The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Religious Freaks

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby jaydeehess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Cole_Trickle wrote:

This is not a testimony against all religious people. I stated that in my post. But I have to tell you that I've worked with people from all walks of life, and I know people from all walks of life like the back of my hand. Most very religious people are damaged goods in one way or another, this CAN'T BE DENIED. Every single solitary person I've ever known personally who was DEVOTE to the point of ridiculous has/had issues. These issues run the entire spectrum of all one could ever imagine.

Oh how I hate them so, hate being a strong word but it is what it is and I can think of no other word that best describes my feeling about a select few ( minority ) of the very, overly religious individual that can be classified as a FREAK:

EXAMPLE:

Calif. Sunday school teacher booked in child death

You specifically included her as an example of what very religious people are all about.

Greeny 2 asked you what her religion has to do with what she did? You haven't answered that question Cole.

Are you stating that "very, overly religious" means the person is a danger to society?
If so please define more specifically what "very, overly religious" means.

My former church was a fundementalist Christian church. They believed that the Bible was the literal word of God. That the hands of the human authors were specifically guided by God himself. I had many problems with that. That's why I left. Did my leaving save me from becoming a homicidal pedophile?
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby Questioner101 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 pm

You can't beat this for "religious freeky.."

It's the Texas FLDS temple bed....
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:13 pm

jaydeehess wrote:
Cole_Trickle wrote:

This is not a testimony against all religious people. I stated that in my post. But I have to tell you that I've worked with people from all walks of life, and I know people from all walks of life like the back of my hand. Most very religious people are damaged goods in one way or another, this CAN'T BE DENIED. Every single solitary person I've ever known personally who was DEVOTE to the point of ridiculous has/had issues. These issues run the entire spectrum of all one could ever imagine.

Oh how I hate them so, hate being a strong word but it is what it is and I can think of no other word that best describes my feeling about a select few ( minority ) of the very, overly religious individual that can be classified as a FREAK:

EXAMPLE:

Calif. Sunday school teacher booked in child death

You specifically included her as an example of what very religious people are all about.

Greeny 2 asked you what her religion has to do with what she did? You haven't answered that question Cole.

Are you stating that "very, overly religious" means the person is a danger to society?
If so please define more specifically what "very, overly religious" means.

My former church was a fundementalist Christian church. They believed that the Bible was the literal word of God. That the hands of the human authors were specifically guided by God himself. I had many problems with that. That's why I left. Did my leaving save me from becoming a homicidal pedophile?

Most overly religious people have some sort of issue, mostly something in their past that they are running from which usually turns them to a brand of faith as a means of coping. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that if that's that person's cup of tea. But having a holier than thou attitude simply because they believe something is just stupid, most have a strange aura about them.

This chick is obviously mentally challenged~~" Is than an issues her religious ambitions were unable to combat? Who knows, so far the LE have no motive, which speaks to a Religious nut doing what~~a thrill kill, usually they hear voices, or starve their kids, or deny medical treatment. These are the one's I'm speaking of.

I'm speaking " OVERLY RELIGIOUS " My way or the HWY STUFF. Most of these people are NUTS!~~

Would you say that a Priest is overly religious? Or only the ones who diddle little boys and later find themselves in Alaska surrounded by Eskimo's! :shock:

Speaking of Fundamentalists: How about this one!

May God Damn You To Hell if You Call Us Either Fanatics or Fundamentalists

Friends, there comes a time for all rich, high-profile conservative Christian organizations -- whether they be Focus on the Family, American Family Association or the Lord's own place of worship, Landover Baptist Church -- when they must listen carefully to the One Voice they always ultimately turn to for guidance in times of trouble. I am, of course, talking about expensive secular public relations consultants. And each of the focus groups we have marshaled (except for one full of yapping camel-jockeys in Islamabad) has been telling us we need to disassociate ourselves from a word we love and hold dear -- "fundamentalist." You see, that word is now being used to describe Muslims, who also believe in following a book without question. But the difference is that those Muslim folks are crazy. They do everything in the name of some imaginary fellow called Allah living in the sky! We, on the other hand, only do stuff for Jesus.

And the very best part`~

Because of this confusion, like other members of the Southern Baptist Convention, Lanhttp://community.theblackvault.com/p ... 1029#dover Baptist Church will discontinue using the word "fundamentalist" since it is a word associated with religious fanatics who believe they are the only ones who have God's blessing or act according to His wishes. (Well, I mean the ones overseas.) Therefore, a word that has come to mean religious extremism and a misguided delusion of a proprietary insight into the mind of a divinity shall no longer be used to describe our inerrant beliefs that come directly from God's lips

Now is this MO-FO Batshit Krazy or am I missing something

After all, most American Christians pose no threat to the safety of their fellow citizens. Now, that doesn't mean I'm advocating standing too close to an abortion clinic folks! If you are a gayboy or a babykiller, then you are still fair game

Fair game indeed :lol: :lol: Simply freaking nuts.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1001 ... lists.html

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Most overly religious people have some sort of issue, mostly something in their past that they are running from which usually turns them to a brand of faith as a means of coping.

I could say the same thing about non-religious people having issues from their past, and turning the drugs or drinking to cope. Or excessive compulsive disorders like overeating, spending, cleaning, smoking, rage, fears or all kinds, crimes of all kinds, lying, cheating, stealing.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:59 pm

[quote]I have to agree with Greeny2 on this. That is odd since when I saw the thread title I thought I would actually agree with Cole. It happens from time to time after all. Instead he has tarred all persons of faith with the brush of homicidal pedophiles.[quote]

No, he has not. He said specifically otherwise.

I agree with Cole that the single minded religious fanatics are nutters, not to say that all religious individuals are fanatics, obviously.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:52 pm

There are always nuts in every group.
The thing is, the big groups are those that causes great problems around the world.
So there is a difference.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:51 am

Yes, Saturos, true, but IMO a religious fanatic is something to fear more then a non-religious fanatic, statistically.

There isn't a warrior to fear more then one who has no fear of death.

There is no fanatic to fear more then one who believes with every fibre of his being that what he is doing is right and he will be rewarded for it.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby jaydeehess » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:42 pm

After all, most American Christians pose no threat to the safety of their fellow citizens. Now, that doesn't mean I'm advocating standing too close to an abortion clinic folks! If you are a gayboy or a babykiller, then you are still fair game

Yep its crazy alright. But I have seen the "kill the fags" sentiment from people who are far from religious fanatics.

you still have not established that this woman is indicative of what overly religious person are capable of any more than non-religious persons are capable of.

Was Ted Bundy religious? NO
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby Jaack » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:12 pm

There's nothing in Christianity that tells people to behave this way. That is their personal choice. Sad, sick, disgusting choices but their own nonetheless.

I HATE ppl who cannot tell the difference.
What?
Jaack

Postby Tairaa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Jaack wrote:There's nothing in Christianity that tells people to behave this way. That is their personal choice. Sad, sick, disgusting choices but their own nonetheless.

I HATE ppl who cannot tell the difference.

I don't recall anyone saying that it's something in Christianity... In fact, I am pretty sure that Cole, again, said exactly the opposite.

It is the individual, not the person. For some reason however, a lot of people that are like that, are religious because it helps them to cope? I dunno. That was the point, not that Christianity is evil. Lol at misinterpretation.
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts