The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Other Paranormal and Occult

THE DARING OF THE DARK

The paranormal and occult have many sides, discuss all other paranormal/occult topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Postby shadowcass » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:53 am

All that I am going to tell you took place many years ago. . It would take us to the wilds of Koochiching County in Northern Minnesota to a place called Rainy Lake (where the Great Minnesota Gold Rush occurred, you know).

There were actually TWO Gold Rushes up thataway…the first in 1865 and the second in 1893. Many hopeful prospectors flocked to the elegant Rainy Lake Hotel

while hunting for a place to establish their Claim and where they would, of course, later build their sumptuous living quarters .

There really wasn’t all that much gold found during either rush and what WAS there actually cost more to get out of the ground than it was worth but the two part Minnesota Gold Rush did make ONE important contribution to our State (outside of the chuckles we get when thinking of the thousands of idiots who rushed off up there hoping to strike it rich). The Rush did pave the way for the later and much more lucrative Iron Mining Industry which really helped build Minnesota into the state it is today and thanks to which billionaire playboy and industrialist Tony Stark had something to make that suit of his out of.

**************************************************************************************************************

But all that is ancient history now. What brought me (Case manager Cassandra), Field Investigator Stephanie the Strange and Madame Ah-Na-Purr-Na,( the reincarnated Atlantean Priestess and Dionne Warwick’s MOST Psychic Friend) to Rainy Lake was a series of strange and horribly frightening events that plagued those who stayed in Room 103 at the Thunderbird Lodge on County Road 139 in International Falls, Minnesota (where the lake is).

I might as well tell you up front that if you call up the Lodge @ 1-800-351-5133 and ask to reserve Room 103 either Mary Jane or Rod Haanen will tell you that no such room exists or has ever existed at the Lodge.

****************************************************************************************************************

The call that same in at 3:05 PM on that Friday the 13th in November of 1998 began a series of events unlike anything we the Twin Cities Paranormal Research Team Incorporated had ever encountered.

The caller (whose name I must withhold for reasons of confidentiality but whom I will call “Mrs. Algernon Van Der Geld”) was from a terrified woman who (along with her husband and her young son) had spent the previous night in Room 103. Her husband had suffered a heart attack during the night and her daughter was pronounced to be in a catatonic state because of what they had heard, felt, and seen.

“Mrs. Van Der Geld” herself had not been present. She had had to attend a Charity Function in St Paul the day before and had flown up the next morning to find THIS.

“You must find out what it was that happened!” she cried. “And then I shall have a better idea of what legal action I may take.”

“Very well,” I told her. “My team will arrive there tomorrow. Please arrange to hold the room over for us.”

“I will,” said Mrs. Van Der Geld. “But I will not be staying.”

************************************************************************************************************

(to be continued)
shadowcass

Postby bionic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:57 am

I turly believe..we are protected
the voice in my head, says so
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to Other Paranormal and Occult

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts