The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Other Paranormal and Occult

Hoaxes: Yes or No

The paranormal and occult have many sides, discuss all other paranormal/occult topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Hoaxes and Disinformation

Everthing is either a Hoax or Disinformation. Nothing Paranormal exists.
No votes
Somethings are hoaxes or Disinformation. But some Paranormal things are real.
100%
Everything Paranormal related is true. Nothing is a lie.
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby WarAngel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:36 am

I was looking at the topics on the cover of my copy of "Investigating The Unexplained" by Paul Roland. It got me thinking about hoaxes. So I thought I should start a thread about what we believe is not true in the realm of the paranormal. Let's see what ya got.

I for one believe The Philadelphia Experiment did not happen as reported. That in reality it was a degaussing experiment.
Someone (Carlos Allende) heard the word "invisible" and turned it into a wild and untrue story.

I also question John Titor as legit. But I'm hopefull that he exists and his story is true.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby sandra » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:17 am

I would say many paranormal things are real as real is, however some things
in mainstream I would say can be closer to disinformation, disinformation
of real paranormal. Who is John titor I'm wondering. :eh:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby WarAngel » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 am

sandra wrote:Who is John titor I'm wondering. :eh:

According to message board posts John is a Time Traveler from a paralel universe. According to him attempts to travel through time automatically take the person to another universe. Some scientists have even theorized this would happen. Apparently you can stay within your own there's more work involved.

Anyway John claims to come from the year 2036. From an Earth where problems started in 2004. Around the time of the Presidential Election. Similiar to the problems we faced during that one but for his America thing became much worse. Eventually leading to a second Civil War between those in the cities and those in the country. Basically it came down to trading civil rights for security in the city or take your chances in the country. John says he served during the war in a "Shotgun Infantry Unit" in Florida at the age of 13. The name of his unit is the "Fighting Diamondbacks." He says the war "flares up and down" with "a Waco type event every month" until 2015 when a brief but brutal World War III breaks out. Russia launches nuclear weapons on the major cities in the U.S, Europe, and China. The American Federal Empire, European Union, and China are destroyed. Russia is the new America's largest trading partner and the capital is in Omaha Nebraska. Now the U.S. is split into 5 regions each with it's own President and life is more localized. There's also something about he traveled back in time to get an old type of computer that would help back in his time.

Some good sites on the subject are:

http://www.johntitor.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

The first is a compilation of information given and the Wikipedia article gives evidence against the story being true.

I'd like some parts to be true. Specifically where he says the world doesn't end in 2012. Allthough I'm not as concerned with that as I used to be. Still consider it from time to time. He makes alot of good point about civil rights and why we should improve ourselves and stop acting the way we do as a society now.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby thunder » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:39 pm

the way our rights are vanishing, this could all could be true. i hope not!
thunder

Postby shadowcass » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Yes, it would be very nice to accept Bob Goerman's so-called "Proof" that the Philadelphia Experiment (as reported) never happened. That is was just an exercise in degaussing (which i do to the screen of my monitor on a regular basis and so far it has not disappeared." But what gets left out of the "disinformation" articles by Mr. Goerman and others is the fact that when Charles Berlitz and Bill Moore researched their book they found other witnesses who corroborated Allende's version.

Including the scientist that Allende knew as "Franklin Reno" who chose that pseudonym based on this sign http://www.unusualresearch.com/drreno/renofrank.png

But even THEY refuse to give his true name...instead they call him "Dr. Rinehart which they borrow from the novel "Thin Air" by George E. Simpson and Neil R. Burger.

No, Allende's version of the Philadelphia Experiment has never been debunked.

Al Bielak's has...but not Allende's.

Morris K. Jessup's book THE CASE FOR THE UFO with Allende's annotations can be downloaded from here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... I64ISaEJ5Q

You can hear Morris K> jessup on various episodes of THE LONG JOHN NEBEL SHOW available from the Internet Archive:

here: http://www.archive.org/details/LongJohn ... dRayPalmer

and on the episode with George "Integraton" Van Tassel which has been removed from the Archive but can be downloaded for free from:

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=817 ... ing+Saucer

I mention this because too many people are writing about how depressed Jessup was and how gullible and so on when a mere listen to these will tell you he was neither.

And also...why has no one bothered to note that Robert A Heinlein who served in the United States Navy from 1931 under Ernest King and remained close friends with him was to write a novel about the applications of Einstein's Unified Field Theory called 6th Column (aka The Day After Tomorrow).

King was Chief of Naval Operations. His immediate boss?

James Forrestal...whose name comes up in the MJ-12 document also.
shadowcass

Postby WarAngel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Great find there. :thumbup: Thank you.

I'd like for The Philadelphia Experiment to turn out to be true. Especially if it connects to
The Montauk Project which mentions it. Both seem too far out there to be believed. But then I've never seen it NOT happen either. ;)
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Return to Other Paranormal and Occult

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts