The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

Terra Australis (Atlantis) - conclusive evidence?

Here, you can discuss the Mayans, Atlantis, the Aztecs and other ancient and lost civilizations.

Postby Aquatank » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Let me do it this way a bit quick and dirty but it should be clear

1) Atlantis was 9000 years before Plato

2) There was a war between Athens and Atlantis (interesting idea for tech level and distance to the "lost continent")

3)
"First of all they bridged over the zones of sea which surrounded the ancient metropolis, making a road to and from the royal palace. And at the very beginning they built the palace in the habitation of the god and of their ancestors, which they continued to ornament in successive generations, every king surpassing the one who went before him to the utmost of his power, until they made the building a marvel to behold for size and for beauty. And beginning from the sea they bored a canal of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet in depth and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the outermost zone, making a passage from the sea up to this, which became a harbour, and leaving an opening sufficient to enable the largest vessels to find ingress. Moreover, they divided at the bridges the zones of land which parted the zones of sea, leaving room for a single trireme to pass out of one zone into another, and they covered over the channels so as to leave a way underneath for the ships; for the banks were raised considerably above the water. Now the largest of the zones into which a passage was cut from the sea was three stadia in breadth, and the zone of land which came next of equal breadth; but the next two zones, the one of water, the other of land, were two stadia, and the one which surrounded the central island was a stadium only in width. The island in which the palace was situated had a diameter of five stadia. All this including the zones and the bridge, which was the sixth part of a stadium in width, they surrounded by a stone wall on every side, placing towers and gates on the bridges where the sea passed in. The stone which was used in the work they quarried from underneath the centre island, and from underneath the zones, on the outer as well as the inner side. One kind was white, another black, and a third red, and as they quarried, they at the same time hollowed out double docks, having roofs formed out of the native rock. Some of their buildings were simple, but in others they put together different stones, varying the colour to please the eye, and to be a natural source of delight. The entire circuit of the wall, which went round the outermost zone, they covered with a coating of brass, and the circuit of the next wall they coated with tin, and the third, which encompassed the citadel, flashed with the red light of orichalcum.

The palaces in the interior of the citadel were constructed on this wise:-in the centre was a holy temple dedicated to Cleito and Poseidon, which remained inaccessible, and was surrounded by an enclosure of gold; this was the spot where the family of the ten princes first saw the light, and thither the people annually brought the fruits of the earth in their season from all the ten portions, to be an offering to each of the ten. Here was Poseidon's own temple which was a stadium in length, and half a stadium in width, and of a proportionate height, having a strange barbaric appearance. All the outside of the temple, with the exception of the pinnacles, they covered with silver, and the pinnacles with gold. In the interior of the temple the roof was of ivory, curiously wrought everywhere with gold and silver and orichalcum; and all the other parts, the walls and pillars and floor, they coated with orichalcum. In the temple they placed statues of gold: there was the god himself standing in a chariot-the charioteer of six winged horses-and of such a size that he touched the roof of the building with his head; around him there were a hundred Nereids riding on dolphins, for such was thought to be the number of them by the men of those days. There were also in the interior of the temple other images which had been dedicated by private persons. And around the temple on the outside were placed statues of gold of all the descendants of the ten kings and of their wives, and there were many other great offerings of kings and of private persons, coming both from the city itself and from the foreign cities over which they held sway. There was an altar too, which in size and workmanship corresponded to this magnificence, and the palaces, in like manner, answered to the greatness of the kingdom and the glory of the temple.

In the next place, they had fountains, one of cold and another of hot water, in gracious plenty flowing; and they were wonderfully adapted for use by reason of the pleasantness and excellence of their waters. They constructed buildings about them and planted suitable trees, also they made cisterns, some open to the heavens, others roofed over, to be used in winter as warm baths; there were the kings' baths, and the baths of private persons, which were kept apart; and there were separate baths for women, and for horses and cattle, and to each of them they gave as much adornment as was suitable. Of the water which ran off they carried some to the grove of Poseidon, where were growing all manner of trees of wonderful height and beauty, owing to the excellence of the soil, while the remainder was conveyed by aqueducts along the bridges to the outer circles; and there were many temples built and dedicated to many gods; also gardens and places of exercise, some for men, and others for horses in both of the two islands formed by the zones; and in the centre of the larger of the two there was set apart a race-course of a stadium in width, and in length allowed to extend all round the island, for horses to race in. Also there were guardhouses at intervals for the guards, the more trusted of whom were appointed-to keep watch in the lesser zone, which was nearer the Acropolis while the most trusted of all had houses given them within the citadel, near the persons of the kings. The docks were full of triremes and naval stores, and all things were quite ready for use. Enough of the plan of the royal palace.

Leaving the palace and passing out across the three you came to a wall which began at the sea and went all round: this was everywhere distant fifty stadia from the largest zone or harbour, and enclosed the whole, the ends meeting at the mouth of the channel which led to the sea. The entire area was densely crowded with habitations; and the canal and the largest of the harbours were full of vessels and merchants coming from all parts, who, from their numbers, kept up a multitudinous sound of human voices, and din and clatter of all sorts night and day.

I will now describe the plain, as it was fashioned by nature and by the labours of many generations of kings through long ages. It was for the most part rectangular and oblong, and where falling out of the straight line followed the circular ditch. The depth, and width, and length of this ditch were incredible, and gave the impression that a work of such extent, in addition to so many others, could never have been artificial. Nevertheless I must say what I was told. It was excavated to the depth of a hundred, feet, and its breadth was a stadium everywhere; it was carried round the whole of the plain, and was ten thousand stadia in length. It received the streams which came down from the mountains, and winding round the plain and meeting at the city, was there let off into the sea. Further inland, likewise, straight canals of a hundred feet in width were cut from it through the plain, and again let off into the ditch leading to the sea: these canals were at intervals of a hundred stadia, and by them they brought down the wood from the mountains to the city, and conveyed the fruits of the earth in ships, cutting transverse passages from one canal into another, and to the city. Twice in the year they gathered the fruits of the earth-in winter having the benefit of the rains of heaven, and in summer the water which the land supplied by introducing streams from the canals.

As to the population, each of the lots in the plain had to find a leader for the men who were fit for military service, and the size of a lot was a square of ten stadia each way, and the total number of all the lots was sixty thousand. And of the inhabitants of the mountains and of the rest of the country there was also a vast multitude, which was distributed among the lots and had leaders assigned to them according to their districts and villages. The leader was required to furnish for the war the sixth portion of a war-chariot, so as to make up a total of ten thousand chariots; also two horses and riders for them, and a pair of chariot-horses without a seat, accompanied by a horseman who could fight on foot carrying a small shield, and having a charioteer who stood behind the man-at-arms to guide the two horses; also, he was bound to furnish two heavy armed soldiers, two slingers, three stone-shooters and three javelin-men, who were light-armed, and four sailors to make up the complement of twelve hundred ships. Such was the military order of the royal city-the order of the other nine governments varied, and it would be wearisome to recount their several differences. "

"
Aquatank
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Midwest USA

Postby rath » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:45 am

Aquatank wrote:Let me do it this way a bit quick and dirty but it should be clear

1) Atlantis was 9000 years before Plato

2) There was a war between Athens and Atlantis (interesting idea for tech level and distance to the "lost continent")

3)
"First of all they bridged over the zones of sea which surrounded the ancient metropolis, making a road to and from the royal palace. And at the very beginning they built the palace in the habitation of the god and of their ancestors, which they continued to ornament in successive generations, every king surpassing the one who went before him to the utmost of his power, until they made the building a marvel to behold for size and for beauty. And beginning from the sea they bored a canal of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet in depth and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the outermost zone, making a passage from the sea up to this, which became a harbour, and leaving an opening sufficient to enable the largest vessels to find ingress. Moreover, they divided at the bridges the zones of land which parted the zones of sea, leaving room for a single trireme to pass out of one zone into another, and they covered over the channels so as to leave a way underneath for the ships; for the banks were raised considerably above the water. Now the largest of the zones into which a passage was cut from the sea was three stadia in breadth, and the zone of land which came next of equal breadth; but the next two zones, the one of water, the other of land, were two stadia, and the one which surrounded the central island was a stadium only in width. The island in which the palace was situated had a diameter of five stadia. All this including the zones and the bridge, which was the sixth part of a stadium in width, they surrounded by a stone wall on every side, placing towers and gates on the bridges where the sea passed in. The stone which was used in the work they quarried from underneath the centre island, and from underneath the zones, on the outer as well as the inner side. One kind was white, another black, and a third red, and as they quarried, they at the same time hollowed out double docks, having roofs formed out of the native rock. Some of their buildings were simple, but in others they put together different stones, varying the colour to please the eye, and to be a natural source of delight. The entire circuit of the wall, which went round the outermost zone, they covered with a coating of brass, and the circuit of the next wall they coated with tin, and the third, which encompassed the citadel, flashed with the red light of orichalcum.

The palaces in the interior of the citadel were constructed on this wise:-in the centre was a holy temple dedicated to Cleito and Poseidon, which remained inaccessible, and was surrounded by an enclosure of gold; this was the spot where the family of the ten princes first saw the light, and thither the people annually brought the fruits of the earth in their season from all the ten portions, to be an offering to each of the ten. Here was Poseidon's own temple which was a stadium in length, and half a stadium in width, and of a proportionate height, having a strange barbaric appearance. All the outside of the temple, with the exception of the pinnacles, they covered with silver, and the pinnacles with gold. In the interior of the temple the roof was of ivory, curiously wrought everywhere with gold and silver and orichalcum; and all the other parts, the walls and pillars and floor, they coated with orichalcum. In the temple they placed statues of gold: there was the god himself standing in a chariot-the charioteer of six winged horses-and of such a size that he touched the roof of the building with his head; around him there were a hundred Nereids riding on dolphins, for such was thought to be the number of them by the men of those days. There were also in the interior of the temple other images which had been dedicated by private persons. And around the temple on the outside were placed statues of gold of all the descendants of the ten kings and of their wives, and there were many other great offerings of kings and of private persons, coming both from the city itself and from the foreign cities over which they held sway. There was an altar too, which in size and workmanship corresponded to this magnificence, and the palaces, in like manner, answered to the greatness of the kingdom and the glory of the temple.

In the next place, they had fountains, one of cold and another of hot water, in gracious plenty flowing; and they were wonderfully adapted for use by reason of the pleasantness and excellence of their waters. They constructed buildings about them and planted suitable trees, also they made cisterns, some open to the heavens, others roofed over, to be used in winter as warm baths; there were the kings' baths, and the baths of private persons, which were kept apart; and there were separate baths for women, and for horses and cattle, and to each of them they gave as much adornment as was suitable. Of the water which ran off they carried some to the grove of Poseidon, where were growing all manner of trees of wonderful height and beauty, owing to the excellence of the soil, while the remainder was conveyed by aqueducts along the bridges to the outer circles; and there were many temples built and dedicated to many gods; also gardens and places of exercise, some for men, and others for horses in both of the two islands formed by the zones; and in the centre of the larger of the two there was set apart a race-course of a stadium in width, and in length allowed to extend all round the island, for horses to race in. Also there were guardhouses at intervals for the guards, the more trusted of whom were appointed-to keep watch in the lesser zone, which was nearer the Acropolis while the most trusted of all had houses given them within the citadel, near the persons of the kings. The docks were full of triremes and naval stores, and all things were quite ready for use. Enough of the plan of the royal palace.

Leaving the palace and passing out across the three you came to a wall which began at the sea and went all round: this was everywhere distant fifty stadia from the largest zone or harbour, and enclosed the whole, the ends meeting at the mouth of the channel which led to the sea. The entire area was densely crowded with habitations; and the canal and the largest of the harbours were full of vessels and merchants coming from all parts, who, from their numbers, kept up a multitudinous sound of human voices, and din and clatter of all sorts night and day.

I will now describe the plain, as it was fashioned by nature and by the labours of many generations of kings through long ages. It was for the most part rectangular and oblong, and where falling out of the straight line followed the circular ditch. The depth, and width, and length of this ditch were incredible, and gave the impression that a work of such extent, in addition to so many others, could never have been artificial. Nevertheless I must say what I was told. It was excavated to the depth of a hundred, feet, and its breadth was a stadium everywhere; it was carried round the whole of the plain, and was ten thousand stadia in length. It received the streams which came down from the mountains, and winding round the plain and meeting at the city, was there let off into the sea. Further inland, likewise, straight canals of a hundred feet in width were cut from it through the plain, and again let off into the ditch leading to the sea: these canals were at intervals of a hundred stadia, and by them they brought down the wood from the mountains to the city, and conveyed the fruits of the earth in ships, cutting transverse passages from one canal into another, and to the city. Twice in the year they gathered the fruits of the earth-in winter having the benefit of the rains of heaven, and in summer the water which the land supplied by introducing streams from the canals.

As to the population, each of the lots in the plain had to find a leader for the men who were fit for military service, and the size of a lot was a square of ten stadia each way, and the total number of all the lots was sixty thousand. And of the inhabitants of the mountains and of the rest of the country there was also a vast multitude, which was distributed among the lots and had leaders assigned to them according to their districts and villages. The leader was required to furnish for the war the sixth portion of a war-chariot, so as to make up a total of ten thousand chariots; also two horses and riders for them, and a pair of chariot-horses without a seat, accompanied by a horseman who could fight on foot carrying a small shield, and having a charioteer who stood behind the man-at-arms to guide the two horses; also, he was bound to furnish two heavy armed soldiers, two slingers, three stone-shooters and three javelin-men, who were light-armed, and four sailors to make up the complement of twelve hundred ships. Such was the military order of the royal city-the order of the other nine governments varied, and it would be wearisome to recount their several differences. "

"




:roll: .......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atlantis was 9000 years before Plato


9000 years before Plato, gosh.

But god made the world only 2000 years ago.

& the world is flat.

& woman have smaller brains then men.

9000 years before Plato.

:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Australian culture goes back between 60 000 years - 3 million years.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Aquatank » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Australian culture goes back between 60 000 years - 3 million years.

That's rather odd considering the modern Homo Sapien species only dates back to around 200,000 years ago and Homo Habilis hadn't even left Africa by 2.2 million years ago. and my understanding is early settlement of Australia didn't occur until almost 48000 years ago.

But Alas, the 9000 year qoute is from the Atlantis source himself, Plato. Like I keep saying the place itself is a fiction, but its inspirations aren't.
Aquatank
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Midwest USA

Postby rath » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Aquatank wrote:
Australian culture goes back between 60 000 years - 3 million years.

That's rather odd considering the modern Homo Sapien species only dates back to around 200,000 years ago and Homo Habilis hadn't even left Africa by 2.2 million years ago. and my understanding is early settlement of Australia didn't occur until almost 48000 years ago.

But Alas, the 9000 year qoute is from the Atlantis source himself, Plato. Like I keep saying the place itself is a fiction, but its inspirations aren't.



See thats why you should READ THE ARTICLES

1. Mungo man found in Australia is the oldest human remains found in the world, mungo man is way older than Lucy who was found in Africa.

&

2. ALL 4 of mt posts are saying the same thing, ........ neither Homo Sapien or Homo Habilis deven come from Africa, but rather from what was once a supper land mass of Australia.

Their saying that the, out of Africa theory is WRONG.

Like the world being flat, ect ect.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Aquatank » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:10 pm

1. Mungo man found in Australia is the oldest human remains found in the world, mungo man is way older than Lucy who was found in Africa.

Uhhh... You need to re-check your research Mungo Man is 40000 yo and is the oldest Modern-human (homo sapiens) remains in Australia.

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

What is being challenged is not that Humanity had its origins in Africa and spread out, but that Homo Sapiens itself spread out from Africa, this challenge is that between the rise of the Sivapithicus 12.5 million BP and modern Humans various subgroups spread out and evolved into Homo sapiens independently much like the evolution that created Homo Neaderthalensis.
Aquatank
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Midwest USA

Postby rath » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 am

Aquatank wrote:
1. Mungo man found in Australia is the oldest human remains found in the world, mungo man is way older than Lucy who was found in Africa.

Uhhh... You need to re-check your research Mungo Man is 40000 yo and is the oldest Modern-human (homo sapiens) remains in Australia.

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

What is being challenged is not that Humanity had its origins in Africa and spread out, but that Homo Sapiens itself spread out from Africa, this challenge is that between the rise of the Sivapithicus 12.5 million BP and modern Humans various subgroups spread out and evolved into Homo sapiens independently much like the evolution that created Homo Neaderthalensis.



As always your like a broken pancil ....... missing the point.


Mungo Man is 40000 yo and is the oldest Modern-human (homo sapiens) remains in Australia.


Lucy is a 3.2 million yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

:roll:

http://cogweb.ucla.edu/ep/Mungo_Man.html


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1108413.stm

Recent lab studies of this type have suggested that our most recent common ancestor lived less than 200,000 years ago in Africa.

But the Australian researchers contend that the DNA sequences isolated from Mungo Man's bones show him to have a genetic lineage that is both older and distinct from this line.



Adam and Eve were Aussies, not Africans most experts on human evolution now believe, as recently completed research claims.

The research, which is about to confound conventional wisdom, presents a new genetic tree showing anatomically modern humanity had common ancestors living in Australia 60,000 years ago.

Conducted by a team led by anthropologist Alan Thorne of Canberra's Australian National University, it also shows Australia was once home to a group of Aboriginal people whose genetic line died out.

The discoveries are based on new analysis of the oldest DNA ever recovered from human remains: a 60,000-year-old skeleton found in 1974 near Lake Mungo in the eastern Australian state of New South Wales.


Yes Muno man died 60.000 years ago.

&

yes .... Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

However the DNA analysis of Mungo Man shows the oldest DNA ever recovered from human remains anywhere in the world.

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia, but Mungo man and Mungo lady DNA lineage is much much older than that found in Lucy.
Last edited by rath on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:50 am

rath wrote:
Aquatank wrote:
1. Mungo man found in Australia is the oldest human remains found in the world, mungo man is way older than Lucy who was found in Africa.

Uhhh... You need to re-check your research Mungo Man is 40000 yo and is the oldest Modern-human (homo sapiens) remains in Australia.

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

What is being challenged is not that Humanity had its origins in Africa and spread out, but that Homo Sapiens itself spread out from Africa, this challenge is that between the rise of the Sivapithicus 12.5 million BP and modern Humans various subgroups spread out and evolved into Homo sapiens independently much like the evolution that created Homo Neaderthalensis.



As always your lie a broken pancil ....... missing the point.


Mungo Man is 40000 yo and is the oldest Modern-human (homo sapiens) remains in Australia.


Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

:roll:

http://cogweb.ucla.edu/ep/Mungo_Man.html


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1108413.stm

Recent lab studies of this type have suggested that our most recent common ancestor lived less than 200,000 years ago in Africa.

But the Australian researchers contend that the DNA sequences isolated from Mungo Man's bones show him to have a genetic lineage that is both older and distinct from this line.



Adam and Eve were Aussies, not Africans most experts on human evolution now believe, as recently completed research claims.

The research, which is about to confound conventional wisdom, presents a new genetic tree showing anatomically modern humanity had common ancestors living in Australia 60,000 years ago.

Conducted by a team led by anthropologist Alan Thorne of Canberra's Australian National University, it also shows Australia was once home to a group of Aboriginal people whose genetic line died out.

The discoveries are based on new analysis of the oldest DNA ever recovered from human remains: a 60,000-year-old skeleton found in 1974 near Lake Mungo in the eastern Australian state of New South Wales.


Yes Muno man died 60.000 years ago.

&

yes .... Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

However the DNA analysis of Mungo Man shows the oldest DNA ever recovered from human remains anywhere in the world.

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia, but Mungo man and Mungo lady DNA lineage is much much older than that found in Lucy.


& Also

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1607

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1609
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby Aquatank » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:42 am

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

Thats not a lie its an oops I meant 3.2 million yo. :o

Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia, but Mungo man and Mungo lady DNA lineage is much much older than that found in Lucy.

That's mitochondrial evidence and all it proves is prolific common ancestors, in this case it means Lucy family wasn't as prolific as Mungo Man's. As for the physical dating of Mungo Mans remains similar old dates in the Americas for evidence are around. A 50000 year old firepit near te Savannah River http://origin.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138907,00.html and 40000 year old footprint 130km south of Mexico City https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/blog/o ... hatter_hum we also know that Homo Erectus spread out all the way to Java & Peking 1 million years ago. How far earlier species spread will depend on archaeological evidence. You might also note this genetic marker and make of it what you will. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8702211

None of these early off topic human populations however point to a 11303yo city state (with canals having overhead bypasses) that was at war with Athens, all they prove is humanity is very wide spread over 40000 years before the alleged war with Athens which itself has only been dated to around 1400 BCE. Atlantis is still a fiction.
Aquatank
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Midwest USA

Postby rath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Aquatank wrote:
Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia.

Thats not a lie its an oops I meant 3.2 million yo. :o



yhe i got that ........ its not like she is only 3 years old.

Aquatank wrote:
Lucy is a 3.2 yo Australopithicus in Ethiopia, but Mungo man and Mungo lady DNA lineage is much much older than that found in Lucy.

That's mitochondrial evidence and all it proves is prolific common ancestors, in this case it means Lucy family wasn't as prolific as Mungo Man's. As for the physical dating of Mungo Mans remains similar old dates in the Americas for evidence are around. A 50000 year old firepit near te Savannah River http://origin.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138907,00.html and 40000 year old footprint 130km south of Mexico City https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/blog/o ... hatter_hum we also know that Homo Erectus spread out all the way to Java & Peking 1 million years ago. How far earlier species spread will depend on archaeological evidence. You might also note this genetic marker and make of it what you will. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8702211

None of these early off topic human populations however point to a 11303yo city state (with canals having overhead bypasses) that was at war with Athens, all they prove is humanity is very wide spread over 40000 years before the alleged war with Athens which itself has only been dated to around 1400 BCE. Atlantis is still a fiction.


whats this meant to prove :lol:

http://origin.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138907,00.html

An East-Asian marker of ancient origin (it was also observed in Australians,


& which one is that. :lol:

there are only hundreds of thousands of DNA markers in the human body.

HOWEVER ................. :D

With Mungo Man!

But the Australian researchers contend that the DNA sequences isolated from Mungo Man's bones show him to have a genetic lineage that is both older and distinct from this line.


The discoveries are based on new analysis of the oldest DNA ever recovered from human remains: a 60,000-year-old skeleton found in 1974 near Lake Mungo in the eastern Australian state of New South Wales.


However the DNA analysis of Mungo Man shows the oldest DNA ever recovered from human remains anywhere in the world.


It also shows Australia was once home to a group of Aboriginal people whose genetic line died out, as the DNA markers are not found in any other humans or any human remains, anywhere else in the world.
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby rath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:41 pm

A 50000 year old firepit near te Savannah River http://origin.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138907,00.html and 40000 year old footprint 130km south of Mexico City https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/blog/o ... hatter_hum we also know that Homo Erectus spread out all the way to Java & Peking 1 million years ago. How far earlier species spread will depend on archaeological evidence.



http://discovermagazine.com/2005/jan/fi ... -australia +========
Image
rath
 
Posts: 4345
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Ancient & Lost Civilizations

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest