the message into their translation. The author of that line was inserting his own feelings on homosexuality into God's message.

Satan, if there is such, can pretend to be God with 100% accuracy except the moment it tells you a lie. But having heard 1000 truths from this "god," the 1001st statement is a complete falsehood. The prophet's 1001st statement is a suggestion that God cares whether your sex partner has mismatching genitalia from yours.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts