The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Power of Belief

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Can belief in something make it true? Of course not, most people would say.
But belief can to a great extent determine one's perception of one's experience.

Matthew 17:20 (King James Version)

20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

"Your focus determines your reality."
-Qui Gon Jinn
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 am

How do define the power level in any belief? It has to differ in everyone.

The belief in something does not yield the same amount of empowerment, in everyone. Take for example the belief the jihadists have in their beliefs, vs the beliefs of everyday Muslims, both from believing in the Islamic Faith. I'm not even sure if the term power is even a proper term, power would imply some superiority over something or someone. That superioriety may be self induced conception, and not the conception of others. You yourself may feel empowered by your belief, and motivated to use that belief positively, but is that a true measurment of power? Is a jihadists powerful or weak, becasue of their belief, and is a devout Muslim more powerful or weak channeling that belief into good?
greeney2

Postby qmark » Sun May 08, 2011 10:53 am

Does "the power" come from belief, or the one whom we believe in?
qmark

Postby greeney2 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:32 am

Thats what I'm saying, the empowerment of belief in anything is self inflicted, for some maybe just a mild mannered confidence, but for others they may be overzelous and really charged up by it. Some people believe they can sell AMWAY and become multi-millionares if they belief in it, and others fizzle out and fail, but they both were driven from the same belief the sales concept can work. How do you measure a level of motivation? Everyone know how to swing a baseball bat, but very few believe they can beat the homerun record.

Jose Conseco has an identical twin brother, and Jose was a baseball great, probably will make the Hall of Fame someday(disregarding the steroids), however his twn Brother was not a terrific baseball player and only lasted a few years. One a slugger great, the other not even an average player who never hit a home run I don;t think. 2 identical twins, physically appeared identical, you would assume they would have almost identical physical ability, but they did not. Was that a matter of some phyical difference, or was it a matter of the power of belief, that you would be great, and the other would totally fail at it?
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sun May 08, 2011 11:41 am

-alot of self help type, books tell you that in most situations the only real power you have is over your attitude, how you react to it. In essence, the power of your belief.

"I cannot direct the wind, but I can adjust my sails"
-another plaque I saw in a gift shop, once (it was shaped like asailboat)

next we'll be talking baout "The Secret"
:lol:
intention energy
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:30 pm

qmark wrote:Does "the power" come from belief, or the one whom we believe in?

Indeed.
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 pm

The power of delusional thinking. :twisted:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Indeed, delusional thinking is quite powerful.
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Indeed, thought is quite powerful.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:59 pm

It's not a secret. :D
at1with0

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts