The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

Study linking vaccine to autism was fraud

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 am

Journal: Study linking vaccine to autism was fraud
Buzz up!102 votes ShareretweetEmailPrint– 2 hrs 10 mins ago
LONDON – The first study to link a childhood vaccine to autism was based on doctored information about the children involved, according to a new report on the widely discredited research.

The conclusions of the 1998 paper by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues was renounced by 10 of its 13 authors and later retracted by the medical journal Lancet, where it was published. Still, the suggestion the MMR shot was connected to autism spooked parents worldwide and immunization rates for measles, mumps and rubella have never fully recovered.

A new examination found, by comparing the reported diagnoses in the paper to hospital records, that Wakefield and colleagues altered facts about patients in their study.

The analysis, by British journalist Brian Deer, found that despite the claim in Wakefield's paper that the 12 children studied were normal until they had the MMR shot, five had previously documented developmental problems. Deer also found that all the cases were somehow misrepresented when he compared data from medical records and the children's parents.

Wakefield could not be reached for comment despite repeated calls and requests to the publisher of his recent book, which claims there is a connection between vaccines and autism that has been ignored by the medical establishment. Wakefield now lives in the U.S. where he enjoys a vocal following including celebrity supporters like Jenny McCarthy.

Deer's article was paid for by the Sunday Times of London and Britain's Channel 4 television network. It was published online Thursday in the medical journal, BMJ.

In an accompanying editorial, BMJ editor Fiona Godlee and colleagues called Wakefield's study "an elaborate fraud." They said Wakefield's work in other journals should be examined to see if it should be retracted.

Last May, Wakefield was stripped of his right to practice medicine in Britain. Many other published studies have shown no connection between the MMR vaccination and autism.

But measles has surged since Wakefield's paper was published and there are sporadic outbreaks in Europe and the U.S. In 2008, measles was deemed endemic in England and Wales.

___
greeney2

Postby sandra » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Very interesting greeney, thank you for sharing this article.
As it has always been my belief that vaccines are not the cause
of autism.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby Nesaie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Here's your link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110106/ap_ ... tism_fraud

Now, here is your job, show me the study. Show me the study that this msm article is based on.

But, you won't. There is too much money to be made from vaccines, now the vaccine makers can't even be sued. And the msm is just corporate mouthpieces for PR, AKA PROPAGANDA.

I read your article, now, to be fair, you should find me the ACTUAL STUDY! I've briefly looked, but I can't trust propagandists. I've heard that the father of vaccines (Saulk) recanted his statements, as with Louie Pasteur, but I've never posted it here, because I can't prove it, yet. Now that you've made a claim, prove it!

Hell, you don't even provide a link to your original article. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you post the studies that were used in this msm corporate pr piece, I will actually read them. From the studies I've read, I've actually modified my behavior. That is one of the reasons I don't use microwaves anymore, because I read the government studies. I don't eat processed foods, cause I read the studies...Now, SHOW ME THE MONEY...OOPS show me the bloody study!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:57 am

I'm sure if you are interested to really find out, you would look it up. Last time I provided additional information, you told me I was full of it. :lol:
greeney2

Postby chrisv25 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 am

Nesaie wrote:Here's your link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110106/ap_ ... tism_fraud

Now, here is your job, show me the study. Show me the study that this msm article is based on.

But, you won't. There is too much money to be made from vaccines, now the vaccine makers can't even be sued. And the msm is just corporate mouthpieces for PR, AKA PROPAGANDA.

I read your article, now, to be fair, you should find me the ACTUAL STUDY! I've briefly looked, but I can't trust propagandists. I've heard that the father of vaccines (Saulk) recanted his statements, as with Louie Pasteur, but I've never posted it here, because I can't prove it, yet. Now that you've made a claim, prove it!

Hell, you don't even provide a link to your original article. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you post the studies that were used in this msm corporate pr piece, I will actually read them. From the studies I've read, I've actually modified my behavior. That is one of the reasons I don't use microwaves anymore, because I read the government studies. I don't eat processed foods, cause I read the studies...Now, SHOW ME THE MONEY...OOPS show me the bloody study!

the research paper was proved to have fallacies in it by investigative reporter Brian Deer. The British medical journal was the first scientific organization that said the paper should be thrown out because of inconsistent and false data.

here is the link http://briandeer.com/mmr/lancet-summary.htm

There is no research paper disputing the claims. Only a legislative decision that the data was inaccurate.

as a matter of fact the paper is cited by over 7000 other research papers I wonder how this going to effect the medical research community.
chrisv25

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

want to add..I don't know what causes autism..I have studied this stuff A-LOT..it is obvious there is an environmental cause/trigger, though. (I think it's a mix of genes and whatever it is in the environment..something)

I still do not rule out vaccines..and do believe there are some nefarous governmental reasons to totally discredit Wakefield (even though other studies HAVE suggested a link to at least, some neurological and/or immunal damage done to some, more prone children/individuals by vaccines and the insane, IMO, vaccine schedule these days)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:32 pm

hmm...
just came across this..some book coming out soon
The Vaccine Epidemic
http://www.vaccineepidemic.com/
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby Nesaie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Try some of these:

http://us2.startpage.com/do/metasearch.pl?

This is a search I did for graphs on vaccines.

http://vicskeptics.wordpress.com/2010/1 ... ax-graphs/

This is a provaccine site talking about "moot" points (AKA debatable) But, you may be able to find the original graphs I was looking for. I've posted them several times here...but alas...I'm American...I get bored quickly. I leave it to you to do the reasearch. 8-)

Ah heck, I'm be honest, I'm just drunk. ;) Maybe I'll look into more info later. In the mean time, see whats out there.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 am

evidence has emerged showing that Wakefield is NOT a fraud and his study on the link between the MMR Autism and Leaky Bowel Syndrome is valid
http://www.naturalnews.com/031116_Dr_An ... urnal.html
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Next

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts