The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Falling Skies

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:35 pm

bionic wrote:right?
like somebody is trying to say something..to anyone... that might...listen

I mean that humanoid beings came from another world and shaped Human history etc.

Ok about the Season 1 finale of Falling Skies: WARNING SPOILERS!!!

:thumbup:
* Weaver's ability to command being questioned and his regaining of his "humanity" at the end.

* Another sighting of the boss aliens. I'm guessing their evolved from an aquatic species.

* Weaver actually survived.

* Dr. Glass in a relationship with anyone. :drool:

:thumbdown:
* Maybe next season Tom will stop thinking with a parent's mind, get his head in the game and stop being so concerned with his kids. I mean really...saying Ben can't go along eventhough he can help. Tactically bad move. Ever episode seems to fit something like this in.

* TNT ruined the ending by airing the clip of Tom saying "You take our kids and now you want to negotiate. That final scene would have been better had they not shown it in a comercial. It left me wondering if Tom would get captured. Him going with them isn't far off.

* The biggest shocker of the finale was that I'll have to wait a year to see the next episode.

* After the above I realize it'll happen a few months before the world ends. :x :roll:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Dr. Glass looks like Mary Magdeline from "Jesus Christ, Superstar" (the movie)

I thought the season finale was..thought provoking

I think it was a cool twist that even the Skinners were controlled slaves

The tall aliens did have a sort of fishlike, aquatic look to them..
Nommoslike
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 pm

bionic wrote:The tall aliens did have a sort of fishlike, aquatic look to them..
Nommoslike

I agree. I recently read about the Nommo. Intresting story about them. :thumbup:

After looking at "Slenders" (boss aliens) Wiki page
http://fallingskies.wikia.com/wiki/%22Slenders%22 and applying what scientific stuff I know I'm theorizing that they come from a low gravity water world. They much taller than anything that could naturally evolve on any planet with 1 Earth gravity.

I forgot a couple :thumbdown: about the finale
* Rick didn't bite it as he ran away to warn the Skitters.
* The implying that Colonel Porter died.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 am

I didn't read the thread in case of spoilers, but I just discovered this series in an advertisement for the new season I would imagine. I am going to track down some discs to rent to watch the first season and I will share my thoughts. It looked real interesting and it has been a while since I have had a good alien invasion jones satiated.

X-Files how I miss thee.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby WarAngel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 am

I looked at this page and I realize how long it's been since the episodes aired. I hope they replay the season.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

when is it coming back?
I heard it wasn't canceled..but it is feeling like it is..it's been a long time
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Tue May 29, 2012 3:32 pm

bionic wrote:when is it coming back?
I heard it wasn't canceled..but it is feeling like it is..it's been a long time

June 17th...the long wait is almost over. :wall:

I must see how the cliff hanger plays out. I partially guessed it because they spoiled parts in the trailers, but did not see the final scene coming as it did. Should make for a good premiere.

I've also heard that the 2nd Mass will be more mobile this season, instead of staying in one place. A smart move because their position has been compromised and if they use static defenses one attack could wipe them out.

I'd like to see someone reference Sun Tzu's Art of War and fight that way. I also hope that Colonel Porter somehow survived (it's only said that he died.) There should also be reports of other resistance cells, especially around the world as it's impossible that the main one is the only one.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby WarAngel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Am I the only one concerned about Charlston being a trap? :think: If I were Weaver or anyone at the 2nd Mass. I'd be cautiously optimistic. The location should be scouted first before sending everyone down there. Having a government and all the comforts of home seems to good to be true.

I like the idea of getting a world wide coordinated resistance going. And who knows, this Congress might be able to pass some legislation. :lol:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:34 pm

I have been VODing but haven;t watched yet (no goddamn time anymore..it seems..damn it)
but when I get a chnace to wathc..will comment...SO glad to see it back on TV
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 am

Something seems off about this whole Charleston thing. Sure everyone would be thinking it's the answer to their problems. One person imagines something and tell another, a rumor gets started and then it's thought of as fact. Maybe it even has some of that stuff...but what if it comes at a price?

What if Charleston is the concentration camp the Overlord spoke of? There could be many of them around the world and this is the one for the US. Japan and Madagascar could be others by themselves. Ireland could be another. So far all we have is someone in a plane saying "Go there. Everything will be fine."

We know Humans have openly worked for the aliens before with the group at the lodge last season, there are probably others. Also some people would take the deal feeling it was better than being dead.

Another that intrests me is the Overlord mentioning Earth along with others "spiraling out of control." Seems like they decided to police the galaxy and fix problems as they saw them. Maybe that's why they go to a world. They just happen to use mass murder as a catch all solution. They obviously don't want to exterminate Humans. They could have done that from space, either with bombs or a virus. Or toss those eye cyber bugs into the water and have them kill people who wouldn't even know there were aliens.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts