The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Leaning towards Reincarnation

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 pm

This is my own belief. I don't need proof. And you'll never see me get upset about someone criticizing it, because I'm secure about it.

Did I critisize you or just ask a question?
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Nesaie wrote: fundi-athiest.

There's no such thing as a "fundamental atheist":

http://atheism.about.com/od/isatheismda ... talist.htm
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:39 pm

greeney2 wrote:
This is my own belief. I don't need proof. And you'll never see me get upset about someone criticizing it, because I'm secure about it.

Did I critisize you or just ask a question?

Uhhhh...yes, you did. The comment "imaginary reasoning" is critical, is it not?

But why is it that most Christians get upset when someone criticizes their beliefs?...only people that are insecure about their beliefs get upset when someone criticizes them.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

but that's just what my logic tells me.

This is my own belief. I don't need proof.

Calling it imaginary reasoning is proper by your own words above. Your belief, no proof, and your own logic, is the same as imaginary reasoning of the senerio, hence from ones imagination only. Did I say imagining concepts is bad?
greeney2

Postby bionic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 pm

But why is it that most Christians get upset when someone criticizes their beliefs?...only people that are insecure about their beliefs get upset when someone criticizes them.

That's not a Christian thing, it's a people thing..about just about, anything.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby boastonline » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:42 am

Nesaie wrote:Hey Bostononline, I see you've met our resident fundi-christians and fundi-athiest.

I don't know if you know, but in some sects of Judaism, they too believe in reincarnation. Also, the early Jesus followers believed in reincarnation. From my studies, there is virtually no religion on earth that hasn't encountered or believed in reincarnation...why?

In Judaism there were some sects that placed numbers on lives. For instance, some believe humans only had 3 lives to "get it right".

Belief doesn't require evidence, although some beliefs can be changed due to evidence or lack there of, such as the belief in Santa. However, there are stories I've read that support reincarnation.

THANKS A LOT! This is wonderful information. It will help me in my studies for deciding my direction in life. Perhaps a religion.
boastonline

Postby event_horizon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:41 pm

greeney2 wrote:
but that's just what my logic tells me.

This is my own belief. I don't need proof.

Calling it imaginary reasoning is proper by your own words above. Your belief, no proof, and your own logic, is the same as imaginary reasoning of the senerio, hence from ones imagination only. Did I say imagining concepts is bad?

It's not "imaginary reasoning" though. The reasoning is based on the scientific law of conservation of energy. The "no proof" part of it is really no different than me saying I don't need proof that we're worm food, and you saying we're going to Fantasyland/"Hell" without proof.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:45 pm

bionic wrote:

That's not a Christian thing, it's a people thing..about just about, anything.

Yeah you can say that. But still, people who are insecure about their beliefs get upset when their beliefs are challenged. It's pretty rare that I see a Christian not get upset when their belief is challenged. I've never gotten upset when someone criticized me for being an atheist. I crack a smile. :)
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 pm

That's because you have a healthy self esteem, perhaps (lucky, rare , you) and a belief in..well..your beliefs *with just enough openess to be ..well..open)
healthy you
:thumbup:
I am, SERIOUSLY, coveting about right about now
:evil:
grr
my issue..my problem
:problem:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Nesaie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Hey, are you familiar with the Nag Hamadi?

The Dead Sea Scrolls?

If you're interested, here is a link:

http://gnosis.org/welcome.html

I like the word welcome :D
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts