The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

favorite firearms...

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby ricardo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:45 pm

for long distance multiple targets : heckler and Koch 91 standard stock
chambered in 308 bi pod not tri pod accessory .

side arm s
sig 357
Hk vp70z 9mm 4moving parts- interesting safety .( shotgun cross bolt)
and vicious trigger pull that is variable aprox 20 at the beginning and lessening
to < 5 this weapon has an police variety that has an '3 shoot burst
mode' selector switch . ( optional shoulder stock.)

survival rifle/ shotgun

ruger 10/22 in 22cal it floats and can store the rifle barrel in the stock.

shotgun: benelli m2 tact 12 gauge semi auto. (as fast as you can pull the trigger.)
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 am

ok , GLOCK is definitive for $ 500 price price gun. can hammer nails all day too.

what about conceal and carry ? and dependability ?

why doesn't the revolver or wheel gun retire ?

they have many parts ? (less capacity. )

wheel gun or semi auto ?
ricardo

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:19 pm

For CC? You want something that's small, but carries a lot of rounds. I wouldn't know much else, since I've never need to CC, but a revolver wouldn't be ideally for it. Cole_Trickle knows a little bit more about it, you should try asking him.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:18 pm

I've never fired a gun in my life but I would love to for the first time with a Maucer C96 "Red 9" from playing a lot of Resident Evil 4. I really like the mechanical and artistic appearance of the Red 9 with a stock. Practically I would like a bolt action rifle of some caliber to be the first gun I fire. A .223 is another rifle from RE4 that I have been told is pretty mild for a first time shot.
"That's the problem with drinking ... If something bad happens you drink in attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen." -- Charles Bukowski
adamwarlock2099

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Whenever I go to the gun show down here there's this one guy with crates full of C96's and Lugers. He's always asking big money for 'em though. I'd throw the cash down if I had it though.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 pm

The only firearm I currently see a use for, is one for the defense of my home. And in that case, I would want something that will stop an intruder on the first shot. Once I pull the trigger, I don't want the perp able to come at me or fire back. But, just in case the guy is 300 lbs. and powered up on crack and adrenaline... I want a semi auto for multiple shots.

I think the .50 caliber, gas-powered Desert Eagle is the best choice.

Another fine choice for home defense would be the AA-12. Ain't NOBODY gettin' up after being on the wrong end of one of these bad boys... I mean... a 300-RPM fully automatic 12-guage shotgun????? LOL... Ok I want this.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 pm

boys and their guns..I would mention some..but in the last gun thread around here ..all I did was mention was pepper spray..and then pepper spray went crazy in the world..so now..I am paranoid..and terrified... to mention any weapon of any sort
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 pm

bionic wrote:boys and their guns..I would mention some..but in the last gun thread around here ..all I did was mention was pepper spray..and then pepper spray went crazy in the world..so now..I am paranoid..and terrified... to mention any weapon of any sort

Use reverse psychology and suggest flowers and chocolates.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

The "36 barrel prototype" by Metal Storm in Australia should be your first and foremost stop in all things defense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Storm#MAUL

In all seriousness, please don't derail the thread. Ricardo is asking a legitimate question, and it should first and foremost remain that way.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby bionic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:21 am

frrostedman wrote:
bionic wrote:boys and their guns..I would mention some..but in the last gun thread around here ..all I did was mention was pepper spray..and then pepper spray went crazy in the world..so now..I am paranoid..and terrified... to mention any weapon of any sort

Use reverse psychology and suggest flowers and chocolates.

you funny!! I have been pushing flowers..choclate, maybe I should push, too..but only dark choclate..becaue it is the one that is good for you..in moderation..even though good milk chocolate is so fing delicious you just wanna drown in it..whatever...

will this lead to...death by chocolate and alllergies (to certain flowers)??!!

we'll see..
scarily..it probably will
:lol:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts