The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Proofs of God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:40 pm

greeney2 wrote:I think we all agree the answer of the true beginning, the answer to if the Universe began from absolute nothing, or it the Universe always exsisted, is something Man has not figured out.

Like I said, we've already figured out that the universe hasn't always existed, like about 80 years ago, when Edwin Hubble discovered that the universe is expanding.

Only if membrane theory is correct, in which case this universe wouldn't have had any matter before the big bang, would this universe had supposedly always existed. But I don't believe that the empty membranes would have always existed (for the reason I stated earlier). Perhaps "God" farted them out.....and it's the beans that are eternal. :lol:

greeney2 wrote:I don't quite undestand your other ideas but you touch on a unknown energy sourse being first for a "nothing" theory.

No, it's not "nothing," it's something.

greeney2 wrote:An energy sourse that is your theory tha that is unexplainable or definable. Why isn't God a possibility for that energy sourse, since the comprehesion of the true beginning of our universe is so unknown?

Because you're answering one question and replacing it with another question (how did "God" come into being?) of which there's absolutely no evidence for. We're getting ahead of ourselves when we invoke a magic man into the equation. Furthermore, it's up to the believers to prove there is one, since they are the ones claiming that one exists. And if you can't, then as far as science and reality is concerned, it doesn't exist.

I don't understand how you can think it's more plausible that "God" (a being that's infinitely more complex than a universe) could come from "nothing" than it is for a universe to come from "nothing."
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:05 pm

For how long has the equation 1+1=2 existed?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm

We don't even know or understand all of the laws in place in this universe. How the hell are we to understand the laws that apply to any other universe?

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:33 pm

at1with0 wrote:For how long has the equation 1+1=2 existed?

For you? Never. :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Rykuss wrote:We don't even know or understand all of the laws in place in this universe. How the hell are we to understand the laws that apply to any other universe?

Just because we may not fully understand something, we're supposed to invoke "God" into it?
event_horizon

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Did I mention God? No, I'm saying people start to investigate things and then......."Oh shiney!" and run off to search for the answer to something else. Something they deem a deeper or more substantial mystery worthy of investigation. "Well I can't explain this universe but hey, let's theorize that other universes exist and then ponder how they work!" I get that it's cool to search for the origins of everything but it seems people are all too willing to get ahead of themselves.

What I'm saying is that there are realms of possibility that exist beyond present day man's understanding. But because man hasn't yet defined the laws which govern these possibilities, they are dismissed out of hand because we like to think we know it all. Man is inherently inquisitive but also lazy. Therefore it's easier to theorize than it is to investigate. I say the supernatural is anything but super, we just haven't discovered the laws that govern it.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Are you talking about my theory I explained earlier? That's all it is -- a theory...as well as all the other pre big bang theories. Nobody is claiming these theories as facts, unlike the "God" believers.
event_horizon

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 pm

event_horizon wrote:Are you talking about my theory I explained earlier? That's all it is -- a theory...as well as all the other pre big bang theories. Nobody is claiming these theories as facts, unlike the "God" believers.

I understand that and for those people, I think they've given up trying to investigate the mystery. Perhaps they are complacent being told the answers by someone else, I can understand that that is comforting for some as I am human after all. I do see those theories used as ammunition in debates like this though. I view those people the same way. Neither of these groups speak for the whole of civilization though, as much as they'd like to believe.

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Occam's Razor wins this argument though, no matter what anyone believes.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:19 pm

event_horizon wrote:
at1with0 wrote:For how long has the equation 1+1=2 existed?

For you? Never. :lol:

I guess the relevant part of the question is was that equation true prior to the big bang.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts