The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Product Review

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sat May 21, 2011 5:38 am

The Glock 23.

I happened upon a decent price for a new out of the box Glock, so I bought it. Last evening I took it for it's first test drive. :lol: Only had it about 2 months---HE-HE--Been busy with the chainsaws--anyway.

Sweet, accurate, and plenty of power--.40 cal--13 round mags, compact. I was thinking of my wife when I picked it up, it's a wee bit small for my mitts but I can manage it just fine. It's a great carry weapon.

Fobus makes a great holster for the Glocks, cheap and very very durable, as well as tech savvy. What do you expect from the Israeli's. :lol: :lol:

For me and my use, YES I CARRY---It's a ten and definite keeper. Simple field strip, and add- ons galore if you're into lights and such, or tactical gear.

Ignore any mention of slide bite by those who may have experienced such with other weapons, it's a non factor with the Glock---

WARNING: For those of you who have an interest but little experience---NEVER--AND I MEAN NEVER---Carry a loaded Glock of any model with a round sitting on go ( in the chamber ) Glocks are point and shoot weapons, no safety.

I carry but never with a round in the chamber, it takes less than 3 seconds to draw and cock for any average shooter, me about 2, maybe 1 and a half----but I hate to practice so.... :lol: :lol:

A great weapon by any measure!

Be safe.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:13 am

Great, a know it all with a Glock, bragging he can load faster than anyone. :oops:

Barney Fife was allowed to have one round, if he kept it in his shirt pocket. :lol: :lol: :lol:
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sat May 21, 2011 3:02 pm

be careful with your new toy..
"you'll shoot your eye out"
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby thunder » Sat May 21, 2011 4:32 pm

that are a quality wepon. depending on the brand. but im sure you will be happy with it, there acuate and dependable.
thunder

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat May 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Heard nothing but good things about Glock products. Usually those good things are from rabid Glock fanboys, but oh well. Personally, I like my Beretta and Colt, but that's because I don't CC.

40 S&W is a fantastic choice as well. Good pick, I say.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby bionic » Sat May 21, 2011 10:14 pm

H loves Glocks
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 am

Wing-Zero wrote:Heard nothing but good things about Glock products. Usually those good things are from rabid Glock fanboys, but oh well. Personally, I like my Beretta and Colt, but that's because I don't CC.

40 S&W is a fantastic choice as well. Good pick, I say.

Yeah got ya Wing---My personal choice was the Sig, but for the price difference this one was impossible to pass up. No brainer really .Just Hard for me to justify $ 900.00 for a hand piece. Yeah yeah I know--but money is money--anyway when you've the time---run that Colt by me--Model--Cal. ETC.

My neighbor shoots ALL THE TIME---well heeled and can afford to sling as much brass as he want's---gets his gear from his Daughter----I lost count of the numbers of duty pieces she's been through. Her employers must be bi-polar or something---I stopped counting at the 4th issue I think. LOL

Thks,

Cole

PS. Thanks for the kind words Greeney.....From one loud moth bragger to another! :P Gee G--I was just joking-----about the drawing I mean. HE-HE You really should get out more--take a drive up the coast--take your wife and have some lunch or something.
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:07 am

Good idea, I;ll take my Glock along so we get good service! :o

Actually I don't have a Glock, but have shot my Son in Laws. I'm just a plinker, so enjoyed shooting it when we went out. Come to think about it John and I are way overdue for a trip up to our shooting spot for a good day of plinking. ;)
By the way Cole, this time of year is the perfect time for a drive up the California coast, I think even you would enjoy it very much.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Sun May 22, 2011 12:02 pm

greeney2 wrote:... I think even you would enjoy it very much.

He's an instigator, isn't he, Cole? :whistle:
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Wing-Zero » Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Cole_Trickle wrote:Yeah got ya Wing---My personal choice was the Sig, but for the price difference this one was impossible to pass up. No brainer really .Just Hard for me to justify $ 900.00 for a hand piece. Yeah yeah I know--but money is money--anyway when you've the time---run that Colt by me--Model--Cal. ETC.

Yeah, if you're just looking for something reliable and on the nicer side of pricing, Glock is definitely one of the ways to go. Sig Sauer makes excellent products, the problem is that they know it and charge ludicrous amounts because of it. It's like the main AR-15 manufacturers. You get what you pay for, but you're practically giving them your arm and leg.

Anyway, the Colt I have is an M1911, .45 ACP. It was originally my dad's who got it from a friend some years ago who had it passed down to him from his dad. His friend found himself a wife who detested guns and being a smart gentleman, instead of letting it get melted into scrap metal, gave it to someone who appreciated what it is (my dad). I forget whether his dad was actually in the war, or if he just bought it during the time. It's around the 1940's, I'll have to look at it again. But anyways, my dad gave it to me a year or two ago and it's been my favorite pistol to shoot thus far.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts