The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

& of Turkish membership of the EU

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby screamzero » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:54 am

... Mr Obama also said Washington supported Turkey's efforts to join the EU. ...

May I humbly refer the President to the wise words of Sir Archibald Clerk Kerr:

As our correspondent Sir Archibald Clerk Kerr says, it takes a Turk! Sir Archibald, you are a prince among men:

Seems we have some Brits that haven't chipped their marbles with mutant plankton farts...damn good cousins.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... start%3D40
screamzero

Postby Slade » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am

Those are indeed words of wisdom, from a time when the written language was used as an expressive art form.

Though I do not think that Turkey will be welcomed into the EU for many along time to come.
"The Wheel is spining but the hamster is dead"
Slade

Postby Lashmar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:24 am

Slade wrote:Though I do not think that Turkey will be welcomed into the EU for many along time to come.

The French don’t want them in for some reason. It stupid because turkey would be the only self-sufficient country in Europe. :roll:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Slade » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am

Lashmar wrote:
Slade wrote:Though I do not think that Turkey will be welcomed into the EU for many along time to come.

The French don’t want them in for some reason. It stupid because turkey would be the only self-sufficient country in Europe. :roll:

You've answered your own question, what good is a self-sufficient country in what the French and the Germans want to be a large free trade market with them at the very hub of it. But seriously who listens to what the French say.

Whilst there are upsides to them joining, the main reason is simply their abysmal human rights record, how can the EU seek to be a world leader, and talk to China about human rights if they have Turkey on their doorstep.
"The Wheel is spining but the hamster is dead"
Slade

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 2:51 am

The French will never be the hub of anything because they talk to loud and do piss all apart from take money from the EU witch in it self is a joke because it’s only the UK, Germany and Denmark who put anything into it.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Illuminati » Fri May 08, 2009 12:58 pm

Lashmar wrote:The French will never be the hub of anything because they talk to loud and do piss all apart from take money from the EU witch in it self is a joke because it’s only the UK, Germany and Denmark who put anything into it.

Switzerland also contributes as well as Italy, Greece and Austria.

Whilst there are upsides to them joining, the main reason is simply their abysmal human rights record, how can the EU seek to be a world leader, and talk to China about human rights if they have Turkey on their doorstep.

I concur. The Armenian Genocide and the Greek Genocide and the persecution of Turkish Christians is ridiculous. To this day Turkey still denies anything ever happened. Its hard to deny when Adolf Hitler mentioned publicly that he admired the handiwork of the Turks...
Illuminati

Postby Nesaie » Fri May 08, 2009 6:52 pm

I think I saw some post somewhere, I believe it was fark, where it was an Obama before (while running) vs. after ((s)elected). While running the claim was that he'd publicly admit the Armenian genocide by the Ottoman empire...then after selected...he changed his mind.

I don't get it...the Ottoman empire murdered Armenians, it happened, admit it. Why is this such a political issue? Is it because, as the conspiracists would have One believe, because of the "jews"? (Illuminati this is intentional use of New Speak)
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Lashmar » Sat May 09, 2009 1:53 am

Switzerland is not a member. Italy, Greece and Austria don’t give half as much as either the UK or Germany.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat May 09, 2009 7:06 am

Sweden owns EU, oh yeah! :twisted: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Illuminati » Sat May 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Lashmar wrote:

Switzerland is not a member. Italy, Greece and Austria don’t give half as much as either the UK or Germany.

Sorry- I was thinking Spain. My Bad.
You know- television rotting the old brain here. Damn Sean Hannity and his brainfrying alien deathrays!
Time to watch Keith Olbermann.
Illuminati

Next

Return to World Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts