The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Netflix

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:12 am

I've noticed many many blockbusters have closed up, and I was given a 2 month present of Netflix so activated it. Wow, no wonder all the BB are closing up, and probably premium cable TV is taking a hit now too. I'm ashamed to tell you my basic cable bill, and we don't even look at most the extra premium channels.

I was utterly amazed, I put my first things in my Que, and they mailed the first one right away, got it in one day. Watched it, was amazed they come in returnable envelopes easy to reseal, postage is all paid both ways, and let the postman take it. Picked up at 4 PM out of my mailbox, by 9AM next morning, my email confirmed they had it returned and the next DVD was on the way. Plus the watch instantly, I can sit right at the computer and watch anything, plus you can also download directly to the TV(which I havn;t done yet).

They are going to kill the BB industry, and the premium channel TV industry. I'm going to drop many of my premium channels, but I still like showtime and HBO for the boxing, plus a few series, DEXTER for one. However all the first 4 seasons of Dexter on on the view instantly list.

I don;t know how they do it, but I'm impressed. They must have some deal with the post office, where its all a barcode scanned into computers. The actual return of each item may takes a few days, but the barcode tells them its in the mail. Either way, postage is .44 cents each way, so each costs .88cents round trip. They must have a good mass mailing deal negotiated.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:32 pm

I LOVE Netflix..my H..he is always on the forefront of this stuff...he signed us up for it, when it first started..he travels a-lot for his job(or did, I should say, not as much now) Netflix is great for travelors.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I may have changed my mind about them now with the new pricing. To have both services download or delivery, you have 2 separate services which will increase the rate from $10 to $16. I may just cancel it on principal.
greeney2

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts