The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Ronald Reagan dedicates the Space Shuttle Columbia to the Ta

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby zoltan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:33 am

Only in America

Ronald Reagan dedicates the Space Shuttle Columbia to the Taliban

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZ-ToXj ... r_embedded
zoltan2

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 am

Thats right, only in America! do we let jerks from any country post things that are not true, and do not censor them. Reagan did not dedicate anything to the Taliban, he dedicated one launch to the Afganistan people if you listen, and listen to the reason why. But thanks again for showing what trash you post, and claim its the truth with anti american propaganda.
greeney2

Postby zoltan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am

greeney2 wrote:Thats right, only in America! do we let jerks from any country post things that are not true, and do not censor them. Reagan did not dedicate anything to the Taliban, he dedicated one launch to the Afganistan people if you listen, and listen to the reason why. But thanks again for showing what trash you post, and claim its the truth with anti american propaganda.

woof woof
zoltan2

Postby capricorn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Reagan does directly dedicate the shuttle to the people of Afghanistan, however it is in context of the resistance. The resistance at the time were the "freedom fighters" or the mujahideen. The mujahideen were significantly financed, armed and trained by the United States Central Intelligence Agency during the administrations of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, and also by Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran. This gave rise to the Taliban since we trained an funded Osama Bin Laden as part of this campaign.

Zoltan2 is not completely wrong in his statement. Although the title of this thread might have been better phrased as "Ronald Reagan dedicates the Space Shuttle to the Taliban's parent organization" or "Ronald Reagan and a little bit 'o propaganda".

I for one like some of Zoltans trash.. as they say, one mans trash is another mans treasure.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:09 pm

That was an acurate discription of what it was Capicorn, becasue of the Russian invasion of Afganistan. I;m glad you agree that the title of his post, was improper, that can only be regarded as Anti american propaganda.

As far as zoltans other trash, I have discussed several of them. Forinstance the three different senerios of the pentagon, each one showing a different aircraft. Total fabrications, are those some of his trash you like or just think they are trash?
greeney2

Postby zoltan2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 am

capricorn wrote:Reagan does directly dedicate the shuttle to the people of Afghanistan, however it is in context of the resistance. The resistance at the time were the "freedom fighters" or the mujahideen. The mujahideen were significantly financed, armed and trained by the United States Central Intelligence Agency during the administrations of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, and also by Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran. This gave rise to the Taliban since we trained an funded Osama Bin Laden as part of this campaign.

Zoltan2 is not completely wrong in his statement. Although the title of this thread might have been better phrased as "Ronald Reagan dedicates the Space Shuttle to the Taliban's parent organization" or "Ronald Reagan and a little bit 'o propaganda".

I for one like some of Zoltans trash.. as they say, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Thanks for clearing this up. Glad I am posting things of interest to some.
zoltan2

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:36 am

He just pointed out you lied about the characterization of Reagan. :lol:
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:09 pm

With all due respect greeney, I dont think what zoltan said was a lie. His subject line is (in retrospect) analogous to the what was really occurring at the time.

I cannot speak on behalf of most his other posts because I have not read them all. But in regards to this post, what zoltan points out is that the agenda of the US government changes according to their own interests. One decade we are praising the afghans as examples of the struggle for freedom, and the next we are declaring war on them. The hypocrisy is obvious.
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 pm

And when we helped them it was for a purpose of defending the invasion of Russia, along with other countries, not just the USA. I'm not sure what agenda we had after Afganistans Taliban, with Bin Laden flew planes into our buildings killing 3000 people, worse than the attack on Pearl Harbor. Maybe you are one who believes 19 terrorists never existed, and that it was all done by GWB.

Our agenda was for them to hand over Bin Laden and they refused. Again and again and again, so they were invaded. I'm not exactly sure how our agenda was forced on them, as all they had to do was hand over Bin Laden. They protected and harbored him, defied the USA and UN, and a colition of many countries. I also don't know how our agenda is responsible for a Taliban rechime, that kept woman and children oppressed like it was the dark ages. Public executions of women in a soccer stadium, for having a televison.
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:14 am

And when we helped them it was for a purpose of defending the invasion of Russia, along with other countries, not just the USA

You are correct; the US was not the only country involved in supporting the mujahideeen rebels, but we led the war effort. Our interest was not in helping protect the lives of the rebels, it was to promote capitalism and stomp out communism. We didn't care much for the freedom fighter as much for our own personal interests and agendas.

Our agenda was for them to hand over Bin Laden and they refused. Again and again and again, so they were invaded. I'm not exactly sure how our agenda was forced on them, as all they had to do was hand over Bin Laden.

But if you believe the official story they didn't have Bin Laden, Pakistan did. Kinda like Iraq.. they didn't have weapons of mass destruction... oops!

I also don't know how our agenda is responsible for a Taliban rechime, that kept woman and children oppressed like it was the dark ages. Public executions of women in a soccer stadium, for having a televison.

Maybe because the country was caught in the middle of a political battle (cold war) in which two superpowers flexed their muscles at the expense of 2 million afghan deaths and 3 million displaced people. Not to mention the millions that became disabled as well as the million that fled to neighboring countries.
Maybe it was due to the stupidity of the geneva accords which pretty much left no plan for the future occupation of Afghanistan or for future governance. Once the soviets withdrew, our interest in the freedom fighter's well-being ceased. We didn't help in the rebuilding of a completely decimated nation. We just handed responsibility over to other corrupt nations which took advantage of the situation, built up strong relations with war lords, and eventually gave rise to the Taliban.
capricorn

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts