The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Pujols Signs With Angels for a Quarter Billion

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:41 pm

What in the world were the Cardinals thinking? You'd think once a team wins a world series, they would do everything in their power to keep the winning team together! :?:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... 51750952/1
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 pm

pfft..
ignore the fiction
''The TEAM is SO ON!!!!!
and I know ..that you know..that ..I know..that you know
:P
keep the faith!!!
frankly..it's your reason for existing..so there
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:44 pm

My God, 254 million to catch a damn ball? Well, at least now I might get a chance to see the Angels win another World Series.

Go Anaheim.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby thunder » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 pm

nope wing-zero its to hit the ball not catch it. there is no way that can make the money to pay all the players. the tickets are higher now then ever. what will thay be when the new season starts? pricing there selves out of buisness is an understatement. :crazy: :think: :thumbdown:
thunder

Postby frrostedman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Pujols is gold. Best player in baseball. Well best hitter at least. I can see a time signing him for 2nd fattest contract ever, but, I don't understand the Cardinals not hanging on to him. Maybe they had no choice, don't know.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:32 pm

So... St. Louis won the world series, eh?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 pm

at1with0 wrote:So... St. Louis won the world series, eh?

And I thought I was a hermit. Your post has been reported as Spam®, due to poor quality.
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 am

Don't we all wish our pay exploded for having a good run at work? For doing the job we were already paid to do. God Bless him but is anyone really worth that much over 10 years? Round it off to 25M per year, and round that off to 200 games a season if they go to win the world series. That means he gets $125,000 per game, or about $13,000 per inning, in which he may not bat more than 5 times in a game. Thats $2200 per at bats, and if he strikes out in 3 swings, thats $725 for every swing of the bat. Outrageous if you ask me.

Mickey Mantle broke the barrier of the first to be paid over $100,000 for a season, and that was not until the 60's. OJ Simpson broke the barrier to be first to reach $600,000 for a season with Buffalo. And even those numbers made people gasp, when a highly paid airline pilot made about $50,000, adn $25,000 was considered a very high paying executive position per year.

Sorry but the money these sports figures make is out of control. They say the Pacqeo/Mayweather fight will be a $100M fight. Its all getting ridiculas.

Use that logic on your own pay right now, how much you would be making per task on your own job.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:25 am

Is Vladamir Guerrero still playing for the Angels? If so they will make a potent 3/4 combo...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not so sure if Gene Autry were still alive and running the Angels, if he would have come close to that offer. I might be wrong, but think Gene was not one to pay these kind of deals.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts