The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

Roswell Incident Part 2

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby GaryJones » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 am

Want to Solve the Roswell UFO Mystery?

Simple – Explain Blanchard’s Press Release

The other day I watched an 8-minute YouTube video entitled ‘Larry King Live on UFOs’ from July 2007. Looking smug as always, everyone’s favorite UFO buffoon Stan Friedman was seated beside Jesse Marcel Jr. and hammering away at Larry, explaining the United States Army Air Force cover-up of the 1947 Roswell Incident.

As usual, Stan was vague about why the Air Force covered it up and how they handled it.

Then I realized if the Army Air Force (specifically Colonel Blanchard, Roswell’s base commander) hadn’t issued the flying saucer press release in the first place, if they’d handled their affairs in the usual military fashion, they wouldn’t have had to cover-up anything. So, the question Larry should’ve asked ol’ Stan was ‘why did Blanchard risk the Air Force’s reputation and national security to issue his controversial press release’.

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Is there a ufologist anywhere out there who can answer that question with a logical explanation? For all my research, I’ve haven’t found one ufologist who tackles that question because, for them, there’s only one bad answer—that Blanchard issued the press release because Major Jesse Marcel Sr. found a flying saucer.

Why is that a Bad Answer?

Simple. We’ve all heard how Russia purchased America’s atomic secrets in the 1940’s from agents and spies—so how hard would it have been for them to steal technical secrets gleaned from a crashed flying saucer? It would have taken America time (most likely years) to exploit the advanced technology, but we’re talking about technology that could’ve made us a dominate force on Earth and in nearby solar systems for decades or centuries to come.

Consequently, if Marcel had really recovered a flying saucer, Blanchard’s press release might well have been the most treasonous act in history.

The other problem with the ufologists’ bad answer is it would trigger another tricky question they want no part of—why then did General Ramey publicly humiliate Marcel at the Texas press conference later that day if Marcel actually recovered the wondrous technology for the Air Force to exploit?

I sifted through the Air Force’s 1995 Roswell Report for any explanation as to why the Air Force issued the press release, but all I found (on page 47) was a suggestion that Colonel Blanchard and Major Marcel ‘overreacted’. I found no other reference to the press release.

Since I don’t believe Marcel recovered a flying saucer and I don’t believe Blanchard and Marcel simply overreacted, I probed the question of why Blanchard issued his press release from the angle that Air Force Command, and he in particular, were competent. Based on those criteria, the only sensible scenario is that Blanchard’s flying saucer story and General Ramey’s weather balloon story were both approved cover-stories.

That scenario could also explain why former Major Marcel 'told and sold' his flying saucer story 31 years later with impunity. Ufologists contend he was free to tell everyone he really recovered a flying saucer even though the Air Force denied he did because he didn’t have a pension for the Air Force to revoke. Marcel had resigned his commission as an Air Force major after less than 10 years of military service.

However, if Marcel or any former soldier started divulging top-secret or classified military information to the public, I contend they could be imprisoned, or worse.

NOTE: The Washington Post published a story entitled Air Force Intelligence Joins Search for Flying Saucers, quoting, among others, an unnamed Army Air Force source. The story mentioned a reward, and it supported Roswell Army Air Field’s flying saucer press release of that same day. Coincidence? I doubt it.
Source: The Washington Post, 08 July 1947

Why did the Army Air Force need Cover-Stories?

In 1947, the United States Army Air Force faced 4 major problems.

1. Russia was rattling its sabers in East Berlin and only 2 years away from perfecting its own atomic bombs
2. Demobilization of the military after World War II stood to make the United States Army Air Force less powerful
3. They were losing high-flying Mogul balloons and the payloads of experimental acoustical equipment intended to eavesdrop on the progress of Russia’s atomic bomb and ballistic missile programs—finding them was crucial
4. But the Air Force’s biggest concern was winning their independence from the Army at a time of military cost-cutting, consolidation and shrinking budgets

Consequently, since national security usually takes precedence over budgetary concerns, the notion that flying saucers were real gave the Air Force a potentially powerful new enemy and a credible threat to help justify their existence, their expansion, and even their separation from Army control.

And it seems those cover-stories worked. Despite their apparent 'overreaction', less than three weeks after the scandalous press release that should have delayed or derailed the Air Force’s chance for autonomy, President Truman separated America’s Army Air Force into a separate and equal arm of the military. It meant instant and significant promotions for the top USAF officers, many of whom had been appointed or lobbied for by Truman.
GaryJones

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 am

I have a few issues with what you are saying regarding your problems list.

For number 1, that was future knowledge in 1947 and would not factor into any decision making. The US didn't know about the Soviet nuclear program at that time. And I don't believe the Mogul balloons existed until after the first Soviet nuclear test. Why would you be monitoring a program you didn't know existed?

For number 2, I posited a similar idea here once and got hammered by the UFO crowd. I merely suggested it as a possibility but that sent shock waves because I implied that people were trying to keep their job and the UFO story was their resume.

For number 3, see my response to number 1. In addition, I don't think the base at Roswell would have been in the know about any Soviet nuclear program.

For number 4, well this goes along with number 2, people looking to save their job or get a new one. But I don't believe the Air Force had anything to worry about as far as being consolidated. The Air Force and the Army are fundamentally different things.

Keep in mind that if you are running secret projects at base A and you tell the enemy that you have a flying saucer at base B, the enemy will concentrate all their energy on base B, and leave base A alone.

In my analysis of UFO stories I always apply the following question, has the story grown over time? Did the story start out simple and then sprout wings and take off? Does testimony change and get more elaborate over time? When I apply that to the Roswell story, well, it doesn't look good. This story has sprouted JATOs and blasted into outer space!

There are fantastic UFO stories out there that have not changed one iota in more than 30 years and the witnesses have stuck to their original story. Those are the stories I believe.
CodeBlackv2

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts