The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

1 Reason

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 pm

I`ve been thinking a bit.

This is my reason to why most religious people are hypocrites.

We all know that there are alot of things that religions consider as sins right?
So, if someone´s son/daughter commits murder, most parents would still love or have atleast some connection to their son/daughter.

Murder is a sin.

IF they steal they still are their son/daughter in their eyes and still loves it.

Stealing a sin.

IF they are cheating on their wife or husband they are still being loved and so on by their parents.

Unfaithful to ones other half is a sin.

But if that son/daughter is gay, WOW it´s the end of the world right?!
They are most of the times thrown out of their homes, they don´t consider their son/daughter asd their child, they break all conenctions to it.
They see them as sinners and unworthy to their eyes and in some occassions even go as far as to murder that child or making othwers murder it just because it is gay.

Being gay is a sin.

So let me ask all of you so called religious people.

If everything above is consider a sin, why is gays treated alot worse than a murderer and why on earth is that sin considered to be the worst damn thing ever?!
Why don´t you kill or throw your kid out if they have stolen?
Can you answer that?! :roll:
It´s pathetic, simply pathetic and no matter what anyone says, you can´t win against this argument. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby pandasex » Thu May 14, 2009 12:50 pm

you cant win they are brainwashed

an i will gladly stay in hell

Than in heaven surrounded by these hateful fucks
Last edited by pandasex on Thu May 14, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 14, 2009 12:52 pm

What happened to god loves and forgives all. Because to me that’s only if you’re not gay, because they’ll defend murder if it was against a Muslim but they don’t like gays being in there little closed shop. :roll: :x
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 14, 2009 1:42 pm

I know the future anyway so I don´t worry that much :twisted:
Dark-Samus

Postby Percival » Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

It's because often our deeper instincts over-rule any religious imperative. Despite that Jesus preached tolerance and to accept those different to yourself, so many religious people still seem to find reasons to despise or reject others because what Jesus taught actually goes against instinct. Instinct is to seek safety in numbers, to find a group with which to identify yourself, and divide your world-view into 'us' and 'them', those inside your group and those outside it. It's amazing how many such lines of division humans are capable of creating, based on nationality, religion, race, gender, age, sexuality - this instinct is the root of all prejudice, and sometimes it's hard to see past it.

I feel that being human is all about overcoming these animal sides to our nature, using our sentience to over-rule our instincts until we realise that there is no 'us' and 'them', only 'us'. Otherwise, what's the point? We may as well all just be animals.
Percival

Postby Questioner101 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:06 pm

“You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Illuminati » Thu May 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:I`ve been thinking a bit.

This is my reason to why most religious people are hypocrites.

We all know that there are alot of things that religions consider as sins right?
So, if someone´s son/daughter commits murder, most parents would still love or have atleast some connection to their son/daughter.

Murder is a sin.

IF they steal they still are their son/daughter in their eyes and still loves it.

Stealing a sin.

IF they are cheating on their wife or husband they are still being loved and so on by their parents.

Unfaithful to ones other half is a sin.

But if that son/daughter is gay, WOW it´s the end of the world right?!
They are most of the times thrown out of their homes, they don´t consider their son/daughter asd their child, they break all conenctions to it.
They see them as sinners and unworthy to their eyes and in some occassions even go as far as to murder that child or making othwers murder it just because it is gay.

Being gay is a sin.

So let me ask all of you so called religious people.

If everything above is consider a sin, why is gays treated alot worse than a murderer and why on earth is that sin considered to be the worst damn thing ever?!
Why don´t you kill or throw your kid out if they have stolen?
Can you answer that?! :roll:
It´s pathetic, simply pathetic and no matter what anyone says, you can´t win against this argument. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate to say it but this is the stupidest argument which I have seen here or on any other board/forum.

First, I am your test subject. I love my, soon to be in July, four daughters. Later on in life, lets say one of them commits murder without question. I will still love her. I will accept the fact that I will miss her but no one is above the law of the land. Murder is murder and she must do her time. It would tear me apart but we do not live in a world of faeries and elves. Reality is a harsh ruler.

Lets say one of my daughter's is a thief who steals and gets caught. At any time in her life, as I have already been explaining to my three children about stealing I would tell her that life is harsh and she must pay for her crimes, just like I have teaching her now. Tough love, but she must learn her lesson. I would still love her as much as when she was born, but again reality is a harsh ruler.

I would be disappointed in them if any of my children committed adultery. I would still love them, but they are going to have a lifetime of what ifs and whatnots to deal with. Their reality in which they made for themselves is punishment, let alone their own father's disappointment. I am still loving them though, even forgiving them and praying over them.

And if any of my daughters came up to me and told me that they felt they liked women in the same manner as my wife loves me I would still love them, not kick them out nor shun them from anything different than if they were loving men. I would not agree with their choices, just the same as i would not agree with them murdering, stealing or cheating on their spouses, but no matter how things go I could never throw my daughter out the door nor condemn them for actions like you have posted.

Reason? The difference between what you see Christianity as and the way I know it as is night and day. You believe, along with almost everyone else here in a wrathful, vengeful God who desires sacrifices and demands our acts of submission. The truth is everything in life is a choice and you have all been duped by idiots who painted that image centuries ago. You fools are willing to believe in an image of fear rather than realize the truth of it all is so simple it has blinded you to ignorance. Christ loved the adulterer; Christ loved the murderer; Christ loved the thief; Christ loved the homosexual- If I am to be Christ-like what should I do them to my family and friends, neighbors and people I meet? Shall I judge others by the same restrictions I choose to place upon myself or shall I love them with open arms and accept them as other members of this universe we live in?

Why can't most of you love others regardless of their beliefs? Apparently anyone who believes in some form of supernatural entity is considered an idiot, worthy of death and branded with an iron of contempt and should be cast into a lake with a millstone around their necks. Where is your love, brothers? Who are the real judges here? Hypocrites.
Illuminati

Postby pandasex » Thu May 14, 2009 5:08 pm

i guess you would have had to see what inspired the post. You are a spiritual person and a logical one at that. Most "people" in religion are not as sound as you are. That was the point.
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby screamzero » Thu May 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Silly atheists. Don't you know how vain and fragile people are? If there weren't a G-d, man would create one. You'll just have to forgive them for they know not what they do.

Your sole authorities stand alone, and no one is correct that hopes in nothing. That which you see as nothing isn't...so there is no G-d? That which you see as nothing really is nothing. Of its own definition, nothing is not...not even the word. Nothing. Think about it. Total; utter empty. Zip.
screamzero

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 15, 2009 1:10 am

And if any of my daughters came up to me and told me that they felt they liked women in the same manner as my wife loves me I would still love them, not kick them out nor shun them from anything different than if they were loving men. I would not agree with their choices, just the same as i would not agree with them murdering, stealing or cheating on their spouses, but no matter how things go I could never throw my daughter out the door nor condemn them for actions like you have posted.

Then you are one of the few who actually has a brain.
So I odn´t have anything against you on that.
But the truth still remains.
Most religious people are alot more hostile to people being gay, including their son/daughter than they would be if it was a murderer.

Why can't most of you love others regardless of their beliefs? Apparently anyone who believes in some form of supernatural entity is considered an idiot, worthy of death and branded with an iron of contempt and should be cast into a lake with a millstone around their necks. Where is your love, brothers? Who are the real judges here? Hypocrites.

You still can´t see the big issue here now can you?
Gays would never ever hate or disrespect religions if they didn´t persecute them,torture them,hate them,close them out like garbage and so on.
So what do you expect the response is towards them? :roll:

And the belief in something is up to every individual, BUT that does not give you the authority or any reason to go and spread hate to those who are not like you or believe the same like you.
You talk about love?
Love is when you don´t have any problems with that person´s identitiy of any kind (unless it´s a Nazi,Racist and those kind of nutjobs :roll: )
Like the pope right now.
"I`ve written a peace song"
Yeah? stop making a fool out of yourself when you say that gays would be much better dead or extinct from this planet. :roll:
Ppppppaaaatthhhheeeetiiiicccccccc :evil:

Silly atheists. Don't you know how vain and fragile people are? If there weren't a G-d, man would create one. You'll just have to forgive them for they know not what they do.

They did invent the picture of God, and I understand perfectly how patheticly weak humans are. :roll:
Dark-Samus

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts