The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Prometheus

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby event_horizon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Is anybody else jacked up to see this? It's an 'Alien' prequel, except it won't be about the xenomorphs; it's mostly going to be about the Space Jockeys. Remember that alien corpse that was sitting in the cockpit of that spaceship in the first movie? It's going to be about them. I think it'll be a lot more interesting to see than another rehash of humans fighting the xenomorphs. 8-)

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

Epic. 8-)
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 am

looks to be cool
8-)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Looks like it will be great. We'll finally get some answers on the "Space Jockeys." :thumbup: All we've had so far was the brief scene in the first film. There has been some info filled in with the books. But as that's a separate storyline it doesn't count for the "canon."

One thing I want to know is what happened to whatever burst out of the pilot. That thing had to be around somewhere. It's a shame we won't be seeing any Xenomorph because it would be an explanation. Or maybe we'll get some indication that this is where the Queen came from and that it was in hibernation somewhere else in the ship until the planet was settled in between the first and second film. Which seems to imply "the company" knew what was going to happen even before they put people there. Like it was all a plan they came up with.

A scene from Aliens more or less confirms it when Ripley says she read the report Burke made about sending people out to the derelict ship.

Prometheus may retcon this to be true. If not we have the implications given from the Nostromo's computer and Ash the Android.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby antz123 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:05 am

in case u wanna read more :)

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Jockey
antz123

Postby event_horizon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:25 pm

That's an interesting theory about the "Space Jockey" Chestburster, WarAngel. My only question would be which eggs actually hold the Queen Facehuggers? Are there specific eggs for those? If so, then maybe it could have been a warrior alien that was in the Jockey, hibernated on the ship, then grabbed a colonist and immobilized him/her next to a Queen egg.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 am

event_horizon wrote:That's an interesting theory about the "Space Jockey" Chestburster, WarAngel. My only question would be which eggs actually hold the Queen Facehuggers? Are there specific eggs for those? If so, then maybe it could have been a warrior alien that was in the Jockey, hibernated on the ship, then grabbed a colonist and immobilized him/her next to a Queen egg.

In a scene cut from the original film Ripley find the alien's lair with Captain Dallas glued to the wall and one of the only guys decomposing into what looks like an egg. I remember reading that the scene was cut because they wanted have a queen alien and this would somehow take away from that.

So whatever burst out of the Space Jockey could have been a regular alien that morphed into a queen when it sensed that no other was present. It then goes dormant until the colonists showed up. Probably sent there on purpose to get use as hosts. I hope Prometheus at least hints at that.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 pm

That isn't why they cut that scene though. Ridley said it had to do with the flow of the movie. It wasn't even known there would be a sequel until James Cameron began talking about it in 1983...four years after the first movie.

There are fan theories that both reproduction cycles are used -- Queen laying eggs and also aliens transforming dead bodies into eggs. It's the only thing that would make sense now, given the release of the cut scenes; just means the aliens are even more versatile/difficult to deal with.

In the commentary on 'Alien', Ridley said that the Space Jockey was going to use all those eggs as a means of biological warfare on some planet. Perhaps that planet was going to be Earth, and humans end up thwarting the attack -- could be why you see the Derelict crash with the humans trying to run away from it at the end of the trailer. It makes sense with the tagline:

"They went looking for our beginning...what they found could be our end."
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:46 am

event_horizon wrote:Perhaps that planet was going to be Earth, and humans end up thwarting the attack -- could be why you see the Derelict crash with the humans trying to run away from it at the end of the trailer. It makes sense with the tagline:

"They went looking for our beginning...what they found could be our end."

You make a good point. :think:

I found this while looking at the Xenopedia article
Set in the late-21st century, Prometheus will explore the advanced civilization of an extraterrestrial race responsible for the origins of modern humans on Earth

Looks like we'll get a variation of the Ancient Astronaut Theory. :thumbup:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby event_horizon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Yep....the good ol' mastermind of the silver screen is digging deep on this one.

I don't think I've ever been quite this anxious waiting for a movie to come out. :crazy: :D
event_horizon

Postby WarAngel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 am

For those who haven't seen it yet or want to see it again.

What if it were true?
WarAngel

Next

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts