The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Why Is It Radio Stations Think That "Sweet Home Alabama" ...

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby bionic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:37 am

nope, you'se cute..like a red headed wizard or something.
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:02 am

at1with0 wrote:Any station that plays classic anything pretty much has to keep playing the same stuff over and over, don't it? 8-)

Yeah probably. It just seems no matter what state and where I live there are some songs that just get overplayed that shouldn't. I listen to my iphone in my truck but the machinist at my job have the radio on while they work, so I hear the same ole same ole each day.

But seriously Sweet Home Alabama isn't even really a good song, much less the one Lynard Skynard that ever radio station should play. :x

And F*** Jack and Diane. :)
"That's the problem with drinking ... If something bad happens you drink in attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen." -- Charles Bukowski
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 am

I always liked ,
"Oh Black Water"
by the Doobie Brothers, or anything by Super Tramp or America
those songs never cease to make me smile
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 am

Prince and Pink Floyd have consistently entertained me. Prince is declining, in my opinion, but that seems to be because his present religious views and practices are effecting his music. I listen to some new music, but it seems most never artists are only stinging me in here and there with one song.
"That's the problem with drinking ... If something bad happens you drink in attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen." -- Charles Bukowski
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:57 am

I wax and wane on new stuff
depends on my mood, as does everything, really
I noticed that todays stuf seems to be way more full of piss and vingegar/vim and vigar than maybe past music
that could be a generational thing, though ("what's the matter with kids today?",comes to mind)
to be honest there is such a selection these days
at1's 'obfusctation' comes to mind
you can get lost in the haze
too many choices
but I guess that's better than not enough choices
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:34 pm

I lived in Georgia most of my life. I grew up with Southern Rock. When I worked construction for 7 years, it's ALL I EVER HEARD EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

I got so sick of it, hearing the same ol stuff (and having no choice) over and over again, it made me snap. And that's what put me on the path toward electronic music, and finally the best of all worlds, vocal trance. I listen to it all I can every day, nonstop. I can't get sick of it.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:43 pm

In any event, my favorite Classic (Southern) Rock performers you don't even hear these days.

Molly Hatchet
38 Special
Bad Company
Tom Petty
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Good choices..
R.E.M. is from georgia..I have a soft spot for Georgia..lived there a for a bit(oh Savannah, River Street, beautiful old houses, litte parks here and there, Spanish moss..fantastic) and my baby sister has been there since age 15..made here life there.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Previous

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts