The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Church of Satan

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby humphreys » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 am

If ***hole is too strong, can we agree on "ass"?
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am

I think that definition is for "selfish". It's often associated with ***holes, true as we call people like that an ***hole but it isn't the definition for such a person. I am definitely an ***hole but I'm not selfish.

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 am

Humphreys,

Not anything to take seriously as a philosophy, just some ***holes screwing around. And yes, it has nothing to do with Satan at all, their beliefs are atheistic.

Good grief Humphreys. Do you understand what you are implying here?? Or is the the peak of public education???

As to this Rykuss...it is not difficult to understand if you know some history of nations..particularly ancient nations and their religions.

I don't understand their rationale in making broad statements about nature-based religions being one and the same with their philosophy. These people aren't stupid, in fact they're quite intelligent. So I have to wonder why they would say things like that.

Most of the ancient nations fall into what historically is called Fertility worship..or paganism..and often a variation of Nature worship..pantheism.
Multitudes of gods..and worship often following the seasons.

The only thing you need to know about these religions is the fruit they bore...

Were these religions and their influence on the state...conducive to a higher standard of living for everyone ..through productive activities where people could keep more of what they produced. Or did these nature religions keep a feudal system in place.

What is also interesting in many of these religions was the runaway rampant sexuality which took place and was cultivate and fostered by the state. This particularly around their festivals and holydays. This was quite common around these ancient cultures and nations.

What is also interesting is that Ancient Israel got caught up in this practice ..including sacrificing their first born to other gods..the fertility worship of the nations surrounding them. For this practice...the groves and high places...so to speak...Ancient Israel finally lost the land by 70 AD.
This kind of thing when instructed not to do it is called "Whoredom."
Going after other gods.

What is also known about Pantheism ..is that when people worship nature...nature conquers man...and subdues him to a level below nature. All you have to do it look at the various cultures, peoples, and nations in this world and then look at their religion and see if it was conducive to progress which would raise the standard of living of the people above nature.
You can put any name on the religion you want...but what does it do to the people to raise their standard of living.

You can put all the scientific spin you want on it ..but does the religion help people to progress above a basic nature or substance level or does it hold people back to nature or below.

This includes the religion of politics....for it is obvious that politics is full of the fertility practices...and other occult doings.

Another fingerprint of many religions..and particularly Eastern pantheistic nature type religions..fertility religions...is that there is in them a section or grouping for the insiders and another for outsiders. By this I mean a very inside cadre within the membership..who are different from the regular membership.
This is also a key definition of politics today. It is also a fingerprint of Occult Religions/Eastern Religions.

Pantheism is Nature worship...is fertility worship..is Eastern Religions..Eastern Philosophies.

This is also the religion of wise men...Wizards...Sophists...Crowley et al.

Natural man...intelligent sophisticated man...men of letters ..Wise men...have always historically attempted by logic and reason..to return to their roots...sexuality...fertility...nature.

The reason for this is that this is the very best that natural intelligent men through out history have ever been able to do. Much of this history is hidden and concealed from us. We are not to know this.

What is not known or much advertised historically and factually ..is that some of the highest IQ people in the world are not orientals..but Jews...Hebrews.

Yet here we have these people of high IQ ..even in Ancient times...who lost the land and their blessings from God..and were spread around the world for their disobedience in following after strange gods and the practices and traditions of these strange gods.
They are still doing this today.

And so too ..as it was with the Jews ...are today many Believers doing the same pattern and fingerprint.

When the Satanists and Luciferians make the claims back to Pantheism and nature worship..they are not kidding.

Hope this helps,

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby humphreys » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:17 am

orangetom1999 wrote:Humphreys,

Not anything to take seriously as a philosophy, just some ***holes screwing around. And yes, it has nothing to do with Satan at all, their beliefs are atheistic.

Good grief Humphreys. Do you understand what you are implying here?? Or is the the peak of public education???

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

I don't know orangetom, why don't you TELL US what you think is being implied, instead of blathering on and on about public education in EVERY SINGLE FRICKING POST :wall:

Gaaaaaah, broken record, make him stop someone.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 am

Right, that's it.

I have a dozen kittens, every time orangetom says "public education" I'm going to shoot one. Don't blame me, blame him for what he has driven me to.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:47 am

Not all pantheists worship nature.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:25 pm

That's interesting, orangetom. I don't agree with your interpretation of nature-based religions and philosophies but I guess it sheds some light on the conflicting ideologies between them and Christians.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 pm

I've never known a Satanist, but have known and worked with a few declared atheists. Those I knew, were not actively hostile or mean to those who were religious or believed, they just did not believe in any of it themselves. They had normal lives, were excellent workers, and did not push their beliefs in hostile ways.

If what you say is true about the Satanist approach, and that they are more identified with atheism and acting as ***holes to the other religions, they really resemble what I have talked about in "Militant Atheism". Like Humphreys says, are you saying the Satanists are bascially Atheists?

That is not just a simple belief God does not exist, and living your life with that belief, if it includes a constant attack of other religions, mainly Christianity, as an ingrediant of their belief. They for whatever reason, seek to attack and provoke, the Faith of others, when it is irrelevant to their own life and beliefs. What motivation is there for such an intolerant approach twards Christians for simply believing in God, and worshiping in their own way? Some Atheists, including famous people like Kathy Griffen, admit to wearing the term 'Militant Atheist" without shame, and go out of their way to intentionally provoke people that have nothing to do with their stance on religion. Not only do we have the right to religious freedom, it is a right without perscecussion for it.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 pm

humphreys wrote:From what I gathered it's mostly about selfishness and self-preservation, with humans becoming like animals. Also, the name is clearly there to provoke and poke fun at Christians.

yep..as far as I am concerned Satanist are just ex Chrisitians holding a grudge..it is fake Paganism

if you want to be a Pagan..just BE a PAGAN..leave the Christian metaphores behind..truly free yourself

if thta is your desire..to free yourself from what, you see, as a Chrisitian dogma, prison

different strokes for different folks

anything, any concept, can free or enlsave us (or some mixture of the two)..depending on how it comes at us and how we see and use it in our lives

I am a religious and spiritual eclectic..persoonally
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

bionic wrote:
humphreys wrote:From what I gathered it's mostly about selfishness and self-preservation, with humans becoming like animals. Also, the name is clearly there to provoke and poke fun at Christians.

yep..as far as I am concerned Satanist are just ex Chrisitians holding a grudge..it is fake Paganism

Ding ding ding... bionic wins the prize.

You can't be a satanist without first being a bible-believer. And, if you believe the bible and still worship the evil loser, then you've certainly got issues and more likely, you are -- like bionic said -- holding some kind of grudge or hatred toward God for not doing something for you in your life.

Sort of like Ted Turner, who renounced his faith and turned "Humanist" because God let his sister die. Problem is, Ted, you can't hold a grudge against a God you don't believe in... duh.... :roll:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts