The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Sweden to issue int'l warrant for Assange

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 am

International arrest warrant for rape. This man is not a nice person!

Sweden to issue int'l warrant for Assange
Buzz up!39 votes ShareretweetEmailPrint AP – FILE - In this July 27, 2010 file photo, founder and editor of the WikiLeaks website, Julian Assange, …
Slideshow:WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Related Quotes Symbol Price Change
^DJUSS 504.35 +9.60
^IXIC 2,526.04 +50.03
^IXK 1,307.75 +29.72
By MALIN RISING, Associated Press Malin Rising, Associated Press – 1 hr 39 mins ago
STOCKHOLM – Swedish prosecutors said they will seek an international arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange after a court approved their request Thursday to detain him for questioning in a rape case.

The Australian is suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion in an investigation that stems from his encounters with two women during a visit to Sweden in August.

He has denied the allegations and insisted his sexual relations with the women were consensual.

His lawyers lashed out at Swedish investigators Thursday, saying Assange had offered to be questioned before he left Sweden and later in Britain, in person or by phone, videoconferencing, e-mail, or to make a sworn statement.

"All of these offers have been flatly refused by a prosecutor who is abusing her powers by insisting that he return to Sweden," said Mark Stephens, Assange's British lawyer. He added that the allegations were "false and without basis."

Assange, 39, a veteran computer hacker, founded WikiLeaks in 2006 and it has published almost 500,000 secret U.S. documents about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Governments and some of Assange's own colleagues have denounced him for releasing Afghan documents that contained the names of Afghan intelligence sources for NATO forces, saying that could place the sources' lives at risk.

But Assange has urged U.S. authorities to investigate possible human rights abuses by American troops during the two conflicts. He also has complained that he and his group are being targeted and persecuted by intelligence agencies from the United States and elsewhere who are angry over the leaks of the secret military documents.

Director of Public Prosecution Marianne Ny said she sought Thursday's court order to detain Assange because "So far, we have not been able to meet with him to accomplish the interrogation."

After the Stockholm District Court approved her request, she told The Associated Press she would seek Assange's arrest through Interpol. His whereabouts were not immediately known.

Assange had considered setting up a base for WikiLeaks in Sweden, where some of its servers are located, but Swedish immigration authorities denied him a residence permit. Earlier this month, he said he was considering immigrating to Switzerland instead.

Court documents filed by the prosecutor show Assange is suspected of raping and sexually molesting a woman in the town of Enkoping, central Sweden. He's suspected of sexual molestation and unlawful coercion of the second woman, in Stockholm.

A police report obtained by The Associated Press shows that both women had met Assange in connection with a seminar he gave in Stockholm on Aug. 14. The report shows the women filed their complaints together six days later.

Mark Stephens, Assange's lawyer in Britain, said both women have declared that they had "consensual sexual relations" with Assange. "Only after the women became aware of each other's relationships with Mr. Assange did they make their allegations against him," Stephens said in a statement.

Investigators initially disagreed on how to deal with the case.

A Stockholm prosecutor opened a rape investigation on Aug. 20, that was dropped by the city's chief prosecutor a day later. Ny reopened it the following week.

Bjorn Hurtig, a Swedish lawyer who represented Assange at the detention hearing in Stockholm, said he thought the evidence presented by prosecutors was "very meager."

"It's not enough to get him convicted for crime," he said.

Hurtig said he would consider appealing the court order, but that it would require a power of attorney from Assange, whose whereabouts he did not disclose.
greeney2

Postby The_Joker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

But Greeney2 he is innocent .. rath said so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woohahahaha
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby rath » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 am

what ..... they issue another warrant, even tho the 1st failed. :roll:

So .... a set up to catch him an question him on other issues.

This has nothing to do with rape.

They are still claiming they seek him on ((( suspicion of rape. )))

Not even rape, ..... just suspicion of rape.
Last edited by rath on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rath

Postby rath » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 am

The_Joker wrote:But Greeney2 he is innocent .. rath said so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woohahahaha

No i never you american fool.

I said the charges are fake.

fake charges, so its eaiser to catch him an question / kill him.
Last edited by rath on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rath

Postby rath » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 am

SWEDISH police have issued an arrest warrant for the Aussie founder of WikiLeaks, who is wanted on suspicion of rape.

The Stockholm district court on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for Mr Assange, 39, for questioning on "probable cause of suspected rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion" in Sweden in August.

The court order allowed prosecutor Marianne Ny, who had requested Mr Assange's detention, to prepare an international arrest warrant for the head of the whistleblowing website, who is believed to be in Britain.

Ms Ny said on Thursday that arresting Mr Assange was the only way she could be sure of questioning him about the allegations, which he has denied.

Julian Assange's Swedish lawyer, Bjoern Hurtig, on Friday filed an appeal against the arrest warrant court order, but the appeal did not suspend the Swedish order or delay the international warrant.

Mr Assange has been accused of raping one woman in Sweden and sexually molesting another.

He has strongly denied the charges and hinted that they could be part of a "smear campaign" against his whistleblowing WikiLeaks site for publishing classified US documents on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

WikiLeaks last month published an unprecedented 400,000 classified US documents on the Iraq war, and posted 77,000 secret US files on the Afghan conflict in July.
rath

Postby greeney2 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 am

You sure like to defend this scumbag. :roll:
greeney2

Postby rath » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm

greeney2 wrote:You sure like to defend this scumbag. :roll:

No ..... i am fair & will hold my jugment untill i have all the facts with which to form a view, one way or another.

which is more than i can say about you. :roll:
rath

Postby greeney2 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm

No ..... i am fair & will hold my jugment untill i have all the facts with which to form a view, one way or another.

Is that So!!!!!!!!!! How is this holding Judgment? :lol:

What facts do you have at all to say the rape charge is false? :lol: :lol:

what ..... they issue another warrant, even tho the 1st failed.

Does 3 parentethes mean you have formed an opinion suspicion is not valid?

If you are impartial, I'm the Wizard of Oz!
greeney2

Postby Ninor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:20 pm

greeney2 wrote:If you are impartial, I'm the Wizard of Oz!

Hey Wiz, I've heard that Dorothy's been looking for you.
Ninor

Postby rath » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:31 am

greeney2 wrote:

Is that So!!!!!!!!!! How is this holding Judgment? :lol:

What facts do you have at all to say the rape charge is false? :lol: :lol:

what ..... they issue another warrant, even tho the 1st failed.

Does 3 parentethes mean you have formed an opinion suspicion is not valid?

If you are impartial, I'm the Wizard of Oz!

What rape ...... they seek him on suspicion of rape.

if there was a real person who claimed he raped her, the cops would have done a rape kit & there would be an evidance trail.

But they dont seek him on rape charges, just on suspicion of rape.

that like me claiming i have a suspicion that you are cheating on your taxes.

one person having a suspicion' does not make another person a crim.
rath

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts