The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Priest Says Hell Is An Invention Of The Church To Control P

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:32 pm

There is also probably a respectable-sounding guy out there that teaches nuclear weapons are a myth invented for the purpose of control. And, he may go on believing that all the way up until the very moment he is vaporized by a nuclear blast. But even with all his reasonable sounding arguments, he has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the fact that nuclear weapons do indeed exist--even if they are factually used for the purpose of control. There is no argument about it; the concept of hell is regularly used to put fear into people of weak mind and faith. But that doesn't mean hell doesn't exist. We can debate until the cows come home about where hell is... be it underground, in another dimension, or whatever. But that debate is completely irrelevant as to whether or not hell exists.

The video and the priest reject the teachings of Christ and, if only indirectly, label Him a liar. Therefore if this priest is indeed a bona fide priest, then he is a dark priest.

Jesus mentions hell (be it "Hades" or a "lake of fire" or a "fiery furnace," etc.) over 70 times. If what He spoke of is nothing more than propaganda for the purpose of control, that would make Him a deceiver. Sorry, but I'm not on board with that and never will be. I want nothing to do with this heretical, blasphemous teaching.

Y'all enjoy.

As for me and MY house, we will serve the LORD.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:37 am

zoltan2 wrote:Priest Says Hell Is An Invention Of The Church To Control People With Fear
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1458/160 ... _Fear.html

Very interesting Zoltan. Your continual display of hatred for the Catholic Church, leads to the obvious conclusion that you would never take a priest's word for anything. So why would you believe this one? Your prejudice has exposed your inconsistency of reason.

I did not watch the video. I have no reason to. I do not hold the Catholic church as an authority on anything spiritual. But, I can tell you, Hell is not an invention of the church. It is present in the oldest manuscripts available, that predate the founding of the church by hundreds of years. You are far too gullible to be convincing.
Last edited by Halfabo on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halfabo

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 am

Zoltan is like the boy who cried wolf too many times. One too many ridiculous anti- american posts, one too many copy and pasted anti-Catholic stories, plus being caught in pedifile priest lies, he wonders why he has no credibility. :boohoo: Nice observation Halfabo! :thumbup:

PS. I forgot to mention too many anti-Isreal and zionists rants too. :Doh:
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah, anti American, anti church, anti Israel. Sounds very Muslim to me. If not Muslim then a Muslim sympathizer. If that is the case, he will most likely find out too late that Islam has no sympathy for any infidel, no matter how much they have helped the cause of Islam. Sounds very much like another member here.
Halfabo

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:12 am

in the END..it all comes down to US..not the instituions..whatever insttituison you have..our hearts know what's right, or wrong, of indirefent
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby zoltan2 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 am

OraProNobis wrote:I find this post interesting , but it brings to mind something I read in what is considered to be prophecies given to a visionary, and Jesus talks about this very subject, and the dangers that priests are putting souls under by not telling them of the truth of hell. Heaven , hell and purgatory are all taken very seriously by those who follow the true doctrine of faith, and there is proof that all 3 actually do exist, but I will get into that at a different time.

A highlight and link from the one message to maria concerning the priests who are falling away from the truths of the church.

http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/t ... e-vatican/

The whole link is worth the read as well as all the messages..but these words below about the priests coincide very much with the title of this thread.

Many of My Sacred Servant no longer believe in the state of hell or purgatory.

They do not accept My Father’s Commandments. They excuse every sin.

Priest explains that Hell is an invention of the church

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/p ... log-81941/

The truth is that the Old Testament does not portray Hell or the Underworld (called Sheol in Hebrew) as a fiery place.
There is no mention of a Lake of Fire, or of individuals being bound and tormented (punishments) in the Underworld.

Paul and the early christians of the gentile church of Paul apparently drew upon Greek myths about the Judgement, punishment and resurrection of the dead after a thousand years, as preserved in Plato's writings and many others.

Gehenna
In the New Testament, both early (i.e. the KJV) and modern translations often translate Gehenna as "Hell." In fact "Gehenna" was in fact a geographic location just outside Jerusalem (the Valley of Hinnom). Jesus used use the fire of Gehenna which was the city dump which was always burning trash outside of Jerusalem as a Metaphor

Hades
Hades is the Greek word traditionally used for the Hebrew word Sheol in such works as the Septuagint, the Greek translations of the Hebrew Bible. Hades of Sheoul means the grave a physical place .

Infernus
The Latin word infernus means "being underneath" and is wrongly and often translated as "Hell".

Sheol
In the King James Bible, the Old Testament term Sheol is translated as "Hell" 31 times. However, Sheol was translated as "the grave" 31 other times. Sheol is also translated as "the pit" three times.
Modern translations, however, do not translate Sheol as "Hell" at all, instead rendering it "the grave," "the pit," or "death." This is correct
zoltan2

Postby Halfabo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:57 pm

bionic wrote:in the END..it all comes down to US..not the instituions..whatever insttituison you have..our hearts know what's right, or wrong, of indirefent

You are right bionic. The institutions are not the Church. The institutions are part of the world. They play by the same rules and have all the same problems as the world. The people are the Church. The ecclesia, the ones who have been called out of the world to be the children of God. The children of God, are still in the world but, are no longer part of it.

According to the Gospel, it does seem that every soul on earth has been called out of the world. Unfortunately most have and will continue to refuse that calling. Most prefer to remain part of the world, even those who choose to remain as part of the institutions of man's church.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 am

zoltan2 wrote:Paul and the early christians of the gentile church of Paul apparently drew upon Greek myths about the Judgement, punishment and resurrection of the dead after a thousand years, as preserved in Plato's writings and many others.

Paul outright rejected the Greek myths.

Gehenna
In the New Testament, both early (i.e. the KJV) and modern translations often translate Gehenna as "Hell." In fact "Gehenna" was in fact a geographic location just outside Jerusalem (the Valley of Hinnom). Jesus used use the fire of Gehenna which was the city dump which was always burning trash outside of Jerusalem as a Metaphor

That's right. A metaphor for what we now describe as Hell. Christ constantly used metaphors to describe real ideas and real places that we cannot see or fully understand until our life on Earth ends.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:57 am

frrostedman wrote:That's right. A metaphor for what we now describe as Hell. Christ constantly used metaphors to describe real ideas and real places that we cannot see or fully understand until our life on Earth ends.

Most people don't get metaphors. That's why Christ taught in parables, so that the blind remain blind and the deaf remain deaf.
Halfabo

Postby zoltan2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:04 am

frrostedman wrote:
zoltan2 wrote:Paul and the early christians of the gentile church of Paul apparently drew upon Greek myths about the Judgement, punishment and resurrection of the dead after a thousand years, as preserved in Plato's writings and many others.

Paul outright rejected the Greek myths.

Gehenna

That's right. A metaphor for what we now describe as Hell. Christ constantly used metaphors to describe real ideas and real places that we cannot see or fully understand until our life on Earth ends.

Jesus was not the founder of Christianity as we know it today.
Most of the New Testament doesn't even concern the historical Jesus. Paul never met Jesus in the flesh, he only claimed some spiritual visions and proceeded to Hellenize the teachings of Jesus (who preached a generic form of Judaism), until he created Pauline Christianity. Because there are no known writings from Jesus or His actual Apostles, most of what He really taught is remains controversial.

But according to Paul, Jesus' teachings are not relevant to salvation.

Paul is regarded as the great interpreter of Jesus' mission, who explained, in a way that Jesus himself never did, how Jesus' life and death fitted into a cosmic scheme of salvation, stretching from the creation of Adam to the end of time." The doctrines of Christianity come mostly from the teaching or influence of Paul, a Pharisee(?) who rejected his Pharisaic Judaism.

His worship was that of a "Christ" totally unrelated to the Jewish Messiah, a nationalist (and human) figure that was supposed to free the nation from foreign (Roman) rule.

Any original Jewish Christians were eventually completely replaced by Pauline Christians.

Paul transmuted Jesus the Jewish Messiah into the universal meaning catholic Saviour.

Pauline theology is also a term referring to the teaching and doctrines especially espoused by the apostle Paul through his writings.

The Apostles did not consider Paul to be a fellow apostle and didn't trust him, as he'd never actually met Jesus.
Paul preached that converts didn't need to keep Old Testament Laws and that circumcision was a barrier to God.
Jesus said he did not abolished the Torah.
Paul's teachings, Greek to Greek, appealed to the masses of the Roman Empire and its neighbors
, whereas Jewish Christianity dwindled in importance under the tide of followers of the easy Christianity preached by Paul.

Paul distorted Jesus' teachings and was instrumental in the church's "deviation" from Jesus' teaching and practices. Paul spoiled the message of Jesus. Paul started the myth of the following example.
Original sin
Making the Jews the villains
Making Jesus divine
Jesus' death being seen as atonement for human sin
Making Jesus the Saviour

Establishing a hierarchy to create and control a Church and more importantly to create and control the beliefs of its membership.

Christianity was in good part invented by Paul who transformed the Jewish teacher Jesus to the Son of God
Paul replaced the Torah, the Jewish Law or Mosaic Law, with his home made Christ.

The gnostic Mithraists and Jewish Ebionites formed the very first Christians of the first century, with practices and beliefs based respectively on Gnostic and Judaistic rituals, symbols and practices.

Pauline Christians became obsessed with enforcing their literal interpretation of Christianity's original stories, causing another huge rift with older gnostic-style Christians.
With Roman power behind their press and with the favor of Emperors, the Pauline-Nicene Christians wiped out the gnostic, annihilated the Arians after long bloody campaigns, and murdered and burnt the Marcionites and many other small sects, to leave themselves as the sole Christians within the Roman Empire, free to edit their own books to 'prove' how all their predecessors had been wrong.
zoltan2

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts