The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Spammers again!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:00 am

Looks like we got hit again by another one from Austria as you can all see in every forum. I emailed John, but he will not be home until later. He went up the coast overnight so isn;t home to see it right now. I'm sure sunday night when he is home he will take care of it.
greeney2

Postby 3dvd » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:18 am

That's not spam, it's just cole....oh, that spam! :D
3dvd

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Maybe someone can explain to me what the purpose of these kind of spams are??? i don;t get it to be honest! when you click on it, it contains 50 -100 titles of things, some highlight and some don't, and he has many of these posts in every catagory. How and what does it get whoever is taking the time to post them? I don; t understand what they are for. I could understand someone posting to sell some kind of individual product, but I don;t get what this is all about.
greeney2

Postby chiselray » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 pm

This is not good,this spammer has got more posts up than anyone else here

What else can we do i wonder :geek:
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 pm

greeney2 wrote:Maybe someone can explain to me what the purpose of these kind of spams are??? i don;t get it to be honest! when you click on it, it contains 50 -100 titles of things, some highlight and some don't, and he has many of these posts in every catagory. How and what does it get whoever is taking the time to post them? I don; t understand what they are for. I could understand someone posting to sell some kind of individual product, but I don;t get what this is all about.

This is done by a program, accessing the internet and inputing whatever it's been programmed to say, that's why there are so many, and they are so random.

If there is actually a person here spamming I would be very surprised, they definitely have the same feel bots.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby chiselray » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:02 pm

greeney2 wrote:Maybe someone can explain to me what the purpose of these kind of spams are??? i don;t get it to be honest! when you click on it, it contains 50 -100 titles of things, some highlight and some don't, and he has many of these posts in every catagory. How and what does it get whoever is taking the time to post them? I don; t understand what they are for. I could understand someone posting to sell some kind of individual product, but I don;t get what this is all about.

Its just those damn bots doing it..I think it's more just to be a pain in the ass than any real reason to set them of on their way doing this stuff..some people get off on it.
If you hit a link you might even cop a few cookies i guess which may cause some probs later on.
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Well, bots can be employed like this for a plethora of seeminly random and pointless reasons that few would think of. They're almost certainly here for a reason, the links that they list, someone from one or more of those linked sites has probably made the bot is simply using it to get his websites, and those of his associates or friends, out there for people to maybe stumble upon it.

That'd be my first guess, and that's probably what it is.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:29 pm

John must be home since all is now deleted and gone.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Ones gone and another one comes. This one says from Canada about windows.
greeney2

Postby chiselray » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 am

greeney2 wrote:Ones gone and another one comes.

Like my bills !
chiselray

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts