The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Religious Freaks

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Jaack » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Tairaa wrote:
Jaack wrote:There's nothing in Christianity that tells people to behave this way. That is their personal choice. Sad, sick, disgusting choices but their own nonetheless.

I HATE ppl who cannot tell the difference.

I don't recall anyone saying that it's something in Christianity... In fact, I am pretty sure that Cole, again, said exactly the opposite.

It is the individual, not the person. For some reason however, a lot of people that are like that, are religious because it helps them to cope? I dunno. That was the point, not that Christianity is evil. Lol at misinterpretation.

Did I write or say Cole?

I wrote that I hate ppl who cannot tell the difference.
What?
Jaack

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Jaack is 100% correct, my thoughts about the religious Freaks that is. Surely all religious people are not freaks," I SAID THAT INITIALLY " it's just that the ones who commit these kinds of terrible crimes , when and where Religion is mentioned or involved, WELL THEY usually turn out being Freaks of some sort.

Did anyone see her in court today? The judge allowed a Medication Evaluation motion today, she's already had one.

you still have not established that this woman is indicative of what overly religious person are capable of any more than non-religious persons are capable of

We can start another thread and name it " None overly religious Freaks " or " No Religion, no Job, No life Freaks "

It's very very obvious that the course of conversation always seems to be interrupted by confused thoughts, a muddying of the waters if you will.

I'm sure right now somewhere within these boarders, some NONE CHURCH GOING MAN or WOMAN is engaged in what a sane person would deem to be " FREAKISH BEHAVIOR " That's a horse of a different color.

My point is that~~~Most ridiculously over Religious people are challenged in some way, shape, or form~~ NOT ALL~~~~~BUT SURELY MOST The list of people led astray by the cloth/book is too great to list.

I can speak to this with examples of past experience: That said I am in no way saying that religious people are Freaks. If it gives one peace and comfort to believe, then by all means hit your knees!

Court exhibit above, the great man of God Warren " THE FREAK " Jeffs

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Tairaa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Jaack wrote:
Tairaa wrote:
Jaack wrote:There's nothing in Christianity that tells people to behave this way. That is their personal choice. Sad, sick, disgusting choices but their own nonetheless.

I HATE ppl who cannot tell the difference.

I don't recall anyone saying that it's something in Christianity... In fact, I am pretty sure that Cole, again, said exactly the opposite.

It is the individual, not the person. For some reason however, a lot of people that are like that, are religious because it helps them to cope? I dunno. That was the point, not that Christianity is evil. Lol at misinterpretation.

Did I write or say Cole?

I wrote that I hate ppl who cannot tell the difference.

My bad then, I assumed since you brought it up it was in comment to someone.. Of which Cole seemed the only possible candidate.

I wouldn't 'hate' someone for not being able to tell the difference personally, I feel that's a bit judgemental, too each his own, if one wants to live their lives ignorant, so be it.

You know what kind of people that I really do dispize though? Religious people, not fanatics or freaks, just religious people, that don't understand the concept of freedom of religion. People who impose their religious laws on others, those are the people I feel are more deserving of 'hate'.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Yes, Saturos, true, but IMO a religious fanatic is something to fear more then a non-religious fanatic, statistically.

There isn't a warrior to fear more then one who has no fear of death.

There is no fanatic to fear more then one who believes with every fibre of his being that what he is doing is right and he will be rewarded for it.

True, since their faith is the one thing that makes them more dangerous, yup you´re right. :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby jaydeehess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:00 pm

My point is that~~~Most ridiculously over Religious people are challenged in some way, shape, or form~~ NOT ALL~~~~~BUT SURELY MOST The list of people led astray by the cloth/book is too great to list.

I can speak to this with examples of past experience: That said I am in no way saying that religious people are Freaks. If it gives one peace and comfort to believe, then by all means hit your knees!

OK, I grant you everything you said in that post. I certainly did not see that sentiment expressed in the OP, only a small disclaimer and it being followed immediatly by the story of this heinous crime it certainly looked like you were connecting the two.

Perhaps I am just a little leery of such associations ever since the previous administration would spout off about ' the people who carried out the attacks of 911' and then immediatly start talking about how bad the Iraqi regime was. They never actually stated that Hussein was involved with those attacks but you knew that the association was implied. In similar fashion you spoke of crazy religious people, then a small disclaimer, then an example of pure evil crazy.

Now I must be clear here that I in no way shape, or form would say that you are a fan of the past admin, but I'll bet that my previous paragraph has some thinking that I was saying such a thing. I meant it as an ironic example of exactly the type of association confusion that arises from putting two lines of thought in close proximity.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, Jeffs, Karesh, Jones, Raelians, Moonies, Scientologists etc., etc., etc., are all loons, and they are just the ones who are big enough or make a big enough news slpash to be recognized. In the past I, one time only, attended a service in a church that a business aquaintence went to. It was, on the outside, a similar church to the Baptist one I belonged to at the time, until they started talking in tongues :o That was waaaay to much for me and I know that is on the low end of Bat $hit crazy.

I also was asked once, while walking down a street in Montreal, if I'd be interested in filling out a questionaire about life. I was 18 at the time and and with no where in particular to go so I said yes. The 'questionaire was 10 pages long or more and afterwards I was asked to wait just a few minutes and they would let me know what the evaluation was. Already peeved at it taking so long I still said OK and lo and behold all the 'problems' in my life that were revealed in the questionaire could be answered if I just bought "Dianetics" and "maybe I'd like to attend a retreat next weekend?". Umm, NO! My easy out was that I was just visiting Montreal anyway, I lived 1000 miles west and would not be anywhere near these loons "next weekend".

I also had Hare Krishna's try to barter some of their literature (a glossy magazine) for gas, when I was a 16 year old pump jockey, and I was followed for a few feet in an airport by a Larouche nut trying to talk fast enough to get his idiocy out before I got too far away.

Om the other hand I have never had personal cause to be scared of these people like I was scared of the guy at the next table one night in a bar. (before my taking up with the Baptists)His girlfriend bumped into my friend and she spilled her beer a bit. She would not let it alone and her boyfriend was big! About 6'6" and easily 300 pounds. Things were getting dicey so we were going to quietly leave when a fight broke out directly on the other side of the room. Her boyfriend stands up (now we are thinking "oh-oh") , then he says , while pointing accross the room, "that's my friend" and proceeds to move in that direction (and away from us). DIRECTLY in that direction, throwing tables and occupied chairs out of his way and proceeds to take care of the two guys that are beating on his friend. We saw the chance and left, quickly.
Point is there are more like him than there are religious freaks
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:59 am

Perhaps you are correct with you thought, only each are a Dime a dozen. Fear isn't part of the equation in my opinion, especially where the Religious folks are concerned, the other guy however, is usually Drunk. You made a wish choice in leaving, never mind the fear aspect, the court appearance, police reports, and attorneys fees are just not worth it.

I used to run around with a few friends who would have had that guy for breakfast and then leave with his girlfriend, who would return later just to throw rocks at the guy. :lol:

I saw a guy like that get hospitalized one night back in the day ( MY YOUTH that is. Even they sometimes refuse to accept the fact that there is always someone badder, bigger, stronger, more skilled. Usually their beer goggles cloud their judgments and make way for serious pain.

Speaking of which: I had an embarrassing experience recently, in a bar that involved my wife and a punk wannabe man from her past. It was easily the most uncomfortable experience I've had in years. I'd tell it but it's personal and I was lucky to keep it private accept for those involved and those who saw it all come down.

Thank God for the off duty Cop working the door, a guy I just happened to know, or I'd be more famous than I ever care to be. :D

I went to school in Lexington for kicks we used to go to revivals and watch the devotes dance with the snakes. :shock: :shock: They store them in old Whiskey barrels. When it comes to those folks I'd take the 6'6" Drunk dude every day and twice on Sunday's :shock:
SCARY STUFF!

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby jaydeehess » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Your friends would have had to like obnoxious fat chicks to go off with the girlfriend :mrgreen:

,and yeah I had friends back in the day who could have at least held their own with this guy.
I was never one of those though. We can't all be over 6 foot.
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Height definitely helps. I don't really like going up against guys that are taller then me. But I'm short... Soo....
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:09 am

Your friends would have had to like obnoxious fat chicks to go off with the girlfriend :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking in the hypothetical sense for sure: :lol: :lol: I still dabble a bit in the arts, only nothing like I used to. My skills have diminished so that I'm more of a sounding board than instructor these days. I've recently suffered a fairly bad injury and am dragging my feet about the re-hab. It sux.

Most difficult for me was/is always the 5'8" 5' 10" 200-210 lb'ers. I loved to send one in against a big guy, the properly trained little guy would usually make quick work of the big guy, yep there's always an exception and they can come along at anytime, usually when you least expect it. Something learned along the way :o

Tip: If you must, always without exception, Stay on your feet in certain circumstance going to the ground can prove fatal. It's exactly why properly trained LE's take a wide stance during any possible confrontation. Being 6'6" tall in that situation is a distinct disadvantage, unless of course you're 265-270 lbs. :shock:

It's best to walk away, always if possible, walk the heck away.

I can't think of much worse than a drunk heavy weight. :shock:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Tairaa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am

Well the walk option is obviously the best in a real life situation, but when I say 'fight' I mean an organized fight, not a random street fight.
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts