The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

tv and film remakes

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby GeoJim » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I’ve just been watching some Sci-Fi remakes (Invaders from Mars and The Day the Earth Stood Still) and got to thinking why hasn’t anyone remade Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? If there ever was a childhood Saturday afternoon show that needed a revamp it’s this one.
Who would you cast as Buck? What about having Jennifer Aniston as colonel Dearing? Would you keep Tweaky the same?
GeoJim

Postby shadowfx » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:22 am

Ah a Buck Rogers remake would be awesome.
Tweaky should still be the same but with a more Asimo feel. Or heck even have Asimo do the part.
Jen Aniston would be a good fit.
For who to play Buck..... Hmm... Not sure about that one.
Depends on the feel of the movie. If they add a more comedic twist then someone like Vince Vaughn. If a more action type then I'm not sure.
shadowfx

Postby ironrose2000 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:20 am

Buck Rogers would, indeed, be flippin' sweet! And yeah, Aniston would be good, although I'm normally not her biggest fan. As for Buck, John C. McGinley for a slightly older Buck, or Jared Padalecki for a younger, maybe?
Life is a mystery. There are no clues. Poirot is on holiday. Good luck! - God.
ironrose2000

Postby shadowfx » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Just read where Frank Miller was tapped to direct a remake of Buck Rogers a while ago. But after the failure of "The Spirit" They pulled the idea.
shadowfx

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:06 am

I`m thinking, why doesn´t anyone come up with new stories and series instead of making remakes :roll:

IT´s getting boring.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby GeoJim » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:09 pm

I like the Tweaky twist with Asimo but I’m not sure about Vince Vaughn as Buck, John McGinley not bad, but he’d have to sort that blond curly hair out. I personally like the guy out of SG Atlantis, the colonel guy. I think he has the right mix of muscle and dry humour to pull it off.
I didn’t know that Frank Miller had the option for the remake, if I’d known I’d have made the effort of seeing “The Spirit”!
I’d also like to suggest the guy who directed and wrote Firefly Jess Wheeldon to direct the remake.
GeoJim

Postby shadowfx » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 am

I think I'm one of the few people that like The Spirit. :D
However, I'll admit it could have been done a bit better. But it really did follow in Frank Miller's Style.

On that note I also think I'm the only person that loved the movie Hudson Hawk. I still watch it at least once per year. My wife thinks it's crazy but alas she doesn't mind as long as she doesn't have to watch it. :lol:
shadowfx

Postby GeoJim » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 am

On that note I also think I'm the only person that loved the movie Hudson Hawk. I still watch it at least once per year. My wife thinks it's crazy but alas she doesn't mind as long as she doesn't have to watch it.

No mate I’m with you on that. Hudson Hawk is one of the most underrated films ever.
“Would you like to swing on a star?” How many minuets long is that? :lol:
GeoJim

Postby Shekem_ur_Shekem » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 am

The 6 million dollar man, who would today be the 6 billion dollar man.
Shekem_ur_Shekem

Postby bionic » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Shekum.ooh...I like that idea..
but also, a Buck Rogers remake would be awesome, fyi (I loved that cheesey tv series as a kid)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts