The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Obama won't last his first term

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby UNDRSTNDNG » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm

greeney2 wrote:Feel free to look up the facts about the phone call Clinton recieved while he was having one of the encounters with Lewinski, its part of the record, I didn't make it up. He lied to a Grand Jury, on 11 counts, He committed Purgury, something you just skipped over. His effectiveness as a President was most definatly affected by these events, as well as the other Kenneth Starr investigations. It was all caving in on him like Watergate caved in on Nixon. Bush or Cheney, have never been charged with a crime, or wrongdoing. Its a matter of opinion and perspective that he lied, not your say so, or the say so of liberals and Democrats. In the case of Clinton, he was guilty of a crime and he was disbarred becasue of it. He openly lied under oath in court, and he openly did not defend the Constitution by doing that. It was an act of the head of your Executive Branch of Government, The highest office in our land, defying the Judicial Branch with lying under Oath. A plea deal made, to avoid impeachment, and embarrassment of the country for his behavior. Bottom line is he could care less, he was never going to be an Attorney after leaving the Presidency.

Cool story. But in the meantime and in between time the two main reasons Bush or moreso Cheney weren't convicted regarding the Plame Affair is b/c

A] Cheney was decidely uncooperative with the invesitgation and

B] Eventually Libby took the fall ... and then got pardoned by the then President who said that anyone found 2 have been responsible 4 leaking the identity of a C.I.A Operative [which i consider 2 be SUPREMELY COWARDLY and UNPATRIOTIC] would prosecuted 2 the fullest extent of the law. Funny how that worked out huh?

Good Old Fashioned Politricks 101
UNDRSTNDNG

Postby greeney2 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:53 pm

You do not have your facts straight, Bush never gave Libby a Pardon. Libby was convicted, paid a fine of $250,.000 and was disbarred. Bush commuted his jail sentence, and vowed to not interfer with the Judicial process nor to grant Libby a full Presidential Pardon. Cheney expressed 2 days after Bushes last day in office he wished he had given Libby a Pardon, Something Bush had the right to do. Bush gave his reasons why he tought the jail sentence was excessive when he commuted the jail sentence, and further agreed that probation would be enforced. There was a controversy that the commuting of the jail sentence as given before he was even sentenced. Nixon was give a Presidential Pardon, by Ford before he had ever been charged with any crime.
greeney2

Postby UNDRSTNDNG » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 pm

greeney2 wrote:You do not have your facts straight, Bush never gave Libby a Pardon. Libby was convicted, paid a fine of $250,.000 and was disbarred. Bush commuted his jail sentence, and vowed to not interfer with the Judicial process nor to grant Libby a full Presidential Pardon. Cheney expressed 2 days after Bushes last day in office he wished he had given Libby a Pardon, Something Bush had the right to do. Bush gave his reasons why he tought the jail sentence was excessive when he commuted the jail sentence, and further agreed that probation would be enforced. There was a controversy that the commuting of the jail sentence as given before he was even sentenced. Nixon was give a Presidential Pardon, by Ford before he had ever been charged with any crime.

Thank-u 4 the clarification.

I was wrong on those points and I stand corrected.
UNDRSTNDNG

Postby greeney2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:54 am

Thank you, and getting back to the title of the post, I do not think Obama will be a 2 term President if things do not change.
greeney2

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Well, let's hope. The country can't stand much more BO. I can appreciate his move to the center but it's only a gesture. The main cause of the stagnation in the Econ is the uncertainty of a left wing president. No one has even a hint of a good plan to deal with the debt.
CodeBlackv2

Previous

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts