The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Feeling Down?: Remember this

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby The_Joker » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

A well-known speaker started off his seminar holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it...?" Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air. "My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson.

No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you.

The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special-Don't EVER forget it." If you do not pass this on, you may never know the lives it touches, the hurting hearts it speaks to, or the hope that it may bring. Count your blessings, not your problems
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 am

I see some truth in that but, it's apples to oranges.

People CAN decrease their overall value (value being what the rest of the world thinks they are worth) if they make poor decisions and hurt others. What's worse is, sometimes people can get a horrible reputation over something that isn't even their fault.

As far as SELF-worth goes, no, that can't be touched. I'll think the same negative and postive things about myself no matter what happens. :|
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby The_Joker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:59 am

Bloody hell ... there is no pleasing some people... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
The_Joker

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:10 am

money is an illusion..it's a metaphore...we pretend ii is a stand in for trade of goods and services(money started out origonally as 'promise notes', fyi)..that's all..an exchange of energy..of a sort..that we have collectively, decided upon..money is ajoke..and a very serious one.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 pm

The_Joker wrote:Bloody hell ... there is no pleasing some people... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:34 pm

The_Joker wrote:Bloody hell ... there is no pleasing some people... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THAT post pleased me. :wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Nesaie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:25 pm

I liked it Joker. Thanks. :D
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:53 am

That's a nice post. I have been hard on myself and down on myself lately, due to my secular work and financial situation. In the last six months I have been unemployed and underemployed. I have had to take my wife from being at home and she's had to work too. I've always been able to provide for my family on my own up until now and I really find that a fault of my own. A shortcoming, something that I am inefficient at.

I will try to think better of myself, but I can't promise anything. As long as finances and insufficient pay on my part obligate my wife to work, I am going to have a hard time feeling worthy.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:51 am

oh Adam..
so many wives have to work..our country is having really hard financial times right now
a husband and a wife are a team
when one is stumbling the other is there to pick up the slack
this process goes back and fourth through the years
that is how it should work
I am actaully going back to school to reup my beauty license
I want to get back to work and not just for the money..but to get back into life
not working..a woman can become too dependent on her H..which is not good for either of them
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts