The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

APRO Bulletin Archive

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby Wickerman1972 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Openminds.tv has posted an archive of scans of the APRO Bulletin here:

http://www.openminds.tv/apro-bulletins/

Article about the release:

http://www.openminds.tv/open-minds-apro-bulletin-633/

Article about what happened to the APRO archive and files:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1145.htm

The one thing I noticed right away is that the file sizes of these are outrageously large for PDFs that most of the time are only 8 pages long and which bear text quality that is only moderate (And a few of them are unreadable). Had the creator started with high quality scans (Should never be less than 300 dpi) and then finished with ClearScan OCR rendered to 300 dpi the text quality could have been fantastic and the file sizes much, much smaller. For an explanation of how ClearScan works check out this.

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/bette ... oks-better

I batched these files into Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert them to ClearScan OCR. The result is smaller file sizes and in some instances sharper text quality (While many sport better looking text than the originals despite smaller file sizes the few that were totally unreadable remain so. ClearScan is at its best when converting mid to high quality scans into high quality, small, and searchable PDF files. It can't accomplish much with source material that is unreadable). The higher quality the original files were the greater the reduction in file size and the boost to text clarity. The ones that are still quite large are so because the originals were so poor there wasn't much ClearScan could do with them (And/Or because there were a lot of pictures in the file. ClearScan only effects text). So the smallest files (Some are now just a few hundred kbs where the originals were several megs) tend to be the best looking ones. Additionally, some of the originals had pages that were very crooked and those have been straightened out. Not all of them are perfectly straight (Though many are) but there is certainly a big improvement. All in all the original 93 files totaled 785 megs and these new versions total 161 megs when unpacked. For anyone interested I put all 93 (As of the time of this post that is all that has been made available so far) of these new versions into a rar archive and uploaded it to Megaupload.:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5809OZ80

If in the future somebody tries to download this and it isn't there that will be because Megaupload deletes files after they go 21 consecutive days without a download.
Wickerman1972

Postby bionic » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:36 pm

wow..what a service..
what a piece of history
cool
thanks
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Wickerman1972 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:19 pm

They've added 11 more.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IPSBZW5I

Edit: These ones all look pretty good. No unreadable parts. Most of the unreadable ones were very old issues. For all I know the ink might be wore off the pages rather than them having been scanned at a low resolution. Most of them look fine. As he posts searchable image versions I'll post ClearScan versions for whomever might want them (I convert every scanned PDF in searchable image OCR I download to ClearScan anyway so it's no sweat off my back to merely provide a download link afterward).
Wickerman1972

Postby ____ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Wickerman, great thread and Daniel Ropkin over at Saturday Night Uforia has also linked the APRO collection along with lot of other free specialty UFO publications like Flying Saucer Magazine, UFO Historical Review, Journal of UFO History, Flying Saucer Review, Flying Saucer Review Case Histories and NICAP UFO Investigator.

Specialty UFO Publications

UFO Historical Review
14 Issues - PDFs at Greenwood UFO Archive

Journal of UFO History
12 Issues - PDFs at NICAP

A.P.R.O. Bulletin
100+ Issues - PDFs at Open Minds

Flying Saucer Review
PDFs at Ufología Heterodoxa.

Flying Saucer Review - Case Histories

NICAP UFO Investigator

Link

Michel M. Deschamps from NOUFORS has also done a mighty fine job uploading 22 free editions of 'UFO Afrinews' which reports on South African UFO research and if you've not seen the link before then there's plenty of other UFO related files in there.

22 UFO Afrinews issues

South Africa - UFO AFRINEWS

I've finally uploaded all 22 UFO Afrinews issues which Cynthia Hind published from 1988 to 2000. Click on the images to view the files

UFO-Related Documentation in PDF Format

Cheers.
____

Postby silverbirch2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello,
I am delighted to see APRO get a mention,and all the effort that you have done in order to release these files..thank you. I have been interested in the UFO phenomonen for more years than I care to remember, and I was a field investigator for APRO in eastern Canada....Atlantic Canada to be more precise. During my time as an APRO investigator, I was priveledged to meet many interesting people, many of whom were senior personel in the Canadian Air Force who had a wealth of information on their sightings of UFOs. One of these individuals was a highly decorated pilot,with vast experience, related through family connections to the british Royal family.Whilst flying F-86 Sabres in England he was he was scrambled on a number of occasions to intercept UFOs off the east coast, but his aircraft was at all times easily outpaced by the UFOs he was sent to intercept.
I still have in my possession a cherished photograph of myself and Betty Hill together at a remote farm in Nova Scotia where I was investigating multiple visitations on behalf of APRO. Betty was a wonderful person, down to earth and matter of fact,.....the UFO fraternity was left much poorer when she passed on. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you so much for your commitment to bringing these files out for everyone to experience...it,s kind of ironic I guess that probably many younger folk won,t even know what APRO stands for, or are old enough to remember its existence. I am still active in research of UFOs and related subjects here in the UK, and have devoted a serious amount of time and deep research into the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident in Suffolk England over the last few years, and I had for a period of time almost unlimited access to Bentwaters base,where I believe that I may have uncovered some very pertinent information as regards what happened to Larry Warren during that period, with photographs to substantiate. I know all this happened in 1980...a long time ago...but I have been fortunate enough to uncover some things that are still available for scrutiny to a dedicated researcher today. The rendlesham UFO incident has been likened to the "British Roswell" However we are very fortunate here in UK that the evidence has not been lost through the passage of years as is the case with Roswell....I still feel very priveleged to be part of the "open-minded" community after all these years.
Thank you once again......................silverbirch2
silverbirch2

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts