The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Wind

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby jaydeehess » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you Cole, yes I am ok, thank you. Hope 2012 finds you hale and healthy as well.

Definately a 4 seasons climate here. Summer starts about May 20 and goes to the Sept long weekend although occassionally we are doing fine right from May 01 to half way through Sept. This year we were still swimming in the lake on Sept 20th it was so mild. OTOH we also get a benefit from long days. On June 20 even at 11 pm there can be a slight glow on the north horizen(if its a clear night) and the sun's back up above the horizen at 4:30 am Its does get into the high 30's Celcius as well (38 C = 100 F) and I have experienced it being +40 C here, in my lifetime. Of course it can also get to -45 C in the winter, although it usually gets no colder than about -30 C and only for a few weeks. -20's are common at this time of year , average nighttime low is IIRC about -15. Yesterday our daytime high was +6 C and it was clear skies!
This morning the wind was slight and from the north though and its about-7 to-10 C, and snowed lightly all day. We got about 4 inches.
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 pm

greeney2 wrote:This week our weather has been weather to kill for, in January. I mean perfect blue sky, 80 degrees, no winds. We spend 2 days down in Indio area, and it was post card perfect. For California, this is our normal weather, and why we are called Sunny California. Perfect for a ride out to the desert, or up the coast.

heh, heh..it's been great up here, too. So glad to be back in Cali!!! Sometimes I check Minnesotta's weather out just for a laugh. I know..evil.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 am

Here it comes again... :lol: Maybe I just never noticed as much in my youth, or maybe notice more so in my old age. :lol:

Wind advisories up from Canadian boarder to South of Arkansas, soon all points east of the Mississippi. Every system no matter how strong or how weak, is producing strong core winds these days.........Winds gusts here tomorrow up to 40 mph.......temps falling to the mid 20 by nightfall and a small bit of snow.....which will produce many traffic accidents.

Crazy stuff.........near 60 yesterday........25 with snow tomorrow.......

La-------Nina....( sic ) one wacky girl.. :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:49 am

Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 am

Smacked again.................more chainsaw work..........Twister near to Louisville................trees down......................roofs damaged. I wish I knew WTF is up with all this damn wind.

It's relentless...................reports of a mile wide path of damage in So IN...Near to the Ville............man.. I've lost count of these things...simply ridiculous.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 am

Mother Nature runs the show, and we are in a very interesting time. What is unpresidented is the Mayan calendar, and what event took place 5200 years ago. A special had University of Ohio well known professor, going to Peru with an expedition, to explore the receeding glacier in which the melt now has revieled anchient greenery/grass dating 5200 years ago is now being exposed. What ever happened 5200 years ago buried this grass, and it is now exposed again, as the glacier melts back.

We are in a weather pattern at least not seen in 5200 years, in terms of average earth temp, allowing these 17,000 ft high glaciers to melt back to far. The same is happening in the polar ice caps, Antartica breaking off unpresidented large pieces as big as Rhode Island. We need to wake up that what ever man has added to the natural hot and warm periods, we are added enough to tilt the balance way out of kilter.

We are killing this planet, and if we do not get control of ourselves, the next 100 years may have us back in the stone age.
greeney2

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't know Greeney, I've not gone much past the Global warming clowns to form my own opinion on what's really going on..............I do know that they've been very very quiet these past few months, probably due to the Arctic gaining sea ice at an unreal rate...........The Bearing Strait froze over quicker than usual this season.................It's why they've focused on the Russian Tanker and the fuel business.............ice breakers and the like..................Never mind it's like 30 below zero everywhere North of Fairbanks to the Pole..........they don;t want to focus on that.............Go Figure.

As for the South Pole............I'm sure the ebb and flow will have it melting it's butt off these next few years. Nevertheless change is indeed upon this planet, so much so that folks in the business are saying the dumbest of things.

Just today a hydrologist in Louisville was interviewed after this latest round of severe weather.................He said " IT'S NOT THAT UNUSUAL THESE DAYS "....

Surely he's spouting the PTB BS Propaganda ( jmho ) yet he forgets----------I've lived in this area for 30 years, and being a weather buff I know what I'm talking about..............NEVER-----------and I mean NEVER have we ever had such prolonged wind/storm events stretch out and hold together for over a thousand miles distances with such regularity.............It's simply not normal, and honestly, irritating as hell.

To be fair, I have seen it happen in the winter, but as I say, Never this often.

There are far too many things to list that this type of weather affects, it'd take ten solid pages of posts to cover even half of it.

When it begins to affect people from a psychological standpoint that should tell folks that something is indeed amiss.

When I got up at 5:15 am this morning it was 63 degrees outside...............it's 34 out right now and headed straight down.......The only positive thing is the freaking wind has slacked off to a mere 20 mph. :lol:

Mark my words.............A severe Blizzard is in the works for the Mid-West, one that will make history..........just call it a gut feeling....but once that air in the Arctic breaks off and heads south.........all it needs is one of these freaking monster Low pressure systems to sync up with and it's on like Donkey Cong ........... :lol:

For the First time in recorded history it's yet to drop below zero in St Paul Minnesota THIS SEASON ..................HISTORY.............Maybe it'll do it in April..................or May.... :shock:

Yes I agree completely................strange times indeed.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:46 am

greeney2 wrote:Mother Nature runs the show, and we are in a very interesting time. What is unpresidented is the Mayan calendar, and what event took place 5200 years ago. A special had University of Ohio well known professor, going to Peru with an expedition, to explore the receeding glacier in which the melt now has revieled anchient greenery/grass dating 5200 years ago is now being exposed. What ever happened 5200 years ago buried this grass, and it is now exposed again, as the glacier melts back.

We are in a weather pattern at least not seen in 5200 years, in terms of average earth temp, allowing these 17,000 ft high glaciers to melt back to far. The same is happening in the polar ice caps, Antartica breaking off unpresidented large pieces as big as Rhode Island. We need to wake up that what ever man has added to the natural hot and warm periods, we are added enough to tilt the balance way out of kilter.

We are killing this planet, and if we do not get control of ourselves, the next 100 years may have us back in the stone age.

we are definately in for a crazy ride, that's for sure
All we can do is our part..to try to the best of our abilty, given who we are and what our live's journey has led us to..to live a good life, a respectful life..of ourselves..each other..our planet..our shared reality..we are all only human, after all
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 am

I'll do my part and cut back on the refritos. My wife cooks Mexican about 3 nights a week. The methane gas produced in this old body is enough to produce a greenhouse effect on just about any average-sized planet.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby jaydeehess » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Well I jinxed it!

For the last week or so we have had below average temps. Today's high was -22C and there is a 15 Km/h north wind and light snow.

Forecast is for warming temps by the weekend though, back above average. For that matter, -22C is far from the worst cold snaps we get here, its just that with the warmer stuff since Sept we are all pussys about it. A normal winter would have seen -30 at least for a couple of days by now but so far so good.

As for "Global Warming" , that is a misnomer. The proper term is "Global Climate Change" as it can cause some areas to actually cool rather than warm. For eg. loss of glacier ice in the Arctic will cause the Arctic zone waters to become less saline. That in turn will slow down the Atlantic conveyor part of which is the Gulf Steram. Slower Gulf Stream means warmer Gulf of Mexico but colder NewFoundland, Iceland and England. But the Global average will be up.

You can have a cooler summer but a warmer winter and if the winter temp goes up more than the summer temp goes down you have an average warming but it would not seem to be so since your summer would suck.

Of course changing ocean currents and surface temps is going to throw 'normal' weather patterns awry. That may be what we are seeing happen now. Cole feels that the winds are greater than they have been. Quite possible. Greater differences between low and high pressure systems would do that, and locally if the jetstream has planted itself in a slightly different way you may experince a more direct hit from low pressure systems than before.
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts