The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Power of Belief

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Isn't it? Depends on what you assume the limits are, I suppose.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:29 pm

I love the way you phrased that.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 08, 2011 10:42 pm

"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby orangetom1999 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:42 am

There are two dominant theories or dogmas of power..they all stem from human reasoning or from Divine reasoning.

Human reasoning comes up with Feudalism..or put another way...Divine Right of Kings.
This also known as "Absolute Power" in the hands of a man.

Absolute Power was the power of the Pharaohs. That they not only could determine your life and standard of living here on this earth but in the afterlife as well.

Divine reasoning says that the kingdom and God are in heaven not here on this earth and no King, Emperor,Pharaoh, leader is divine right. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us and get headaches as well.

Their power is limited.

The pattern of Human reasoning under wise men is always.. by one reason or rationale after another ..one name after another.. to return to "Absolute Power" Feudalism, or Royalty..untouchable by the ordinary person. Demigods here on earth.

This is accomplished in two ways...to weaken the belief or faith of the peoples or by increasing the stature or divinity of the leader...thus their power. In other words to teach peoples to put more of their faith in government and a human here on this earth...and away from their religion.

Either way it is a step back towards absolute power and feudalism.
This is the very best that humans on their own merits/demerits have ever been able to do.
They must for "human " purposes go back to the olde ways.

The trail of history is replete with this template under the "guise " of religion..but secretly in the hands of men. The continued quest to return to "Absolute Power " in the hands of a man. A god that they can see. Demigods.

This is a very different belief..a very different way of "Living" than that known and understood by many out here.

For this too is "Belief." The power of belief. Someone is trying to return to the olde ways of absolute power.

If you know history and the patterns of history you can see this being attempted once again. It will require control over our belief systems to pull it off.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon May 09, 2011 11:42 am

Sounds like it would make a good movie. 8-)
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Who are you aware of attempting to find absolute power, OT?
at1with0

Postby qmark » Mon May 09, 2011 4:23 pm

at1with0 wrote:Who are you aware of attempting to find absolute power, OT?

I would say the AC, but his time isn't here yet. We're getting close but not quite.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Ac = antichrist?
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon May 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Alice Cooper? :eh:
DIss0n80r

Postby qmark » Mon May 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Yes.
qmark

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts