The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Jesus the promiscuous

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:05 pm

frrostedman wrote:As disturbing as it may be to some, St. Paul, who was chosen to give the message to the rest of us in layman's terms, should be listened to and looked at as an example here.

He made no bones about it. Promiscuity is an abomination to God. Truth be told, it is better not be yolked in marriage to begin with, but if we choose to do so, we need marry a fellow Christian and should never, ever divorce unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances and we've done everythin possible to save the marriage. Paul avoided relationships entirely, as he saw a relationship as an obstacle that would possibly prevent him from carrying out his sworn duty to proclaim and explain the good news of the Gospel.

well..so there..then
the "pleasues of the flesh"...and such.. and so forth
( I disagree, but ..undersand..to me...one road...to me...the innevitable..is innevitable..regardless

all rivers lead ot the sea...eventually
Last edited by bionic on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Whatcha disagree with? Promiscuity being disallowed? C'mon, don't tell me that.

I wouldn't be surprised (as I agree) if you had an issue with Paul's urging us not to marry but, I think it was more of a personal choice for him. Afterall, he had a really important job and to my knowledge no one since has had THAT weighty of a responsibility since. Ministers/Pastors/Preachers, yes, they have a very important, similar job but they don't have the whole gentile world on their shoulders like Paul did. I could see where Paul just didn't have the time to be in a relationship but I wouldn't expect any of the rest of us to avoid marriage and become celibate -- unless we just make the personal choice to and that's ok if so.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

frrostedman wrote:Whatcha disagree with? Promiscuity being disallowed? C'mon, don't tell me that.

I wouldn't be surprised (as I agree) if you had an issue with Paul's urging us not to marry but, I think it was more of a personal choice for him. Afterall, he had a really important job and to my knowledge no one since has had THAT weighty of a responsibility since. Ministers/Pastors/Preachers, yes, they have a very important, similar job but they don't have the whole gentile world on their shoulders like Paul did. I could see where Paul just didn't have the time to be in a relationship but I wouldn't expect any of the rest of us to avoid marriage and become celibate -- unless we just make the personal choice to and that's ok if so.

I thin..if you know you cannot be faithful..you should not marry

but these days..all the divorce and remarriage and half brothers and sisters running all over the place

I think people need to learn to be way more forgiving of others and of themselves

and more open minded

and gracious

to be single and fine with it..or two be married and fine with it..these are ideals

we are all only human, after all

we live in such strange times
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts