The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Robotics Present and Future

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby WarAngel » Mon May 23, 2011 7:08 am

The topic of robotic advancement was discussed elsewhere and the suggestion was made to create a thread of it's own. Since I haven't seen one yet here it is.

So what is the state of robotics in present day. I know we use remote control ones for inspecting a room with bad guys (terrorists and common criminals) and that the military has one which can carry an automatic rifle. There's also talk of one with rat brain cells in them. Could this be considered a cyborg since it has biological and robotic components? If so are we creating a rodent Borg Collective? How soon until we have prostetics the likes of Darth Vader, Nina Sharp of Fringe, or Marcus Wright of Terminator Salvation?
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 am

I think we are very close to a critical mass kind of event, a breakthrough of some sort.
To creating robots much like we have seen in sci-fi's over the years.

I mean look at what's coming out of Japan these days..robot body, AI brain
not far off at all

and this isn't even getting into the whole biology crossover stuff..which will tak eit to a whole nuther level

it's kinda overwhelming to ponder
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts