The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tim Tebow's God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Is Tim Tebow God's gift to marketing?

Tim Tebow is a cultural tsunami.
By Ron Chenoy, US PRESSWIRE

Tim Tebow kneels in prayer before
the Denver Broncos played the Pittsburgh
Steelers on Sunday.

Were you talking about anyone else Monday morning? Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich facing off in New Hampshire today? Your boss? Weekend movies?

Doubtful.

The Denver Broncos quarterback — a fervid evangelical blessed with more piety than passing skills — took 11 seconds to rip off the longest overtime touchdown pass in the shortest overtime in playoff history Sunday night, lofting his team into the second round of the NFL playoffs.

Now, Tebow-talk has swept the nation:

•His against-all-odds heroics (admit it, you thought the Steelers would crush him) brought CBS a mind-blowing 25.9 overnight rating, the best for a wild card football game in almost 25 years.

•Sports websites staggered under an onslaught of hits. NFL.com reported that views of videos in the hour after the game were up 385% from Wild Card Sunday last year.

•Tebow hit more than 1 million mentions on Twitter alone. On Sunday night, the rate of tweets announcing the victory hit 9,420 per second...

•Both Tebow and his favorite Bible verse, John 3:16, placed in the top three Google Trends for most of Monday. Many noted he threw for exactly 316 yards, an unintentional allusion to the Bible verse he etched into his eye black while winning national championships at the University of Florida.

•NFL sales of Tebow's No. 15 Broncos jersey are second only to those for Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, who won the Super Bowl last year.

But the Tebow wave was rolling well before Sunday. He may be the national figure best known for his evangelical Christian faith after evangelist Billy Graham, says Mark Coppenger, a professor at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville and director of the seminar's Nashville campus.

"He's no milk-toast Christian. He's not just wearing a WWJD bracelet. He's not a flash-in-the-pan famous fellow who might embarrass believers. He embodies a joyful consistent, compelling Christian life," Coppenger says.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

He's a good kid. Pure and simple.

This one really got the feminists boiling last superbowl. Remember?

I'm sure the Huffington Post and all the pro-abortion groups and feminists are just waiting.. foaming at the mouth.. waiting for one little slip up... to pounce and rip the man to shreds in the media. He's probably got more of a bullseye on him than most if not all Conservative politicians.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:20 am

he seems really..a nice person..also..cute..which should not count..but..as..a female..well..cute
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 am

I seriously do not understand the hatred aimed at him or Justin Bieber. It's like people hate them for the sake of it. Some of those people are down right insane. It's like our society hates when good things happen to good people. Sure I ribbed him a bit when he was at Florida but that was good clean SEC football smack talk.

Postby qmark » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:06 pm

I think it is fairly easy to understand. There is a spiritual war going on which manifests itself from time to time in the physical realm. With Tim Tebow, their hatred is more directed at what he represents. This country is not what it was even just a few decades ago. It's opinion of Christianity has been eroding ever so slowly. And by that I mean Christians that take their faith seriously.

As for Bieber its simple. He's terrible. I didn't think it was possible to murder Christmas music, but he did. What bothers me about him, and maybe my beef is with the music industry today in general, but I believe him and most of the acts today are just basically fabrications, puppets on a string. I think it all started with Don Kirshner and the Monkees, which I liked.
qmark

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 pm

That's one hell of a reason to send someone a death threat though. :roll: The only reason people like me even know that kid exists is because of the people that hate him. I know who Tim Tebow is because I am a fan of NCAA football.

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:33 am

Rykuss wrote:I seriously do not understand the hatred aimed at him or Justin Bieber. It's like people hate them for the sake of it. Some of those people are down right insane. It's like our society hates when good things happen to good people. Sure I ribbed him a bit when he was at Florida but that was good clean SEC football smack talk.

You really hit the nail on the head... from start to finish with that post. I think the sentiment you are talking about is what mostly fueled the Occupy Wall Street ridiculousness. Society today hates people that are successful. But it's a selective hatred. Notice they don't hate (mature) famous pop stars or actors.
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:36 am

Actually as far as Justin Bieber goes, I think most people just pretend to hate him because somehow it became a trend. The same kind of trend that Chuck Norris benefits from. Death threats? Well true.. that's flat out insanity. No place for that.
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 am

Rykuss wrote:I seriously do not understand the hatred aimed at him or Justin Bieber. It's like people hate them for the sake of it. Some of those people are down right insane. It's like our society hates when good things happen to good people. Sure I ribbed him a bit when he was at Florida but that was good clean SEC football smack talk.

I agree!!!
:clap:
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 am

frrostedman wrote:Actually as far as Justin Bieber goes, I think most people just pretend to hate him because somehow it became a trend. The same kind of trend that Chuck Norris benefits from. Death threats? Well true.. that's flat out insanity. No place for that.

I adore the kid, as you know
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts