The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

White African American?

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:44 am

good point Nasaie! Take it to the next level. Why should any natural born American citizen who is Black, all of a sudden become an African/American a special catagory? They arn't, and that actual numbers of black africans born there and immigrating to the USA is very small. I had this same arguement with my leadman at work, who parents were from Mexico, and he was born in Los Angeles. He wanted to be known as a Mexican/American but he is a natural born citizen. When hiring for anyplace is to fill minoriety vacancies, thats discrimination. So is appying under the pretense any minioriety status deserves special treatment. My ansesters were from Germany and Ireland, but nobody in my family has ever written German/American anyplace.
greeney2

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Lashmar wrote:You have no real history though. And you know exactly what I meant.

You have no honor and pride in things that came before you because things arn't that old, myths haven't built up over things. It’s not your fault and you’re not alone. The entire new world is in the same boat.

Oh...so to be old and have "history" we must have old stinky buildings? Is this the common British/European attitude? No wonder the Europeans/Brits committed genocide against the Natives of most continents on this Earth, especially the US, Canada, Australia, Mexico and all the other colonies invaded by Europe.

You want to see history, it is not necessarily built by man. I'll show you history.

We have history...you just have been taught to not appreciate it. Then there is the history of the Natives, whose stories you'll probably never hear, thanks to attitudes like yours.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 13, 2009 8:31 pm

greeney2 wrote:good point Nasaie! Take it to the next level. Why should any natural born American citizen who is Black, all of a sudden become an African/American a special catagory? They arn't, and that actual numbers of black africans born there and immigrating to the USA is very small. I had this same arguement with my leadman at work, who parents were from Mexico, and he was born in Los Angeles. He wanted to be known as a Mexican/American but he is a natural born citizen. When hiring for anyplace is to fill minoriety vacancies, thats discrimination. So is appying under the pretense any minioriety status deserves special treatment. My ansesters were from Germany and Ireland, but nobody in my family has ever written German/American anyplace.

Yup, this bugs me too. My great-grandparents on my father's side immigrated from Denmark. One of their daughters was my Grand-Mother. She was raised speaking Danish before she spoke English. It was the kids job to go learn English and teach it to their parents. They were born here so they were Americans now, and damned proud of it. They were poorer than dirt, but honest and would never steal from anyone. Modern immigrants don't have the same values that our ancestors did. I see it definitely here in LA (I'm back again :().
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Europe's 3,000+ history > our 200 year history.

Personally I'd agree you with Nesaie, but they've got us beat with Greece, Rome, all of their wars and battlefields, their art, their inventions, etc.

As for culture, well. We have Poe, Thoreau, Hawthorne, Hemingway, London, Twain. We have baseball (not important to you, obviously), our own style of food food, film, television. Actors like Bogart and Clarke Gable, we have Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley, we have Chevrolet and Ford, We have our own wars, our own art, our own inventions.

We have plenty of culture, and we have plenty of history.

We just need more time to really make it sparkle.
Last edited by Wing-Zero on Wed May 13, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Really? Do you define history by war?

How many rings are in their trees? Do they have trees that are so wide a car could fit through them?

I remember the last time St. Helens blew, but St. Helens wasn't his original name, nor was May 18th 1980 the first time he blew. Mt. Tahoma (AKA Rainier) has blown in the past too. Which war was going on in Europe then? What about the last time that Mt. Baker blew? Mt. Adams? Which European war was happening then?

Though, I have heard things about the German black forest, I don't know how many rings those trees have.
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Just read the rest of your post...don't say base ball in this discussion, it is born from cricket. And cricket is the most boring sport ever invented. Obviously invented by a peoples with way too much time on their hands. ;)

Especially when one game takes 5 days. I know, I know, India/Pakistan are changing this now...but even an hour of cricket is BORING!

Oh, and I love Sammy Clemens. :D He was sooo sarcastic and right on!
Nesaie

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed May 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Nesaie wrote:Really? Do you define history by war?

Cute attempt.

War is a part of history. Battles are a part of history. Some of our greatest creations came through with the idea of it being made into a weapon first.

How many rings are in their trees? Do they have trees that are so wide a car could fit through them?

Do we have the Roman Colosseum? Do we have the Acropolis at Greece? Do we have Paris' splendor, or Switzerland's Alps?

See what I did there?

I remember the last time St. Helens blew, but St. Helens wasn't his original name, nor was May 18th 1980 the first time he blew. Mt. Tahoma (AKA Rainier) has blown in the past too. Which war was going on in Europe then? What about the last time that Mt. Baker blew? Mt. Adams? Which European war was happening then?

Mount Vesuvius, but thats the extent of my knowledge on that part.

Though, I have heard things about the German black forest, I don't know how many rings those trees have.

Chop one down and count.

EDIT:
Nesaie wrote:Just read the rest of your post...don't say base ball in this discussion, it is born from cricket. And cricket is the most boring sport ever invented. Obviously invented by a peoples with way too much time on their hands. ;)

Especially when one game takes 5 days. I know, I know, India/Pakistan are changing this now...but even an hour of cricket is BORING!

Oh, and I love Sammy Clemens. :D He was sooo sarcastic and right on!

I hate baseball just as much as the next guy, but it's part of our heritage. Not nearly as much as it was before, but...

Well, I always remember every game I ever went to with my dad. It wasn't like a football game, or a hockey game, which as a sport I've always loved 100x more. It's just the fact that it's OUR game. It's another brick in our wall, pardon the tacky analogy.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 13, 2009 11:31 pm

War is part of "man's history", but there is history before that.

Ah...never mind...you've never listened to the wind. I give up.
Nesaie

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Nesaie wrote:War is part of "man's history", but there is history before that.

Ah...never mind...you've never listened to the wind. I give up.

The wind isn't ANYONE's history.

But fine, if you don't want to play that game.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 14, 2009 1:30 am

Nesaie wrote:
Lashmar wrote:You have no real history though. And you know exactly what I meant.

You have no honor and pride in things that came before you because things arn't that old, myths haven't built up over things. It’s not your fault and you’re not alone. The entire new world is in the same boat.

Oh...so to be old and have "history" we must have old stinky buildings? Is this the common British/European attitude?

You want to see history, it is not necessarily built by man. I'll show you history.

We have history...you just have been taught to not appreciate it. Then there is the history of the Natives, whose stories you'll probably never hear, thanks to attitudes like yours.

That is part of history my dear, age.

Is this the common British/European attitude?

In a nutshell; yes it is. We go to the new world not to see man-made things but to see the things you have pointed out.

That’s natural history. There’s a huge difference between that and what I was on about.

I don’t mean to be rude but I’ve had no sleep this week and I’ve done a lot of reading. sorry. :oops:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts