The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

Do you ever think that...

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby event_horizon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm

...this planet is punishment for something you did somewhere else?

I don't usually believe in metaphysical things like this, but sometimes it makes me wonder.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:35 pm

No.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:13 pm

at1with0 wrote:No.

Why do you think "no" though?

Even though (you know) I don't like you, I'd still like to know...why do you think "no?"
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:38 pm

No.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:08 am

First, the answer is no, secondly do you think you are being punished EH? Punished by who?
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:43 pm

greeney2 wrote:First, the answer is no, secondly do you think you are being punished EH? Punished by who?

I don't actually believe this. It's just hypothetical question. I'm curious to see what others may think about it.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:44 pm

frrostedman wrote:No.

:lol:

Please, elaborate.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Same question back at you EH, elaborate your hypothetical thinking. Why would you "wonder" at all, if you didn't believe in metaphysics or God, and who would be punishing anyone if that was the case?
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Well, the reason I "wonder" is because life on this planet can be so screwed up a lot of the time, and I feel like I don't deserve it. But...you can pretty much chalk that up to "that's life"..."trials and tribulations" and all that. But...

Sometimes I feel like an alien...like I'm on a-whole-nother level than this place. And perhaps that's just the natural arrogance in me saying that, but this life just seems to be too petty. The whole daily grind of the endless pursuit of money to survive...spending most of your waking hours trying to earn it, and not enough time to enjoy it, then you die and can't take any of it with you. It's just stupid. We should all be naked on a beach.
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:56 pm

event_horizon wrote:...this planet is punishment for something you did somewhere else?

I don't usually believe in metaphysical things like this, but sometimes it makes me wonder.

I have actually wondered that before..like, we are some kind of insane aylum or hopsital for the fooked up ones

but truly..life is what you make it..and also...not

http://marilee.us/desiderata.html
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts