The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

favorite firearms...

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 am

Wow thanks for all the information greeny. I know what you mean now. I did not know the gas powered was in reference to the ejecting of the shell and not the firing of the gun. As a mechanical device, guns are quite fascinating and interesting to learn about. But I don't know if I would ever own one. But I think at some point I would like to go to a range and fire one or two.

Ricardo ... It's not so much that I think buying a gun with no training cause more acts of crime or inclines people that would use a gun on someone to use it for malevolent reasons just because they have no training.

I mean don't you feel safe knowing that people are trained to drive vehicles? Granted that doesn't seem to stop people from doing stupid things ... so I guess I am not helping prove my point. :lol: I dunno maybe it is a false sense of security just to know someone can't go buy a gun and shot it like it's a toy.

Maybe people do think they are toys and that's when people get drunk and kill things. :x

Anyway ... I don't know ... just enjoying the conversation.

And I cannot see how suicide could be a crime. Killing yourself isn't a crime against anyone. Is it really a judicial crime?
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 am

I soooooo want a .50 cal desert eagle. I miss my SKS Paratrooper model 7.62 x 39mm assult rifle with the 30 round clip. :( Also briefly had a tech-nine 9mm submachinegun, never fired the damn thing. Miss my Mossberg 590 military shotgun as well. I had a 37mm grenade launcher too but I had to sell all of my toys during hard times. Currently have a .32 auto with slugs and a 9mm semi-auto with hollow-points. If only I could afford an AR-15 or M-16 lower receiver with a SAW upper, I'd be happy. :twisted:

I remember years ago I could've had it as well as an M-60 but I didn't have enough money. I've fired a lot of weapons in my time, knowing people with money to buy nice things is awesome. Enfield .303 and .308 kick like a mule, AK-47 and MAC-90's are as smooth as an SKS and easy to break down to clean. Kalishnikov's are sexy as hell.

The same guy, my old neighbor even got hold of an FN-FAL. I don't how but he did and it was very cool to shoot.

Postby ricardo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:08 pm

speaking of sexy. have you seen the latest bullpups ? very ' trick.'

scope out the steinkamp sw1 ( many others )I'll post if I find the link .

don't our industrious allies the ausies -(special forces )-use an bullpup

as standard issue ? I might be thinking steyr arms. maybe joker can shed some

light on this.

the particular steinkamp is an combo shotgun/ rifle. totally useful around
the house for those really big rats. lots of links here. ever heard of fps russia
he posts on YouTube for fun and adverts. this comrades got lots of toys.

he's funny and has useful information on serious product.
ricardo

Postby bionic » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:52 am

boys and their dicks..er..I mean..guns..of course
:P
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 pm

ricardo wrote:speaking of sexy. have you seen the latest bullpups ? very ' trick.'

scope out the steinkamp sw1 ( many others )I'll post if I find the link .

don't our industrious allies the ausies -(special forces )-use an bullpup

as standard issue ? I might be thinking steyr arms. maybe joker can shed some

light on this.

the particular steinkamp is an combo shotgun/ rifle. totally useful around
the house for those really big rats. lots of links here. ever heard of fps russia
he posts on YouTube for fun and adverts. this comrades got lots of toys.

he's funny and has useful information on serious product.

I do like the bullpup and I think most, if not all, special forces have adopted them. I'm admittedly not up to date on the subject like i used to be though. I kept a few of my old Guns and Ammo magazines from ages ago. One on the 454 casull, one on the electronic ignition system for the powder casing and the other I think was a series on sniper rifles.

bionic wrote:boys and their dicks..er..I mean..guns..of course
:P

:lol:

Postby ricardo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 pm

I chatted w/ an elderly marine sniper from nam. he retired col.-
-was in recon. we sat near each other in an eatery. I didnt know 50 was used.
much back then. he favored an lever action 30/30 . (this cat had all sorts of toys.)

the kicker was when I came out of the restroom . he had this revolver drawn
that was about belt level w/ me . I opened the door, there he was. WTH !
he was excited to show me an 22 magnum. revolver he carries legal and all.

cool I said. sweet. ( on camera in an family eatery.) oh yeah...
he and I agreed on the inner truth of all good weapons and their use.
and the men / women that fire them . and that is : it's not the size of the caliber,
but the accuracy from the man firing the weapon.

he apparently went through an transformative experience that according to him
involved his realization of his own mortality. he therefore, is an catch and release
kind of guy ...hunting or fishing... he gets an ' buzz' and thats enough.
like robert de niro in dear hunter ,goes up north on an hunting trip w/ his buddies. he tracks and sites the animal .levels his weapon but does not fire.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 am

I'm looking at this ' new ' tac 12 gauge from benelli . it's a pump -
newest variant. I do like the semi auto . but there are compelling reasons
for the pump action 12 gauge shotgun.

1 ) they feed every time.
(I have never had a semi auto jam.) did in a semi auto pistol than switched
to full metal jackets. (no problemo) I knew that already ! :naughty:

2) in the old days : and riot control situations- there is a almost palpable visceral
effect to hearing and seeing an 12 gauge shotgun chamber a round.
it has a ' hell of a deterrent effect ' serves as in the business what they
call- " fair warning "

3) lets concealed attackers know you came to the fight prepared. they
surrender.

4) zillions less in cost. still the pump looks good and can be equipped w/
an shotgun shell extender.

5) more of an challenge when bird hunting or skeet shooting. clay pigeons etc...
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 am

this guy is cool and safety conscious as well. (great toys)you tube: fps Russia
he has links for ' all ' the goodies .
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 pm

ah new toys. bull pup action halfway through, tracer rounds , and mini explosion
note : shell ejection comments on the bull. anyone that had hot brass land /fall
down their shirt can relate.
ricardo

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:22 pm

ricardo.. Nice thread here. I was contacted by another member you told me that you may be interested in CC weapons, and or carry convenience. If so ( I'm no expert and don't claim to be ) but do carry and am more than willing to give my opinion in that regard. if so wanted.

As for the Pump gun avoid the Benelli and opt for the Remington tactical---simply no comparison-----------yet if talking Semi auto then the Benelli is by far the best for the money..............why...more than likely a manufacturers/market condition............many many special ops and certain LE use semi auto B's........an absolutely lethal set up.

I've seen one deployed in training---------can't imagine being on the receiving end of 0.0/slugs....limb lobbers.....no doubt.

I carry a Glock 23 and opt for the Fobus paddle..........no problems and a real bitch for anyone who tries to take your weapon. Sig makes a version for their 220 carries--------------which is another awesome piece yet near twice as much as the Glock........For the money, fire power, accuracy, ease of use for any and all applications-----------Glock's are near to impossible to beat.

Lots of people are pushing the envelop when it comes to CC ( personally ) and I've been around a bit---I've never seen anything quite like it-----I've got stories---true stories for any who'd like to get a good chuckle...

Adamwarlock---------I appreciate that question/comment you made a few posts back :clap: :clap: very very good point on the training aspect of owning a firearm.............thank you for that.

regards, Great topic..

Cole
Cole_Trickle

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts