The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Save Stargate Universe

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby at1with0 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:07 pm

I think this is by far the best stargate series... And I would rank it up with any scifi or hell any drama.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:28 pm

it's pretty damn deep.
I do see how it built on ideas, especially, that began on Stargate Atlantis, though.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 am

I'm watching SA these days. It'll be interesting to see which ideas from SU were first mentioned in SA. I'm in the beginning of season 2 of 5.
at1with0

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Science Fiction is pretty much dead. The film and tv industries have run out of SciFi authors to provide ideas. Even the online media sources are drying up on SciFi. I had a hard time finding much SciFi on iTunes the other day.

I miss The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits and the original Star Trek. The Stargate shows were pretty good. I wasn't a fan of that Star Trek show with Scott Bakula though.

A few years ago they were working on a remake of Logan's Run but I think it got canceled. Hard to recapture the brilliance of the original with today's A.D.D. audiences bent on instant action. Logan's Run wouldn't make any sense anyway with today's "mandatory" multi-race melting pot casts. The story gets lost in the b.s. Besides, most civs today are intentionally moving away from the Utopian concept anyway so who would the story be for?

Metropolis like stories are also gone. Forbidden Planet, same thing. Remakes of movies like The Day the Earth Stood Still and War of the Worlds are all bombs. Hollywood has lost the knack.

Movies today say absolutely nothing. Speechless. Brain dead. Hollywood today caters to the people with below 100 I.Q. I guess we'll have to go back to reading.
CodeBlackv2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:39 pm

There's an interesting question regarding intelligent design going on in SGU.

I made a couple of vids from SGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVVYAckzFY

This is where the structure of the cosmic background radiation is discussed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFPa7nsy0Xc

One question is whether an inherent structure to the universe necessarily implies an intelligent designer.
at1with0

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:47 pm

The thing that indicates intelligent design to me is the fact that without a whole bunch of universal parameters having the knife-edge exact values they have, there would be no universe. The universe is designed to create life.
CodeBlackv2

Postby khanster » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Intelligent AIs[DROIDS] from the future create all possible histories.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Retrocausality.

Where is Malai5?
khanster

Postby khanster » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:07 am

ALL ...the star treks

http://www.allstepisodes.com/
khanster

Postby bionic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm

I miss Star Trek

WISH they'd come up with another series
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOogRK-BOVo

Brad Wright has recently confirmed at his convention appearance that:

1) There will be no SGU movie
2) There will be no SG-1 movie "Revolution"
3) There will be no SGA movie "Extinction"
4) He is clearing out his desk and leaving Stargate
5) The franchise as we know it, (for now at least) is over.

:(

"We just recently found out that the SGU movie is not going to happen," Wright said during his stage panel today. "It took too long. We just couldn't get it together in time, and the window has closed. It's actually sad for me, because after 17 years, I'm cleaning out my desk tomorrow morning."

The capacity crowd at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby listened in silence, with some attendees visibly in tears, as Wright waxed reminiscently on the almost two decades worth of the franchise he's had a hand in creating.

"It was a great ride and I felt really good about [SGU] and about Stargate in general," Wright continued. "When something's been a part of your life for 15 years, it kind of takes you over."

"There are moments I'm so proud of and remember with fondness. I really enjoyed the last day of shooting 'Unending' [SG-1's series finale]. And I enjoyed every day on the set of Stargate Continuum. I'm very paternal and I love watching people become great at their jobs. I'm so proud of the pier scene [in Atlantis' Season Five episode 'The Shrine']. Joe [Flanigan] was so powerful in those scenes."

Wright also confirmed that the proposed Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis movies have been permanently shelved, along with another movie idea he had been trying to get a greenlight on, which would have combined and involved cast members of all three series. Scripts for the first two of those projects, tentatively titled Stargate: Revolution and Stargate: Extinction (respectively), were completed well over a year ago.

What does this news mean for the future of the Stargate brand and the franchise? In the short-term, there are no plans to begin production on anything Stargate-related. But it's a situation Wright doesn't see as final — even if he's not a part of it.

"It's a franchise. Stargate is not over," he said. "Somebody smart from MGM is going to figure it out, and something will happen." Wright said, adding that he's embracing the chance and prospect of writing material that isn't Stargate related, and will be actively working on other pilots
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts