The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Bible and Homosexuality

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby qmark » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:Delphi Technique
It seems to be a going and popular political technique... pertinent to what I sometimes call..the Victim hood or guilt political technique. Making you feel guilty or ashamed for not going along with any trend.
This is going to be very important to Believers and those of independent mind and soul in the future.

Have you ever heard of this Greeny2?? How about you Frostedman or Qmark???

I call it just good old fashioned peer presure, its been around forever. Whether it is used in the play room or the board room, its still the same thing.
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 pm

A good example is the chick-fil-a protesters, and the jerk who video taped the girl in the drive in window, taunting and shaming, berating, ganging up on people one at a time, from the sidewalks and blindsiding them as they stepped out of their cars. Sound familar here?
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:38 am

greeney2 wrote:A good example is the chick-fil-a protesters, and the jerk who video taped the girl in the drive in window, taunting and shaming, berating, ganging up on people one at a time, from the sidewalks and blindsiding them as they stepped out of their cars. Sound familar here?

Greeny2,

As you aptly stated in your last post on the previous page....when first I saw this video...I thought it just plain stupid.
This "Educated, Intelligent , Sophisticated Individual" thought he was breaking bad and teaching us a lesson along with it's accompanying guilt. That this educated cultured intelligent individual was sitting on the only one in town.

I thought it was neither intelligent sophisticated nor educated...but very self serving and vitriolic...also showing poor character to go after a serving woman..and not the manager...or higher up.

It was the same thing with the Kiss a thon or whatever they were supposed to do on that Friday. Very immature and self serving ..and it too backfired.

Now...when I see leadership going along with this kind of nonsense..I quickly see how our leaders too fall in the same category of stupid and they want to make all of us in this manner.

Q mark,

Concerning the Delphi Technique..

I call it just good old fashioned peer presure, its been around forever. Whether it is used in the play room or the board room, its still the same thing.

I have only recently become aware of the Technique...and to my astonishment is is being used in many cities at town hall meetings to give the appearance of public consensus or consent on issues.

This caused me to look closely at election techniques...political rallies as well as the news media for this technique.
It can also a type of bullying ....which politicians and leaders claim to be against...even on local issues.

Although I did not know anything about the Delphi Technique..I have noticed that for people in favor of free speech ...on many college campuses ...they are anything but free speech and have been this way for years now.
Dissenting views are often shouted down so as to never be heard.

In it's own way ..I see the MSM taking this tack today...resulting in the circus we see..tabloid journalism.
So to with leadership/politics.

There is more to it for which I am thinking but this will have to suffice for now.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 am

The man in the car that video taped the server was actually a CEO of some big company or bank, not sure which, however he lost his job over it. Oreilly did a segment about him, and actually thought, becasue we are a society of forgivness, he should get his job back. I totally disagree with him getting his job back for one huge reason. All companies and big corparations have a zero tolerance program for violence, coersion, intimidation, and sexual harrassment. You can not get away with berating a women like this in my company. Not when we were Rockwell Int., Boeing, or Pratt Whitney. We would have been fired over it. And we would have remained fired becasue once you show that kind of thing, the company has a duty to protect all the other workers, and get him out of the work place. God only knows what he is capable of someday if he really snaps.

This was a man trusted to run a large company, acting like a fool, on a very nice young lady.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 pm

greeney2 wrote:The man in the car that video taped the server was actually a CEO of some big company or bank, not sure which, however he lost his job over it. Oreilly did a segment about him, and actually thought, becasue we are a society of forgivness, he should get his job back. I totally disagree with him getting his job back for one huge reason. All companies and big corparations have a zero tolerance program for violence, coersion, intimidation, and sexual harrassment. You can not get away with berating a women like this in my company. Not when we were Rockwell Int., Boeing, or Pratt Whitney. We would have been fired over it. And we would have remained fired becasue once you show that kind of thing, the company has a duty to protect all the other workers, and get him out of the work place. God only knows what he is capable of someday if he really snaps.

This was a man trusted to run a large company, acting like a fool, on a very nice young lady.

I am corrected here Greeny2. I just thought he was some kind of educated fellow with two jobs ranting and raving.

I do admire the woman at the window for keeping her cool and professionalism. Thank you for the correction and update.

My thoughts were that for a person of education this fellow was a total flop. No real thinking going on ..all emoting.

The woman by contrast I found cool and professional. I know many women who would have given him the "Hurricane Blast" if not a cold drink in the face and told him where to go....and of course that famous social symbol or signal.

Hence I admire and respect her ability to stay cool, professional, and not reach for instant gratification as was this ..supposedly educated individual. A significant contrast to be sure.

And yes...if he was a CEO ...this carries substantial responsibility and weight....24/7. Not the type of conduct most would want representing their company in upper management positions.

Thanks for your post Greeny2
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I wonder what happens if the manager at Chick-Fil-A finds out you are a homosexual....
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm

at1with0 wrote:I wonder what happens if the manager at Chick-Fil-A finds out you are a homosexual....

Why don't you go and ask them??

I personally don't think it is anyone's business about your sexuality..

I don't want to know about yours or anyone else's sexuality as it is no one else's business.

A wise person uses discretion ..and in particular about this topic. To declare ones sexuality in the open is akin to telling people your bank balances and account numbers.

A wise person also knows that it is none of their business about someone else's sexuality..not a matter of speculation. Also not to be boasted about or declared on the evening news.

Americans used to have this much intelligence without being told.

I have actually heard older Americans tell others that talking about someone else's business is frowned upon and we just don't to that in this neighborhood. That this topic or speculation is none of our business. I can respect those olde timers for this attitude.
As long as they are not breaking any laws or hurting anyone else it is none of our business and we don't speculate on that.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:59 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:As long as they are not breaking any laws or hurting anyone else it is none of our business and we don't speculate on that.

Then you aren't opposed to same-sex marriages?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 pm

at1with0 wrote:I wonder what happens if the manager at Chick-Fil-A finds out you are a homosexual....

Assuming this was a genuine question and not fooling around!

They have a zero tolerance policy for discriminating like any other American Company. Federal laws have mandated this, and they know there is no shortage of discrimination lawssuits, so they are very careful to comply. That includes abusive behavior twards woman in the work place. Its all covered usually in annual ethics training, at least in my company. They probably train not only managers but every single person, probably has training to fully explain the policies. They are a good company to work for from what I read and hear, and they treat their employees very well. In turn you can see how the server treated this man, who head up a large business as a CEO, and responsible for training his employees NOT TO DO WHAT HE WAS DOING. It cost him his job, and maybe a complete career.

I do not think they would tolerate a manager harrassing or engaging in gender discrimination.

This man in the car, really did something that backfired on himself. Nothing like a self inflicted offence to make a company fire you, that no way is a case you were wrongfully fired. He filmed himself doing it, which gave the company an obligation to get rid of him, or be liable if he did anything to another employee. Kind of like Penn State allowing Sandusky to remain, they are going to pay dealy for that, this place was smart--they got him out the door--Adios! And thats what you do to any manager who finds out you are gay, and does anything to you, to answer your question.

I'd say Chick-fil-a as a company in the fast food industry, may be one of the best in terms of employee benifits and working enviorments.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm

at1with0 wrote:
orangetom1999 wrote:As long as they are not breaking any laws or hurting anyone else it is none of our business and we don't speculate on that.

Then you aren't opposed to same-sex marriages?

I am opposed to it on the grounds that it is confusion. I am not into such confusion.

And same sex marriages are going to work out no better than opposite sex marriages because of this same "Confusion."
I think this is designed and built into the system...by wise men ..sophists...wizards.

However...I also know that because I am opposed to it..does not mean that it is not going to happen.

And if these people are my neighbors ..it is none of my business...as long as they break no laws or hurt anyone else.

I still stand by what I said...to declare ones sexuality openly in public is really dumb. Hetero or homo. And it too is of confusion.

And I know the name of the author of confusion. The god of wise men and wizards...sophists.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts