The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Ancient Aliens: The Series

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 pm

antz123 wrote:i dont know about rest of you guys... but this series is nothing compared to last 2 series.

Another Discovery series called "Dark Matters : Twisted but true" is good fun

Lately episodes do seem to be grasping at anything and saying there's a connection. Stuff like the Undead had little to do with what the title implied. There are other episodes but I can't remember the name. And I know I'm going to catch hell for this but Mr. Tsoukalos seems to be the worst offender in this case. It's good that he's putting the work in and remains an inspiring person, but at this point he should take a step back and review what's already been put out there.

As for Dark Matters I saw the pilot episode over the weekend. The stories weren't new to me but still interesting. Especially when it implied there was something to the Philadelphia Experiment
and Carlos Allende's connection. Plus I love that John Noble is the host. :thumbup:

antz123 you should start a thread for the show. I'd like to discuss it's stories.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Dark Matters?
I had not heard of it..looking up now
thanks for the heads up
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby shadowcass » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:20 am

You know...it amuses me when people try to use the Bible to prove some "Ancient Aliens" theory and proceed to get all their facts wrong.

The Philistines grab the Ark of the Covenant (it's in Chapters 4 and 5of 1st Samuel) and it reads: (beginning with the tenth verse of the 4th Chapter: "10And the Philistines fought, and Israel was smitten, and they fled every man into his tent: and there was a very great slaughter; for there fell of Israel thirty thousand footmen.

11And the ark of God was taken; and the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, were slain.

12And there ran a man of Benjamin out of the army, and came to Shiloh the same day with his clothes rent, and with earth upon his head.

13And when he came, lo, Eli sat upon a seat by the wayside watching: for his heart trembled for the ark of God. And when the man came into the city, and told it, all the city cried out.

14And when Eli heard the noise of the crying, he said, What meaneth the noise of this tumult? And the man came in hastily, and told Eli.

15Now Eli was ninety and eight years old; and his eyes were dim, that he could not see.

16And the man said unto Eli, I am he that came out of the army, and I fled to day out of the army. And he said, What is there done, my son?

17And the messenger answered and said, Israel is fled before the Philistines, and there hath been also a great slaughter among the people, and thy two sons also, Hophni and Phinehas, are dead, and the ark of God is taken.

18And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.

19And his daughter in law, Phinehas' wife, was with child, near to be delivered: and when she heard the tidings that the ark of God was taken, and that her father in law and her husband were dead, she bowed herself and travailed; for her pains came upon her.

20And about the time of her death the women that stood by her said unto her, Fear not; for thou hast born a son. But she answered not, neither did she regard it.

21And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.

22And she said, The glory is departed from Israel: for the ark of God is taken.

Chapter 5:
"1And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.

2When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.

3And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.

4And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.

5Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.

6But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.

7And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god.

8They sent therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said, What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel? And they answered, Let the ark of the God of Israel be carried about unto Gath. And they carried the ark of the God of Israel about thither.

9And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts.

10Therefore they sent the ark of God to Ekron. And it came to pass, as the ark of God came to Ekron, that the Ekronites cried out, saying, They have brought about the ark of the God of Israel to us, to slay us and our people.

11So they sent and gathered together all the lords of the Philistines, and said, Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and let it go again to his own place, that it slay us not, and our people: for there was a deadly destruction throughout all the city; the hand of God was very heavy there.

12And the men that died not were smitten with the emerods: and the cry of the city went up to heaven."

It is to be noted that an invasion of mice (rats?) accompanies these swellings. The more likely identification is not with radiation poisoning but with Bubonic Plague. Plague and disease accompany God when He is on the warpath.
cf Psalm 91

It is amazing to me that people are so desperate to try to find some OTHER explanation for Biblical events that they even drag in hypothetical ancient aliens (no more scientific evidence for that then there is for saying "God did this"---yet people feel they are being somehow more scientific if they leave out God.

Yet science is supposed to be about the Search for Truth.

Frankly, when you begin a priori by determining to ignore all the evidence that points to God at LEAST as much as it does any other hypothesis and then proclaim your alternate (and equally unproven and unprovable) hypothesis AS the truth you're not much of a scientist and I don't care what college you work at :)
shadowcass

Postby bionic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Gotta love God..if you don't it might smite you..it's got an ego, that one..apparently
God needs to humble itself before itself, I say
God to God, "Here we go again"
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby antz123 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:00 am

@WA

yeah, Noble's baritone voice itself adds another dimension. true most stories are old but who visualization was done interestingly.

made a new thread:) ... also another suggestion on that thread.

@Shadow Case
don't fire at me for saying something unorthodox, i respect all religions but same time i feel religions are nothing more than social + moral doctrines which heads of a society came up with to keep people/masses in line.

In Hinduism most of the literature is a human's interpretation of Godly Way. Except for Geeta which was supposedly written verse to verse as "God" spoke. Same might apply to other religions. Somewhere these written religions is nothing more than passing of a bill in Parliament. they see lot of mugging happening and thus came a law "thou shall not harm others". now we see unemployment so a job-creation bill is passed. Don't go on dissecting my example it is just said as to state a thought.

@Bionic
your comment made me think. In today's world we have Scientist who feel sort of arrogant on their knowledge are not open to new ideas. I mean anyone saying anything against theory of relativity is supposed to be nutcase. N then you have Spiritualist who bend science and transcend into a new and a higher plane of thoughts.
Similarly there can be two sort of Aliens, one who are like seeding planets, and working bit like President/Prime Minister in democracy and talk about "smiting" if you against their will. These are more like the God's mentioned I feel in most of the scriptures
Second could be other Aliens who were looking forward to a a better and may be more "intelligent" species who can inherit a planet and make something good out of it. And they too somewhere are mentioned in many literature.

Just random thoughts :)
antz123

Postby antz123 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 pm

new episode came out last night. They had nothing a week before
antz123

Postby WarAngel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I found an interesting piece in the episode Aliens and Evil Places. According to the episode there were at one time structures in Siberia which have a dome-like shape to them and have been described as "cauldrons." People have come down with strange illnesses when spending time near them and recover when they leave. It's theorized that it's a defense system of some kind. Either from space objects or opposing aliens. At present they are sunken into the ground.

Valley of Death Cauldron 01.jpg
Valley of Death Cauldron 01.jpg (132.72 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

Valley of Death Cauldron 02.jpg
Valley of Death Cauldron 02.jpg (12.43 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

Valley of Death Cauldron 05.jpg
Valley of Death Cauldron 05.jpg (18.91 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby antz123 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:10 am

nice find WA... gonna read up on that
antz123

Postby bionic » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:29 am

antz123 wrote:nice find WA... gonna read up on that

ditto
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:10 am

Really missing my satellite, nothing but local channels for me. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts