The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Pujols Signs With Angels for a Quarter Billion

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Wing-Zero » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 pm

at1with0 wrote:Is Vladamir Guerrero still playing for the Angels? If so they will make a potent 3/4 combo...

Vladie left back in '05. I think he's playing for the... Orioles now?
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:03 pm

at1with0 wrote:Is Vladamir Guerrero still playing for the Angels? If so they will make a potent 3/4 combo...

I think the Braves should make a deal to get Guerrero. With Guerrero batting 3rd, Dale Murphy batting 4th, and Niekro on the mound, we'd be unstoppable!
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 am

frrostedman wrote:Pujols is gold. Best player in baseball. Well best hitter at least. I can see a time signing him for 2nd fattest contract ever, but, I don't understand the Cardinals not hanging on to him. Maybe they had no choice, don't know.

Believe as you wish------------no difference to me. Back last year his deal was coming to an end......EVERYONE knew it............The Cardinals had the opportunity to handle it THEN and just didn't HANDLE IT PROPERLY----------That was the main issue.....Albert felt slighted, got his feelings hurt...........when they didn't reach an agreement both sides decided not to talk about the contract until after the season ended-----( only by an almost miracle ) The cards win the series..........less than a week later Tony resigns........See he knew what had happened, said he had done enough, been away from his family almost forever........I say he knew Albert was gone and so he leaves...............maybe he didn't like what was done to Albert---who knows?

The Marlins offered just as much yet he turned them down, St Louis was around 200 mill for 5 or 6 years----------------so in the end was it really about money? I don't think so....Albert said it was about commitment which in my opinion is code for " after all I've done you wouldn't give me a NO TRADE CLAUSE "

Anyway I've a friend who's Mom works in the Card Organization..........Just like when Pettitt ( sic ) became a free agent, the Cards refused to pay up and it had a hand in them getting dusted by Boston in 4 back in 04.........just stupid to interview a guy when you know you're not going to pay up.........

This has been going on ever since the Bud family sold the team..........Current owners run a tight ship, just like a business.............No way they were ever going to give Albert any more than a 5-6 year deal.......NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

So he's gone.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Now hearing the usual BS coming from Albert's wife....according to her she says Albert was disrespected by the St Louis initial offer.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME---Damn I hope she didn't really say that.............If so I've a different opinion in regard to the Machine and I
ll start eating crow forthwith ...........how stupid.

Offered the third highest contract in baseball history and you were insulted-----------WTF.........R U SMOKING???????????????

No freakin wonder I gave up season tickets and all desire to EVER see another game live.................clowns~

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:18 am

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 am

Now that is spam. :P
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Albert's wife still yacking............angry at everyone, even God! :lol: :lol:

I stick by my original post................Albert felt slighted and there's an end to it. Nothing more and nothing less..........such a shame.

Dan Patrick says St Louis offered a 5 year deal................I think he's speculating a tad bit.......but maybe not....Surely not getting it done by the beginning of the season was the final nail in the coffin.. JMHO but would bet a bunch on it...................Pride.............what a shame.

The Machine is the very best hitter of my generation, only George Brett, Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn, and Rod Carew are even close---------and they faced a different kind of relief pitcher back then, Mattingly-----yeah he's in the mix -------------but Albert~~~~they don't call him the machine for nothing. What a hitter. Cardinal baseball just isn't gonna be the same next season.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts