The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Falling Skies

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby WarAngel » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Ok so who else if anyone watched this new show last night? :?:

I thought it was great. First it's a change from the Hollywood formula of "aliens attack, we defeat them, the end." It's about the alien occupation of Earth and Humans trying to survive/fight a resistance war.

One of the best things about this show so far is the realistice take on the characters. They seem like real people with real problems. For instance loss of family and having to work together in an organized but informal way.

Having the aliens be non-humanoid is a great touch. They also don't speak in a way that we'd understand. So far much of them is a mystery. I hope it stays that way.

The cast works well. I wasn't a Noah Wyle fan before this but I think I'll be one now. Moon Bloodgood in a series is great. 8-) Will Patton does his thing as a tough guy leader and having real life retired Captain Dale Dye helps with the military aspect of both the character and the writing.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 am

I have it recorded to watch..will get back to you on it
:thumbup:
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Great episode (Sanctuary Part 1.) :thumbup:

Finally some more action, if only a small amount. Quite the twist at the end. :shock:

I had a sense things were a bit off in the final minutes. I guess it just felt like something wasn't on the level. It also seemed like a time when something could happen that the characters didn't expect. I'd been suspecting we'd see this kind of thing happen eventually. Just not so soon.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 pm

you have me intrigued..watching it RIGHT NOW
8-)
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby bionic » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am

I saw what you were getting at..
three points I took form it..
a..that the changed kids felt an affinity for the visitors..a bond had formed..the visitors, from their pov..helping and sort of caring for the kids, while using them..the kids feeling cared for..being cared for, even while being used..give and take..symbiosis
b...the people unchanged..fearing and not knowing how to deal with the changed kids
c...sell out people, giving kids to the visitors in some kind of trade agreement
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby bionic » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 pm

how cool that the "aliens" they knew so far were also "jacked" and controlled like the human kids that were taken over..and now another race has appeared on the scene!!

feels..familiar
:?
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm

bionic wrote:how cool that the "aliens" they knew so far were also "jacked" and controlled like the human kids that were taken over..and now another race has appeared on the scene!!

feels..familiar
:?

Yeah that's a game changer. :shock: Makes me wonder if that means that other races from other worlds have been conquered. :think: And it looks like the same will happen to a Human if their harnessed long enough.

Also I'd seeing the "boss" aliens. 8-) Look like stretched out Greys. This explains why the Mech are bi-pedal when the Skinners aren't.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:14 am

Bttle star Galactica comes to mind

actually many a sci fi show..especailly of late

the same story playing out in various ways..like somebody is trying to say something

like some kind of telepathic, "I can get in your head and inspire you in hope somebody will get the metaphore I keep throwing out", energy was involved

crazy, huh?
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

bionic wrote:Bttle star Galactica comes to mind

The same happens to me when I watch Ancient Aliens. The "events" described in the series play out in a way to what's said/implied by the new series' finale episode.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:19 pm

right?
like somebody is trying to say something..to anyone... that might...listen
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Next

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts