The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Church of Satan

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:01 am

Like I said, there is a difference between just not believing, and having an agenda to provoke other religions, corrupt souls.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9613
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 am

greeney2 wrote:If what you say is true about the Satanist approach, and that they are more identified with atheism and acting as ***holes to the other religions, they really resemble what I have talked about in "Militant Atheism". Like Humphreys says, are you saying the Satanists are bascially Atheists?


Militant atheists are very serious about their goals. They are anti-religion, but they're not there to provoke Christians just to get a kick out of it, they have a world view where they believe we'd be better off if religion was eradicated. Militant atheists are not "asses" any more than more fundamental Christians are, they're just very serious about their beliefs.

I think that's where they differ from Satanists who are mostly there just to provoke and cause controversy because they get a kick out of it.

Atheism is just "lack of belief in God", and as such it covers a vast range of beliefs, under which Satanists and militants, some buddhists, etc all fall. You can't generalize what atheists are like because they are too varied. Some are going to be asses, others are going to very reasonable some militant, some not, some are going to have some ridiculous beliefs, some will be rational.

You can't answer the question "what are atheists like" because the only thing they share is a lack of belief in one extra God to you.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
User avatar
humphreys
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm
Location: Inside your head.

Postby orangetom1999 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:31 am

Greeny2,

If what you say is true about the Satanist approach, and that they are more identified with atheism and acting as ***holes to the other religions, they really resemble what I have talked about in "Militant Atheism". Like Humphreys says, are you saying the Satanists are bascially Atheists?


Yes...Yes..Greeny 2...I believe you have it here. For some reason (public education perhaps) Humphreys could not come out and say it directly.

Atheists and Satanists are both ***holes.

From Humphreys on page 2

Not anything to take seriously as a philosophy, just some ***holes screwing around. And yes, it has nothing to do with Satan at all, their beliefs are atheistic.


In his ire I was not sure Humphreys was aware he was also labelling atheists as ***holes.


Rykuss,

That's interesting, orangetom. I don't agree with your interpretation of nature-based religions and philosophies but I guess it sheds some light on the conflicting ideologies between them and Christians.


When you work devoutly and steadily ...constantly to market your people into emotional drama queens/train wrecks...to worship beauty, sexuality, self indulgence, instant gratification thinking and values....you are well on the way to becoming nature worshippers....pantheism...fertility worshippers.
When you develop a people with few real experiences and knowledge's and thinking ..outside of what they see on television and movies...they have television and movie thinking, emotions, and conducts/behaviors....you are well on your way to pantheism/nature worship.
When you teach and preach this same template in public schools...financed by the body politic promoting thus...you are on your way back to pantheism/nature worship.

In nature worship...nature conquers men...and puts them back on a subsistence level or lower.
The end fruits of this are no better than what you see in most nations under feudalism.
When people do not or cannot enjoy the fruits of their labor...progress stops, stagnates, and returns back to nature.

Watch carefully what is happening in England ...the same is scheduled to happen here in the USA.

Rampant runaway sexuality of all kinds ..a people self indulgent ..who define themseslves by what they consume....including their sexuality..including consuming each other....but little real thinking going on. And politicians who promote the same to keep and maintain power. Very much like Ancient Rome.
And before them Greece..and before them...and before them ...before them..ad nauseum.


Ahhh...but we have logic and reason!!!!! Do We?????

The more things change..the more they stay the same.


Humphreys,

Militant atheists are very serious about their goals. They are anti-religion, but they're not there to provoke Christians just to get a kick out of it, they have a world view where they believe we'd be better off if religion was eradicated.



Once again here Humphreys...you show your public education non standards.

Give me the name of the god of this world??

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 am

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:45 am

Well, two kittens have died because orangetom is unable to stop saying "public education".

Also, he fails logic class for thinking that me calling Satanists, who are atheists, ***holes, means I'm labeling all, or the majority of atheists, ***holes.

Ted Bundy was a man, if I call him an ***hole does that mean I'm labeling men ***holes?

In orangetom's world, the following syllogism is valid:

All Dalmations have black spots
All Dalmations are dogs
All Dogs have black spots

Epic fail as always. Pfffft :thumbdown:

orangetom is an idiot
orangetom was not publically educated
people who are not publically educated are idiots

Stay in school kids, or you'll end up like you-know-who.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
User avatar
humphreys
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm
Location: Inside your head.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 am

humphreys wrote:
greeney2 wrote:If what you say is true about the Satanist approach, and that they are more identified with atheism and acting as ***holes to the other religions, they really resemble what I have talked about in "Militant Atheism". Like Humphreys says, are you saying the Satanists are bascially Atheists?


Militant atheists are very serious about their goals. They are anti-religion, but they're not there to provoke Christians just to get a kick out of it, they have a world view where they believe we'd be better off if religion was eradicated. Militant atheists are not "asses" any more than more fundamental Christians are, they're just very serious about their beliefs.

I think that's where they differ from Satanists who are mostly there just to provoke and cause controversy because they get a kick out of it.

Atheism is just "lack of belief in God", and as such it covers a vast range of beliefs, under which Satanists and militants, some buddhists, etc all fall. You can't generalize what atheists are like because they are too varied. Some are going to be asses, others are going to very reasonable some militant, some not, some are going to have some ridiculous beliefs, some will be rational.

You can't answer the question "what are atheists like" because the only thing they share is a lack of belief in one extra God to you.


Yes absolutly they go out of their way to provoke, insult, and distroy Faith in others. Its obvious EH does it for kicks, Ninor did it for Kicks, and so do you. Any argument or oppositional stance, as long as you keep up the campaign against believers, provoke and stir them up. You speak the words "eradicate all religions" is exactly what you see Iran and other hate filled groups expressing to eradicate Jews, just like Hitler tried. You are no better than White Sepremists or any other bigots of the world, intolerant of beliefs that do not affect you. I've been told not to take it personal, well its personal when the attack has a mission of eraticating my religion, when we live in a country with Freedom of that choice. I served in our military to protect these rights, so yes it is personal. The IG site is no better than equalilant anti-semetic literature and as far as I'm concerned should not be allowed here. We have banned several people for anti-semitism, I do not know why the same is not done here.

Show me the most fundemental Christian you can find and I guarentee they are trying to save your souls, not darken your soul by stripping you of Faith in God. Months ago you and your cohorts here all denied there was anything known as Militant Atheism, because nobody knew about what I posted, it exposed the side of Atheism that is no better than our worse hate crimes and hate groups.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9613
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Congratulations greeney, that's just about the most biased and ignorant post I've ever read on here, and that's saying a lot.

By the way, I didn't say militant atheists do not exist, I said I don't classify myself as one. And militant atheists do not want to destroy religion, or do anything else by force, force is something those of your religion might be more familiar with, eg the crusades. Militants prefer a world without religion, but the means to those ends are by education, not violence and hate. I chose the wrong word with "eradicated", which you have obviously jumped upon as my meaning some sort of genocide.

You're pathetic sometimes.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
User avatar
humphreys
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm
Location: Inside your head.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:Greeny2,

If what you say is true about the Satanist approach, and that they are more identified with atheism and acting as ***holes to the other religions, they really resemble what I have talked about in "Militant Atheism". Like Humphreys says, are you saying the Satanists are bascially Atheists?


Yes...Yes..Greeny 2...I believe you have it here. For some reason (public education perhaps) Humphreys could not come out and say it directly.

Atheists and Satanists are both ***holes.

From Humphreys on page 2

Not anything to take seriously as a philosophy, just some ***holes screwing around. And yes, it has nothing to do with Satan at all, their beliefs are atheistic.


In his ire I was not sure Humphreys was aware he was also labelling atheists as ***holes.


Rykuss,

That's interesting, orangetom. I don't agree with your interpretation of nature-based religions and philosophies but I guess it sheds some light on the conflicting ideologies between them and Christians.


When you work devoutly and steadily ...constantly to market your people into emotional drama queens/train wrecks...to worship beauty, sexuality, self indulgence, instant gratification thinking and values....you are well on the way to becoming nature worshippers....pantheism...fertility worshippers.
When you develop a people with few real experiences and knowledge's and thinking ..outside of what they see on television and movies...they have television and movie thinking, emotions, and conducts/behaviors....you are well on your way to pantheism/nature worship.
When you teach and preach this same template in public schools...financed by the body politic promoting thus...you are on your way back to pantheism/nature worship.

In nature worship...nature conquers men...and puts them back on a subsistence level or lower.
The end fruits of this are no better than what you see in most nations under feudalism.
When people do not or cannot enjoy the fruits of their labor...progress stops, stagnates, and returns back to nature.

Watch carefully what is happening in England ...the same is scheduled to happen here in the USA.

Rampant runaway sexuality of all kinds ..a people self indulgent ..who define themseslves by what they consume....including their sexuality..including consuming each other....but little real thinking going on. And politicians who promote the same to keep and maintain power. Very much like Ancient Rome.
And before them Greece..and before them...and before them ...before them..ad nauseum.


Ahhh...but we have logic and reason!!!!! Do We?????

The more things change..the more they stay the same.


Humphreys,

Militant atheists are very serious about their goals. They are anti-religion, but they're not there to provoke Christians just to get a kick out of it, they have a world view where they believe we'd be better off if religion was eradicated.



Once again here Humphreys...you show your public education non standards.

Give me the name of the god of this world??

Thanks,
Orangetom


Alright, orangetom. What are you proposing is the solution to this epidemic? I think I gather where you're heading with this but just for clarity, I'd like you to state your solution. I do have a problem with our politician's, especially those like Newt Gingrich that blame all of mankind's woes on Paganism or any religion other than Christianity. I fail to see where any kind of progress is to be made when people like him set this country back fifty years every time they open their mouths.

It's politicians, clergy and evangelicals like him that preach how things ought to be yet are up to their eyeballs in scandal and sin. It's my opinion that the church needs to sort it's house before it goes about restructuring society to fit it's ideals. In fact, I'd wager that the reason people have turned away from the church is because of the hypocrites at the pulpit. They're excellent at telling everyone else how to live, yet they seem to struggle with it themselves. Is it Satan's fault? Is it my fault for leaving the church?

I heard a saying once, "It is a poor shepard who blames his flock". It seems to me that the church is unraveling from within yet I see the finger being pointed at the flock. Then I see stories like this all the time. Is this the logic and reasoning you're referring to? Telling people to do as you say, think as you do? Get right with God? Really?

So it seems the flock is a bit messed up as well, threatening to harm or kill people because they believe differently. I know all Christian's aren't this way, most of them understand what religious freedom means. Intolerance, hate, discrimination are things we can do without. We can also do without any religion that preaches or fosters these ideals. If the church wants to save humanity from evil they need to get right with God themselves instead of lobbying to pass tyrannical legislation to save the people from themselves, "for their own good".
Guest
 

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 pm

humphreys wrote:Congratulations greeney, that's just about the most biased and ignorant post I've ever read on here, and that's saying a lot.

By the way, I didn't say militant atheists do not exist, I said I don't classify myself as one. And militant atheists do not want to destroy religion, or do anything else by force, force is something those of your religion might be more familiar with, eg the crusades. Militants prefer a world without religion, but the means to those ends are by education, not violence and hate. I chose the wrong word with "eradicated", which you have obviously jumped upon as my meaning some sort of genocide.

You're pathetic sometimes.


Tell me about it man. He's got real issues with blowing things out of proportion like a big time drama queen. In fact I think he gets off on it, probably because his real life is so dull and uneventful.

Now he's talking like he's considering banning the IG posts. Talk about bigotry and intolerance -- that takes the cake. I think his dictator ways are beginning to take root.

The IG site is not anti-Christian (like anti-Semitism is), it's anti-Bible. It does not promote violence against Christians or discriminate against them. It's strictly against the religion, not the people that worship it. It encourages rational thought -- simply presenting logical arguments against a belief that is erroneous. The reason he's so much against IG site is because it's largely indefensible; he rarely ever comes up with any good rebuttals for the material ("it's taken out of context" is his usual defense). He's basically afraid that it might turn a Christian away from the Bible -- that's why he truly doesn't like it.

This forum was not made to be pro-religious. Let me remind the dictator of the words written upon entry to this forum:

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

No one that is on one side of the fence on religious matters, and with emotional issues, has any business moderating this forum.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:45 pm

greeney2 wrote:Its obvious EH does it for kicks


No I don't. I've explained this here at least 20 times already, AND just recently. How many times do I have to explain to you that I come here to blow off steam about religions that have been tearing this world apart, causing wars and death. The fact that you still don't get it again proves you're senile -- one trait of it is having a bad memory.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm

I guess anyone opposed to the KKK, is just being a bigot to twards their beliefs and freedom too. :lol:

I believe most people would regard doing things just to "blow off steam" as you put it, are the same as "doing it for kicks". Whats the difference?

I personally see your IG site and your postsing it no better than anti-semetic agendas, but as you can see not a single word has been edited, or deleted, or not a single person banned due to it. Including you! I'm just blowing off steam, your links are bigotry and trash. :lol:
greeney2
 
Posts: 9613
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest