The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Supreme Court backs Westboro Church in funeral verdict

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm

I think the fact that the despicable Westboro congregation is allowed to do what they do, is one of the major things that separates us from other countries. It wouldn't make me feel sad at all if the Westboro group was rounded up and systematically executed. I say that to make it clear I stand against them with every fiber of my being.

But think of what would happen if the Supreme Court silenced this group. Who knows who the next group to be silenced would be, using that Supreme Court decision as justification. Maybe the next ones are a Tea Party group protesting at an Occupy Wall Street gathering. It's best to allow freedom of assembly and freedom of speech, even at the cost of allowing these Westboro thugs to anger people like they do.

I heard that Robin Williams' daughter was tweeted over and over by horrible people photo-shopping pictures of him hanging from a rope. What is wrong with people? Such brazen, unmitigated evil is so prevalent in society today. Were so many people decades ago, just as twisted but stayed in the shadows because they didn't have an outlet like Twitter and the internet? Or is evil growing. Stuff like these twitter people is no different to me than sociopaths who set cats on fire.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 pm

There's nothing in the constitution that prohibits them to do this crap. If you don't agree, then we need to amend it to prohibit purposeful desecration at funerals.

But if they ever got within shouting distance with a funeral I attend, they are in for it. It would be over for them.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:37 am

Hey At1, how you been? Hope you hang around, and we can get a few threads going again. :D
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:19 am

I've been good. How have you been?
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:33 pm

at1with0 wrote:I've been good. How have you been?

A rather noncommittal answer... wouldn't you say?

I'm glad you're doing ok. I was actually a little worried about you.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:55 am

I've been thinking about you off and on for about a month now. Are you ok?

My marriage is stronger than ever, I just got a new used car, I have published a poem, and I may be a bit closer to an idea regarding a TOE.
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 pm

at1with0 wrote:I've been thinking about you off and on for about a month now. Are you ok?

Yes, doing fine. My wife and I finally got ourselves a house after years of squaring away finances and saving. We are having fun improving it and making it our perfect home.

My marriage is stronger than ever, I just got a new used car, I have published a poem, and I may be a bit closer to an idea regarding a TOE.

Fantastic! Susie? Really? I think that is just great!!!!! I'm very happy for you. And the poem, it's about time you got published. You've got serious talent! What is TOE?
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Theory of Everything, the current holy grail of physics. Yeah, in March we will have been married for 10 years. The deal was too good to be true...ugh, something I have to deal with.

Don't wanna totally derail this thread...if you wish to follow up maybe try at1with0@gmail.com.

Cheers
at1with0

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts