The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Leaning towards Reincarnation

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby boastonline » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 am

My current findings in researching the scientific facts about Religion. That is facts about Supreme Beings, After-life, Heaven, Hell and spirits.

1. Faith is not proof. It is blind allegiance.
2. There is no known proof of any Alien Being Supreme or otherwise. (Sorry Black Vault, this is my belief about aliens)
3. There is no known proof of a Heaven or Hell.
4. Heaven and the Supreme Being concept are popular because they are "feel good/answer all" concepts. It was popular in the beginning as well as now to believe a dead loved one went to a better place (heaven). It was popular in the beginning as well as now to believe that if you don't understand something it is the doing of an (invisible) Supreme Being. Spirits is mostly an "answer all" concept.

5. Years ago I read about the boy from India who thought he had been someone else (reincarnated) in a previous life. He could describe many details of a person who had lived years before him. But not only that, he also had a mole on his chest that looked like a slash wound. It turned out that the person the boy thought he was had been killed by a knife that had been thrust into him at exactly the position of his mole. At that time I looked for more cases of ths and found very little. I thought maybe its a hoax and I need more cases. The other day I did an internet search on the subject again and I found a lot. There are reports of this phenomena all over the world. This is my interpretation of the studies.

1. Human to human reincarnation is indicated.
2. Two to seven years old is the best age for recalling a pastlife. Apparently past-life memories begin to be fade/erase/ or are overwritten by current life memories after the age of seven.
3. Traumatic death seems to be a requirement for past-life recall. That is; calm death will not allow for past-life recall from your re-incarnate. It must be traumatic.Burned in.?????
4. Traumatic death which leaves a scar such as a gunshot wound or a knife wound can be transferred in the form of a mole or discoloring.
5. This could be considered a spirit transfer. (for lack of a scientific explanation)

Anticipated Questions:
1. What about human to animal re-incarnation? No evidence of such.
2. What about wound transfer for a vaporized body such as in an explosion? (My guess) No trauma, no memory. Rebooted body or new body, no wound transfer.
3. Do humans reincarnate into two-year olds? No, we reincarnate into fetuses or newborns. Before the age of two we are unable to process the pastlife. Between the age of 2 and 7 we are able to process past life and block off current life memories. After the age of seven, current life memories overwhelm past life memories.
boastonline
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 10:02 am

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

The other day I did an internet search on the subject again and I found a lot. There are reports of this phenomena all over the world. This is my interpretation of the studies.


An internet search the other day is not a study whatsoever. Your conclusions of reincarnation and the related ages you are stating, is not a scientific study. There is no proof Reincarantion is real or possible, there is considerable proof we are born and die only once. There are endless and considerable artifacts, anchient writings, historical accounts, , world art, dating back centuries. The Vatican alone is repository of some of the most early and oldest relics of religion, and have been studied by the highest educational minds for centuries. They are not just a feel good bunch of books, and they are not a search on the internet the other day.

Those defining Faith of someone else only see Faith as blind if they do not understand the Faith. Those of Faith defining it about themselves have there own reasons, which are usually based on some experience or believe, which means it is not blind to them.

Please show a single place where the Blackvault claims that alien life or extraterestials exist? I know for a fact John has never given an opinion either way.
greeney2
 
Posts: 9671
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby bionic » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I have a very deep belief in reincarnation..but I am basically a Buddhist.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
User avatar
bionic
 
Posts: 9889
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby boastonline » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:49 pm

First I must correct something. I don't think that there is proof of aliens visiting us, but I do believe there are aliens in our Universe from the probability of us being the only ones in the vast universe.
Secondly, I believe in reincarnation but not Buddhism yet.

An internet search the other day is not a study whatsoever.
Its a matter of degree or literal meaning. I studied the research and have read about it before.

Your conclusions of reincarnation and the related ages you are stating, is not a scientific study.
The statistics that this scientist found was that a majority of the testimonials came from children between two and seven.

There is no proof Reincarantion is real or possible, there is considerable proof we are born and die only once.
In these many cases, each child recalls information about a deceased person. The information is incredibly detailed. How else would he know this information? Of course there's always the religious answer. God did it.

There are endless and considerable artifacts, anchient writings, historical accounts, , world art, dating back centuries. The Vatican alone is repository of some of the most early and oldest relics of religion, and have been studied by the highest educational minds for centuries. They are not just a feel good bunch of books, and they are not a search on the internet the other day.
These are the same people that claim the sons of Adam and Eve married even though there weren't any females beside Eve. These are the same people that claim that the Bible is written by God thru the people, even though they did not know that Dinosaurs ruled the world a majority of the time. These are the same people that claim that all of the animals of the world were saved from a flood by loading pairs of them up on a boat. These are the same people that are told time and time again that the Bible is mostly a collection of legends and parables, just a novel, but keep the so called FAITH.

Don't get me wrong. I like the compassionate side of religious values. But stay out of education or science. it does't belong there.
boastonline
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 10:02 am

Postby qmark » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Don't you just love know-it-alls.

boastonline wrote:I don't think that there is proof of aliens visiting us, but I do believe there are aliens in our Universe from the probability of us being the only ones in the vast universe.


So . . . you are believing in Aliens on faith? Very interesting . . .

boastonline wrote:In these many cases, each child recalls information about a deceased person. The information is incredibly detailed. How else would he know this information? Of course there's always the religious answer. God did it.


How else? Of course God would NOT do that because it would go against His Word. However, by process of elimination, who would have something to gain by doing that? This is just another possibility to be considered.

boastonline wrote:These are the same people that claim the sons of Adam and Eve married even though there weren't any females beside Eve.


Who said there weren't any females? Chapter 4 verse 3 says "in the course of time, Cain . . . ". The fact of the matter is, who knows how much time had passed and how much reproduction there was. The point the writer was making was the offerings to God by Cain and Abel, what was acceptable and what wasn't, and of course what is really in the heart of man.

boastonline wrote: These are the same people that claim that the Bible is written by God thru the people, even though they did not know that Dinosaurs ruled the world a majority of the time.


Dinosaurs are irrelevant. The Bible is about God's relationship with man and man's relationship with God.

boastonline wrote:These are the same people that claim that all of the animals of the world were saved from a flood by loading pairs of them up on a boat.


Were you there? How can you say with absolute certainty that this did not happen? Or are you just chosing to believe it didn't happen, taking it on faith in what some "expert" says. Again, very interesting.

boastonline wrote:These are the same people that are told time and time again that the Bible is mostly a collection of legends and parables, just a novel, but keep the so called FAITH.


Christians do not believe in God just because the Bible says so. That would be impossible. Without the witness of the Holy Spirit, the Bible is nothing more than words on a page.
qmark
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby event_horizon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I believe in a certain form of reincarnation. Not in the way most people think though.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Our bodies are made of energy, so when our bodies die (along with our consciousness) the energy that occupied it continues on. Of course that energy will be dispersed into many different types of things. And some of that energy could take the form of many nonliving things for millions or billions of years before it makes its way back into a living organism. It could be trillions or zillions of years before some of that energy makes its way back into an intelligent life form -- that energy might have to travel through black holes and go on into many different universes before it makes its way back into an intelligent life form. But it's not you that comes back...it's just the energy that was once a part of you. You are simply a borrower of that energy.

Sounds kinda grim I know, but that's just what my logic tells me.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby bionic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 am

I sometimes wonder if it works that way too..but I have had experience with..ghosts/spirits, I guess..and I am a fan of NDE stories
(but I realize all that could be some kinda delusional thinking kind of stuff..since you know..kinda crazy, me)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
User avatar
bionic
 
Posts: 9889
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 am

I believe in a certain form of reincarnation. Not in the way most people think though.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Our bodies are made of energy, so when our bodies die (along with our consciousness) the energy that occupied it continues on. Of course that energy will be dispersed into many different types of things. And some of that energy could take the form of many nonliving things for millions or billions of years before it makes its way back into a living organism. It could be trillions or zillions of years before some of that energy makes its way back into an intelligent life form -- that energy might have to travel through black holes and go on into many different universes before it makes its way back into an intelligent life form. But it's not you that comes back...it's just the energy that was once a part of you. You are simply a borrower of that energy.

Sounds kinda grim I know, but that's just what my logic tells me.


Other than your imaginary reasoning, any proof?
greeney2
 
Posts: 9671
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby event_horizon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:54 pm

greeney2 wrote:
I believe in a certain form of reincarnation. Not in the way most people think though.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Our bodies are made of energy, so when our bodies die (along with our consciousness) the energy that occupied it continues on. Of course that energy will be dispersed into many different types of things. And some of that energy could take the form of many nonliving things for millions or billions of years before it makes its way back into a living organism. It could be trillions or zillions of years before some of that energy makes its way back into an intelligent life form -- that energy might have to travel through black holes and go on into many different universes before it makes its way back into an intelligent life form. But it's not you that comes back...it's just the energy that was once a part of you. You are simply a borrower of that energy.

Sounds kinda grim I know, but that's just what my logic tells me.


Other than your imaginary reasoning, any proof?


This is my own belief. I don't need proof. And you'll never see me get upset about someone criticizing it, because I'm secure about it.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby Nesaie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Hey Bostononline, I see you've met our resident fundi-christians and fundi-athiest.

I don't know if you know, but in some sects of Judaism, they too believe in reincarnation. Also, the early Jesus followers believed in reincarnation. From my studies, there is virtually no religion on earth that hasn't encountered or believed in reincarnation...why?

In Judaism there were some sects that placed numbers on lives. For instance, some believe humans only had 3 lives to "get it right".

Belief doesn't require evidence, although some beliefs can be changed due to evidence or lack there of, such as the belief in Santa. However, there are stories I've read that support reincarnation.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
User avatar
Nesaie
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests